TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily think that is anything new or different. For one, crimes have been solved by police work and good old fashioned investigative techniques for centuries without the use of DNA. While DNA is useful, it is not mandatory for any kind of conviction. And people have been hiding bodies successfully for centuries too. Thats nothing new. And (again) people have been convicted in circumstantial cases like say Scott Peterson.

I believe criminals realize the CSI effect has made it possible for them to get away with "murder", in that the longer it is before the body is found ,the more decomp/less forensic evidence/less chance of conviction if they are caught.
Before Forensics "circumstantial " was all anyone had to work with. Sure you can still get convictions with only circumstantial evidence, but it better be in abundance. As it was with Scott Peterson and the Ann Marie Fahehy case in Delaware. Let's see how the Robyn Gardner case plays out -no body/no forensic evidence. MOO

Little Kayleah Wilson was found within a month or so, I believe, after she was killed last year, and they still have not been able to link her murder to the man who was eventually charged with sexual abuse/assualt of her previously, or anyone else.

OK---I cannot get past the "SCREAM"--never could.

1) When scream was initially reported couldn't understand how "Clint did not hear it"--we assumed he was sleeping.

2) Now Neighbor's son hears it, but his own mother does not, and son is living with her? ...and she is wide awake. How can that be?

The neighbors live 350 yards away from the Bobo's, help me understand why 1 person, only, hears this ..and that person just continues on to work. What kind of a relationship does he have with the Bobo's ? I mean why even bother to call his mom if he isn't concerned enough to check himself

respectfully snipped

I'm way behind reading here, so probably everyone has gone past this by now.

My step-son could have slept through it; he's a very deep sleeper. Maybe the scream woke Clint, but he was deeply asleep and woke up slowly, and by the time he was fully awake the only noise he heard was the dog barking ? Just tryin to figure out, like you, how it could have happened.

Now how this mother would not have heard it, beats the heck out of me. Even over a tv, it should have been heard. I would even think in the shower.

Why her grown son just drove on to work, WTH ? I'm sorry, but that is NOT typical southern male behaviour. I don't know any man who would do that. Just drive on to work, and not go HELP. Women don't just scream.
Here's where it gets worse; there's only north and south to go on that road. Did he drive north right past Holly ??

We live in an area exactly like the Bobo's home. It is completely silent outside, except for a few birds. Seriously silent. There are no planes flying overhead, no cars driving by, no barking dogs, no sirens, nothing. Our nearest neighbor is further away from us than the Bobo's from their neighbor, and I can hear their little children talking in a normal tone of voice, when they're outside. It's so quiet, that when there is a sound, it carries all the way here. So in an area like ours and the Bobo's, that would have been a very loud high pitched noise, and should have carried far away.

I saw a lady on tv on the news, being interviewed, I think it was the next day, the 14th.
She had kind of short blonde hair, and a slight build. She only spoke briefly. She said she had just gotten in her car to drive to work, and she heard the scream. She was standing on the right side of my tv screen. Maybe some of ya'll saw it. She must be one of the other neighbors.

I can't hardly believe it's been 6 MONTHS.
I still can't think about what happened to her that morning because when I do, I almost burst out crying. Every time.
We live 64 minutes from her doorstep.

This should not have happened. If they were to find who took her, I would gladly insert the syringe.

I dont think police need a search warrant for a crime scene nor if they are granted permission by the home owners to search the home and gather evidence.

I'm following Baby Lisa's case so that's how I thought of the search warrant. They just recently got a search warrant in that case after 16 days so I guess my question is how did LE in Holly's case dismiss a home invasion so quickly? Did the Bobos allow them to search inside of the home? There was nothing I could find in the earlier threads mentioning any searches done inside the home. Maybe they did. IDK. Was it because nothing was stolen? Was it because there was no signs of a break in? IIRC, Dana Bobo said they left the car door unlocked. Could they have left the front door or any other doors unlocked? We know Karen left at 7. Perhaps she thought it wasn't necessary to lock the doors considering Holly was going to leave shortly thereafter.

I'll probably never get the answer but curious to know how and why they dismissed it so quickly.

respectfully snipped

My step-son could have slept through it; he's a very deep sleeper. Maybe the scream woke Clint, but he was deeply asleep and woke up slowly, and by the time he was fully awake the only noise he heard was the dog barking ? Just tryin to figure out, like you, how it could have happened.

Now how this mother would not have heard it, beats the heck out of me. Even over a tv, it should have been heard. I would even think in the shower.

Why her grown son just drove on to work, WTH ? I'm sorry, but that is NOT typical southern male behaviour. I don't know any man who would do that. Just drive on to work, and not go HELP. Women don't just scream.
Here's where it gets worse; there's only north and south to go on that road. Did he drive north right past Holly ??

We live in an area exactly like the Bobo's home. It is completely silent outside, except for a few birds. Seriously silent. There are no planes flying overhead, no cars driving by, no barking dogs, no sirens, nothing. Our nearest neighbor is further away from us than the Bobo's from their neighbor, and I can hear their little children talking in a normal tone of voice, when they're outside. It's so quiet, that when there is a sound, it carries all the way here. So in an area like ours and the Bobo's, that would have been a very loud high pitched noise, and should have carried far away.

I saw a lady on tv on the news, being interviewed, I think it was the next day, the 14th.
She had kind of short blonde hair, and a slight build. She only spoke briefly. She said she had just gotten in her car to drive to work, and she heard the scream. She was standing on the right side of my tv screen. Maybe some of ya'll saw it. She must be one of the other neighbors.

I still can't think about what happened to her that morning because when I do, I almost burst out crying. Every time.

This should not have happened. If they were to find who took her, I would gladly insert the syringe.

Yes, I think that's one of the stories that was changed. We all thought the neighbour who heard the scream was a woman until Karen, in one of the interviews, mentioned it was the neighbour's son.

It's interesting that you saw the lady on tv say SHE heard the scream. Again, we're left with why was the story changed? Or was it? Were there other witnesses?

Little Kayleah Wilson was found within a month or so, I believe, after she was killed last year, and they still have not been able to link her murder to the man who was eventually charged with sexual abuse/assualt of her previously, or anyone else.

Celina's case also. No arrests yet. :(

Since Clint Hunter Bobo is the avid turkey hunter in this case, can somebody please tell me why Clint wasn't outdoors hunting turkeys on the very first day of the Opening Season?

What if he told her he was taking her to the hospital to tend to her injury? That could explain her going with him, seemingly willingly.

i sorta doubt that since it was probably him that injured her. and if she was injured in some strange mysterious way, why walk off into the woods with an unknown guy in camo when you are at your own house with your brother and phone. i dont buy that... but i also dont buy any freak accident story either.

I'm following Baby Lisa's case so that's how I thought of the search warrant. They just recently got a search warrant in that case after 16 days so I guess my question is how did LE in Holly's case dismiss a home invasion so quickly? Did the Bobos allow them to search inside of the home? There was nothing I could find in the earlier threads mentioning any searches done inside the home. Maybe they did. IDK. Was it because nothing was stolen? Was it because there was no signs of a break in? IIRC, Dana Bobo said they left the car door unlocked. Could they have left the front door or any other doors unlocked? We know Karen left at 7. Perhaps she thought it wasn't necessary to lock the doors considering Holly was going to leave shortly thereafter.

I'll probably never get the answer but curious to know how and why they dismissed it so quickly.

In Baby Lisa's case the family has been uncooperative and perhaps a warrant was required because they had quit talking to the cops?

In one of the interviews Dana had said they felt safe and routinely left the house and cars unlocked.

I'm assuming there was no probable cause to get a search warrant to search inside the house, because the indication was that Holly was taken from outside as she was getting ready to leave. IIRC, the door to her car was open, like she was going to get in the car, though I could be wrong about that. It's very possible that they did a walk through of the home that first morning, that's SOP. If there was no signs of foul play, nothing taken, nothing amiss, there would be no reason to do a thorough forensics search, since she was taken from outside.

In Baby Lisa's case the family has been uncooperative and perhaps a warrant was required because they had quit talking to the cops?

In one of the interviews Dana had said they felt safe and routinely left the house and cars unlocked.

There are differences in a routine search with the parents' permission and a thorough forensics search via search warrant. They obviously suspect they are involved, and have from Day 1, so conducting this search without them there to get in the way and hinder them was vital, IMO.

I appreciate your inputs but still wonder why the home invasion was dismissed so quickly and also wonder if and when the home was searched. Whether we believe she was kidnapped or not, a thorough search of the home would've been needed not just the carport and the path leading to the woods, imo.

I just realized something. There was never a search warrant even though at the very beginning of the case, it was believed the abduction was a result of a home invasion. That theory was dismissed very quickly and LE confirmed the suspect was not inside the house. I wonder why? How were they so sure?

They searched the house and took any evidence they found, with full compliance of the owners? No search warrant was needed.

I'm assuming there was no probable cause to get a search warrant to search inside the house, because the indication was that Holly was taken from outside as she was getting ready to leave. IIRC, the door to her car was open, like she was going to get in the car, though I could be wrong about that. It's very possible that they did a walk through of the home that first morning, that's SOP. If there was no signs of foul play, nothing taken, nothing amiss, there would be no reason to do a thorough forensics search, since she was taken from outside.

I don't think probable cause was needed.

If I grant LE full access to my home and property, then there's no need for a warrant. And if they say, can I take this toothbrush- and I say yes- there is no need for a SW.

I consented. Will hold up in court.

i sorta doubt that since it was probably him that injured her. and if she was injured in some strange mysterious way, why walk off into the woods with an unknown guy in camo when you are at your own house with your brother and phone. i dont buy that... but i also dont buy any freak accident story either.

Probably not, as far as the hospital theory, but that really only leaves two options in my mind, if she was indeed simply walking normally; either she left with him because she wanted to, or he held a gun/knife and/or made explicit threats.

I am getting caught up in Clint's having said that they were crouched down and talking and seem to have been out there together for several minutes, which is so unlike any abduction scenario I can even conjure up in my mind. If it was one minute, I could see him quietly threatening her, maybe even drawing blood with a kinfe, but if the time was several minutes, it is just mind-boggling. What on earth was going on?

I wonder if drew did tell clint where he was hunting...and it was right there on clint's property. I also wonder if clint was hunting with him. If there is a solid witness to place drew at a different property in south county, then drew should be excluded. It should not read that EVERYONE is a suspect. Drew would clearly not be in the group of suspects if he was observed elsewhere.

UNLESS, the total timeline is not accurate and LE knows it. I wish LE would be kind enough to advise the public whenever a suspect is ruled out.

I saw Karen on tv, or read in a news article just recently; She says that Clint was at home sleeping before and after she left to go to work. She said that Clint did know that Drew would be hunting on the morning of the 13th, but was not aware of the location, and did not state any plans to join him.

Clint was in college studying towards a degree in social work, and was also working 2 jobs in that field. He was not supposed to be at home that day. When asked by media why he was there, he said that "he had called in."

From that, I am thinking that he was working at one job in the morning hours, as one does not usually "call in" to college. It appears to me that he had slept in his bed from the night before, and was still asleep until sometime close to 8:00am, because he states that he woke up at appx 7:50am.

I had the latest timeline of the morning of April 13, but cannot find it. If any of you has it, I would deeply appreciate it if you would please share it with me.
It looked like the following info, in this format:

8:05am Deputies arrive
7:50am Clint wakes up
7:40am Holly goes to her car to drive to school

I'm sure that the above is not accurate to the minute, and there is a huge number of entries missing. I'm just typing it from memory.
Every detail is in the timeline I lost, in the format as above, and where all of them were, at each time, and what they were doing.
I had it saved, but am unable to find it, or the origin. If anyone has it, I would be deeply grateful for a copy.

Thank you,
Karen

IMO, as usual

Karen Anne, nice to see you back! There were two timelines posted lately, here is one and I'll get the other also.

4:30am*Holly awoke to study for an exam @8am. She studied in her room, alone, on her bed, and with the door shut..(time verified only via Holly's telling her mom later that morning)

5:30am*Dana stops at Holly's bedroom door and speaks to Holly thru her closed door asking did she need any money. She replies yes and he leaves it for her on kitchen counter.

5:35am*Dana leaves for work.

5:35am*Karen awoke and went into Holly's room to speak with her. Holly was studying on her bed.

Just shy of 7:00am*Holly is now studying at the kitchen table. Karen packs Holly's lunch and puts her breakfast in the microwave.

7:00am*Karen leaves to go to work(26 min travel time to work)

7:00am*Hannah calls Holly from her home landline on Holly's cell.. Holly indicates she is going to eat her breakfast and put her shoes on to leave.

Almost 7:30am*Holly's at the kitchen table studying when she receives a call from Drew. He proceeds to tell her of the cousin not recognizing him and wasn't giving permission for he and his dad to hunt on her grandma's 60acres located across the county.

7:30-7:35am*A flurry of calls take place between Holly, Drew, and Karen discussing the incident of Drew's not being recognized to hunt grandma's property.

7:35am*Karen speaks to Holly for the last time via cell phone.<Noted that Clint was still in bed asleep.>.

7:40am*James Barnes(neighbor to the south)Hears a scream from the Bobo's house. He alerts his mom(who lived there as well) and then left for work.

Around 7:40am*Cathy Wise(James' mom) calls Karen at school amd leaves her a msg in the office.

7:45am*Karen receives the neighbor's msg while in the school cafeteria.

7:50am*Clint is awakened by the dog barking. He looks out the window and sees no unfamiliar vehicles, but does see Holly's car. This prompts him to call mom as he'd already looked around and knew Holly was not in the home. He says his call was to ask if Holly had received a ride to school or did not have school that day. Mom's phone is in her classroom so he gets no answer.

At some point AFTER 7:50am**mom after receiving neighbor's msg she uses library phone to call home. Clint tells mom that Holly's car is still home. Mom immediately hangs up and calls 911(routed to Henderson Co)

7:50am*After the call Clint looks out the kitchen window and sees his sister and who he believed to be Drew casually walking towards the woods. This prompts him to call Holly's cell. It rings 5 times and goes to voicemail. He then calls Drew's phone.. It rings 5 times and goes to voicemail.<Noted that this assures Clint that Holly/Drew were indeed together with neither answering their cell phone.>.

7:55am*Karen again calls home with Clint relaying he'd just seen Holly/Drew walking towards the woods. Mom immediately tells Clint that is NOT DREW.call 911.Mom then tells Clint to get a gun and go after the man! Mom immediately hangs up and calls 911 a second time.*<Noted that at this time mom still HAD NOT told Clint that Drew had been on the other side of the county hunting.. THO THAT WAS MUCH EARLIER BUT FACT WAS CLINT STATED AT THAT TIME HE STILL BELIEVED IT TO BE DREW.

8:00am*Clint with loaded gun leaves out the backdoor of the residence, walks thru the open garage attached to the house. He sees a puddle of blood near Holly's car. *<Noted that even at this point Clint was still NOT alarmed, still believed it was Drew, and the blood was from a turkey(tho clearly no turkey in site)>.

About 8:00am*Clint walked towards the woods when Cathy Wise pulls up the driveway( James who heard the scream's mother)*<Noted that the school secretary told Cathy to go to the Bobo home to check> Cathy proceeds to tell Clint about the screams she had heard just some 15-20mins prior.[I personally noted that it does state that "she" heard the scream(s), but could just be the author's choice in words and not meaning it that "she" actually heard the scream(s)]
*<Noted it is at this point that Clint becomes alarmed for the first time> .

About 8:00am*Clint calls 911 at the same time as he heard the engines rev of the quickly approaching patrol cars onto their Swan Johnson Rd.
*<Noted that Clint states that the first officers were on the scene IN LESS THAN 10 mins from the time that he saw his sister/male walking towards the woods>

8:00am*Drew is at his job in Parsons

8:00am-ish*Mom arrives home with Terrie Bromley from school.

8:30am*Dana arrives back home.

What is so very obviously omitted in this version of the timeline is that Clint states he awakes at 7:50am to the dog barking and he immediately goes into his checking out thru the windows and saw that Holly's car was still at home, thus prompting him to call mom and ask had she gotten a ride to school... And gone is the murky details of his looking out the window and seeing 2 "silouhettes" inside the attached garage that were in a kneeling position.. Gone too are the details of his account where he is close enough to the two in the garage that he can actually make out that they had "young sounding" voices(way back at the very beginning even stating he believed the voices soundex as tho they were arguing).. This entire chunk of Clint's account of that morning's events are suddenly gone in this new timeline.. Why? They certainly were hammered on and driven home in the JVM interview with him getting very detailed with the set up and location of the attached garage where he'd first seen and heard two people that morning after being awakened by the dog barking.. His going into further detail that it was due to his not knowing who or why they were in their garage that directly led to his making that initial phonecall to mom that morning.. His wanting to know was it Holly and if so who was she with and what were they doing?.. And then the events of the morning pick back up coinciding with this timeline from his mom returning that first phonecall and his learning Holly should infact have already long since been at school for an early morning important exam..

Here is the other timeline.

My opinions only, no facts here:

This is my timeline for the morning Holly Bobo disappeared, from newspaper reports. IT IS NOT OFFICIAL! There is no official timeline to my knowledge. Before reading this, note that Holly’s brother apparently did not know that Holly’s boyfriend was across the county hunting turkey that morning. I have tried to avoid interpretation, except where exact times or event sequences must be deduced from the newspaper reports. Some of the events may be simultaneous. This is the best I can do without spending days on it:

4:30 AM (Holly awoke and was in bedroom studying, witnesses unknown)
5:30-5:35 (Holly still in bedroom, witness is father)
5:30-5:35 (Holly’s father leaves for work, witness is himself)
6:30-7:00 (Holly in bedroom and at breakfast table and mother makes a lunch for Holly, witness is mother)
7:00-ish (Holly’s mother leaves for work, witness is herself)
7:00-ish (Holly talking on phone with college girlfriend, witness is girlfriend)
7:30-ish (Holly talked with boyfriend on phone about him being accused of trespassing on her grandmother’s property across the county that morning while turkey hunting, witness is boyfriend)
7:30-ish (a flurry of calls between Holly/Holly’s boyfriend and Holly’s mother about the mistaken trespassing incident, witnesses are boyfriend and mother)
7:30-7:35 (Holly talked with mother on phone, witness is mother)
7:40-ish (Holly going outside to car-possibly 5 minutes earlier than usual so as to not miss a college exam, no witnesses)
7:40 (someone screamed at Holly’s house, male witness to scream is nearest neighbor to Holly’s house)
7:40-ish (male neighbor tells his own mother who also lives with him about hearing the scream)
7:40-ish (male neighbor’s mother calls Holly’s mother at work about the scream, witness is secretary who relays info to mother)
7:50 (Holly’s brother wakes up, witness is himself)
7:50-ish (Holly’s brother notices Holly’s car is still there and calls mother but gets no answer because mother’s phone is not with her, witnesses are himself and secretary)
7:50-ish (mother gets message from secretary and calls son/Holly’s brother who tells his mother about Holly’s car still being there, witnesses are son and mother)
7:50-ish (the alarmed mother calls 911 but is not satisfied that she talked to the right office, witness is Henderson County dispatch)
7:50-ish (Holly is seen being led into woods by a man, witness is brother)
7:50-ish (mother calls son again and son says Holly is walking into woods with a man he thinks is her boyfriend-mother says it cannot be her boyfriend and to call 911 and go outside with a gun and follow them, witnesses are son and mother)
7:50-ish (mother calls 911 again, witness is Decatur County dispatch)
7:50-ish (brother tries to call Holly but gets voicemail, witness is himself)
7:50-ish (brother tries to call Holly’s boyfriend but gets voicemail, witness is himself)
7:50-ish (brother gets a pistol and walks out of house and notices blood by Holly’s car, witness is himself)
8:00 (neighbor woman pulls up to Holly’s house and reports the scream her son heard to Holly’s brother, neighbor woman and Holly’s brother are witnesses for each other)
8:00-ish (brother calls 911, witness is presumably the dispatcher)
8:00-ish (first police car arrives)

The main difficulty with the timeline is the amount of events around 7:50-ish. Since it has been estimated that Holly and the man went into the woods at 7:50, it seems possible that Holly’s brother actually awoke around 7:40 to 7:45, perhaps awoken by the sound of the scream. This would allow ample time for all of the 7:50-ish events to occur.

respectfully snipped

BBM

I haven't posted for some time, I've been biting my tongue at some of the bizarre theories floating around lately, but I TOTALLY agree with you here! What man, especially in the South, would hear a scream that he believes to be a woman in peril, and enough so that it makes him call his mother about it, but doesn't go to investigate?!?! Something isn't right there. It has me shaking my head.

As for inserting the syringe, I'll be right there next to you, holding the SoB down.

BBM

I haven't posted for some time, I've been biting my tongue at some of the bizarre theories floating around lately, but I TOTALLY agree with you here! What man, especially in the South, would hear a scream that he believes to be a woman in peril, and enough so that it makes him call his mother about it, but doesn't go to investigate?!?! Something isn't right there. It has me shaking my head.

As for inserting the syringe, I'll be right there next to you, holding the SoB down.

Not to mention a 2nd man who calls his mother because the dog is barking...this whole case is truly mind-boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro