TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was back in March. There has been only one body found in the last couple of days and it is female.
Sorry, just coming into this and catching up... So, which is the current body that was just found? The one in the river? And female? And what area? TIA

isnt it still a rumor that the unidentified body is female?

This ***** posted nearly the exact same thing, word for word (except maybe the snake part) on one of the Bring Holly Home type Facebook sites. It was early on, probably about 2 weeks ago if I had to guess. I thought it was pretty odd when I read it back then, too.

About the possibility of the body found in the cumberland, someone mentioned if it was Holly it would be a long way to travel with a body in a vehicle. I thought about that last night and decided the perp would have to be pretty confident, brave, and dumb to drive that far with a dead person. So, if it did turn out to be Holly (hope it's not) the person maybe would have driven with her, still alive to the Nashville area and then did the unthinkable.

I agree that the person would have to be confident, brave and dumb, but it has been known to happen. See Joel Rifkin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Rifkin

And I have to leave in a few, but I wanted to make it clear again that I did NOT say that I thought this was Holly (or Shelley Mook) and that it is more likely to be a homeless person, suicide, etc. I just wanted to post this as news in the area.

This ******* posted nearly the exact same thing, word for word (except maybe the snake part) on one of the Bring Holly Home type Facebook sites. It was early on, probably about 2 weeks ago if I had to guess. I thought it was pretty odd when I read it back then, too.

About the possibility of the body found in the cumberland, someone mentioned if it was Holly it would be a long way to travel with a body in a vehicle. I thought about that last night and decided the perp would have to be pretty confident, brave, and dumb to drive that far with a dead person. So, if it did turn out to be Holly (hope it's not) the person maybe would have driven with her, still alive to the Nashville area and then did the unthinkable.

The ********* did the same thing during Natalee Holloway case. What a cruel *******.

My opinion only:

The reason I have some concern over this db being found in the river is it's a female that is being described as being in the water for some time. This does not appear to be a recent (few days) thing. With 45-50 degree fresh water we are looking at 2-4 weeks before a body would float per rough estimates I found on sites last night.

Coupled with reports of people having left the area immediately following the abduction and going to states that may require travel in that general area it certainly has my sad interest. No I don't remember who was reported to have left with a relative but I believe it was on this site among others.

This movement to another state if i recall occured prior to roadblocks going up I think. We can't assume that this would be out of the way for a perp when it may have been along the way.

My opinion but I have a weird feeling just based on those earlier reports

As far as the theory about the Smoky Mountains? As Masked Woman said, they are really far away from where Holly Bobo lived. And between where Holly lived and the Smokies, there are hundreds of miles of vast forests and mountains in Middle TN. My father grew up there in the South Cumberland and the Cumberland Plateau. There are huge state parks and wildlife areas that are more remote than the Smokies and where a body would never be found. Outside of the 4 main cities, Tennessee is a very rural state and you can usually drive for ten miles from anywhere and be in the middle of a forest where anyone could get lost.

I have nothing to offer, except... my heart is breaking for Holly, her family and her boyfriend and his family. I hope they find her alive, but we all know that we are asking for a change in odds with that hope. This whole situation is just so sad.

I can't imagine LE not having information ready to identify either Holly or Shelley. Also, it seems nearly impossible that an ID of one of these women would be made without some leak by now. They seem to be the only missing women with a so-called high profile, from the general area. Dental records are usually useful in cases like this.

I can't imagine LE not having information ready to identify either Holly or Shelley. Also, it seems nearly impossible that an ID of one of these women would be made without some leak by now. They seem to be the only missing women with a so-called high profile, from the general area. Dental records are usually useful in cases like this.
It's very likely they have already made a preliminary ID and have probably spoken to families for missing persons that look similar. You are assuming just because it's not online it hasn't happened. They would wait for absolute confirmation before making it public and it always seems to take 1-2 days.

If this is not a suicide some perp somewhere knows the gig is up. IMO they could also be moving to make an arrest before someone flees regardless of who it ultimately is.

Prayers to the family of the db.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member