TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a funny feeling about this, especially with the timing, even though he is no where near 6' 200lbs. I hope LE just doesn't try to pin this on someone to get it over with.

The timing suggests that they're looking at this person as a genuine POI. But who knows? Clint described the abductor as 5'10" and 200 lbs. That's a good-sized build. But he also mistook him for Drew. I don't know Drew's size. But he doesn't look 200'. Perhaps Holly's diminutive size made the abductor look a lot larger than he really is.

If I follow it correctly, Clint thought it COULD be the boyfriend. The problem is that he didn't know for sure. It COULD have been intruders. It COULD have been something else. He might not even be dressed. So, I can understand a quick phone call to his mother. Maybe she expected someone to show up at the house for some reason. I think he's alarmed JUST ENOUGH to proceed with caution. Doesn't seem unusual to me.
BBM

Just a general observation of many posts here re: this same thing, my understanding was the call did not go to KB herself, she was already working and I doubt has her phone on during class, the call went to the school who relayed it to KB. That wouldn't be a "quick call" imo. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Although with all the different versions of who called who and who spoke to who...sigh.

Holly's vehicle was still there, IIRC. Why would CB think it was some handyman? Why didn't he call out for his sister? That's the first thing I would do and then if and when there was no answer, I'd go check to see who it was.

I'm sorry but any which way I look at the calling mom first makes no sense to me. He's not 10. He's 25 or 26. Not a kid.

Cause in the interview it is said that he was in a sense "tattling" by calling mom about his sister, I think because Clint assumed it was her bf and she was possibly skipping school to be with him.

I posted much the same thought in one of the first few threads on this case. There was absolutely no precedent to make Clint think that something negative would ever happen to Holly. Thus, no need for immediate alarm when he sees her figure and that of a man. And Holly's bf had been to their house numerous times, from what I recall.

However, I do think that Clint could have thought it somewhat "weird" that Holly's bf was there at such an early hour.

Perhaps he thought that Holly and bf were "skipping school" and he wanted to tattle, as the interview states.

Isn't Holly too old to be tattled on? Isn't CB too old to tattle? We are talking about both adult children living in the parents house? correct? Isn't Holly 17/18 years old?
This whole situation is odd.

Cause in the interview it is said that he was in a sense "tattling" by calling mom about his sister, I think because Clint assumed it was her bf and she was possibly skipping school to be with him.

That makes even less sense. What 25 year old tattles on his sister?

Isn't Holly too old to be tattled on? Isn't CB too old to tattle? We are talking about both adult children living in the parents house? correct? Isn't Holly 17/18 years old?

She's 20

This stinks. Someone knows where Holly is. Someone knows whether she is dead or alive, and I agree with LE that it is someone local that knew her routine. That someone will slip up, and I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. Here's wishful thinking that LE is allowing the perp to apply his/her own noose.

IMO - I don't find it odd, because, I believe this is more of a conservative Christian community, and I'll bet that they lived by those principles most of the time. In other words, I don't think the parents thought that Holly and her bf would have premarital sexual relations, for example, maybe some making out, but not sex. I could be very wrong, but that is my impression.

BBM

Just a general observation of many posts here re: this same thing, my understanding was the call did not go to KB herself, she was already working and I doubt has her phone on during class, the call went to the school who relayed it to KB. That wouldn't be a "quick call" imo. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Although with all the different versions of who called who and who spoke to who...sigh.

From what I understand, the secretary went to get KB.

Again these arent 8 year olds. Why would she skip school on the day of her big nursing exam?

Actually, that is exactly what my two sons would do....they would not always know if I had hired landscape workers, or a handyman service to do something. They would be cautious enough to call me and check it out, but would not walk out to confront anyone, especially if they had just been woken up in the morning.

(actually, the only person they would KNOW was coming would be if the cable/internet service had gone out....as they would have been the ones to call for a repair in that case!!!!)
I guess this is one of those things that we cannot be exactly sure of and remember that CB is 25 years old, not a child. I personally do not understand why he would not check to see what is happening. If I saw/heard people in the garage that were not totally familiar to me, I would be out there very quickly and would be demanding answers. People were in his garage, landscaping or handymen does not matter, there is no reason they should be in any part of his house without his knowledge, that in itself would of prompted me to probably grab a weapon and conceal it as I approached this stranger(s). There have been times I have seen lawn care people in uniform or a random person scoping out my house wanting to leave a card because they think they can seal my driveway and make it look better, checking out my property and I went out there to ask what they were doing. I know my approach to them was always startling because I demanded answers as to why they came onto my property. If they had actually entered any part of my home, I would be extremely vigilant, not extremely unconcerned.

I don't get it I guess. To me If I heard someone talking outside my house or saw people in my garage I wasn't sure of, I would just look myself and not call someone 20 miles away.

me: hey mom who is talking in the yard?

mom: I don't know why don't you go see?

me: dohhhhhhhhhh

These aren't little kids here they are all adults. Or if it was that big of a deal call 911 but your mom???

From what I understand, the secretary went to get KB.
Thanks, that's what I thought I remembered too from some of the first few versions of the story. It's amazing how much phone tag went on.

I see no reason not to take Clint's account at face value. He explains what he did. He doesn't tell us what he felt. But his actions -- calling his mother at school -- suggest that he felt some apprehension. He suspected something was not right. (But he probably never suspected a crime of such magnitude.) So, I can understand his caution. He might've asked his mother, "What should I do? Should I call the sheriff?" At the same time, he's probably hoping it's nothing to be concerned about. That there might be an innocent explanation -- such as that Drew has stopped by.

Maybe Clint was unaware that she had a big nursing exam that day.

Not that I think it is of any importance whether he knew or not but if it was this big final exam or whatever, I would assume everyone in the house knew about it. Holly would have talked about it, been studying, etc. It is said that she got up early that morning to study... so I assume he would have known. Unless these folks live in a vacuum from each other they should know what is going on with each other, as most close families do.

And if he didn't know she had an exam would he even know she had school that day or would he even care if she skipped school. These are 20-25 year old adults not middle schoolers.

I do think there are some pockets of society in the American culture where they retain some kind of innocence and try to adhere to Christian principles.

As a matter of fact, it's JMO, but I think a predator honed in on a clean-cut, beautiful, innocent young woman.

I see no reason not to take Clint's account at face value. He explains what he did. He doesn't tell us what he felt. But his actions -- calling his mother at school -- suggest that he felt some apprehension. He suspected something was not right. (But he probably never suspected a crime of such magnitude.) So, I can understand his caution. He might've asked his mother, "What should I do? Should I call the sheriff?"

I try taking all of their statements at face value but they contradict each other so much you don't know which way is up. :banghead: Its not like they are telling a story and leaving out little parts here and there to help LE or at LE's request. The story told differs substantially each time it is retold and expanded upon.

I will say a big problem seems to stem from who does these interviews... they ask vague questions, get murky vague answers, and then do not bother to clarify or expand on anything.

Ya'll, I think we might be making some extra work for our wonderful mods here.

No one has been named a POI in Holly's case yet. So right now, it seems wise to not speculate on parenting skills, or who should have done what within the Bobo family the morning Holly was abducted.
I understand that there is confusion about statements made by the media, LE, and the Bobo family and spokesperson.
But that is VERY common; and does not mean anyone making inaccurate or changing statements under extremely stressful situations is guilty of a crime. Witness and PLS/ description reports are notoriously inaccurate.

So... how can we help find Holly?

I don't think many people think that she disappeared purposely. So if she did not... where might she be that has not been searched yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme