TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I haven't posted for some time, I've been biting my tongue at some of the bizarre theories floating around lately, but I TOTALLY agree with you here! What man, especially in the South, would hear a scream that he believes to be a woman in peril, and enough so that it makes him call his mother about it, but doesn't go to investigate?!?! Something isn't right there. It has me shaking my head.

As for inserting the syringe, I'll be right there next to you, holding the SoB down.

Are you saying something isn't right because you suspect this guy may have been involved or that Karen is not being truthful?

Are you saying something isn't right because you suspect this guy may have been involved or that Karen is not being truthful?
I'm saying something just doesn't seem right in my mind about the lack of action on his part. If it concerned him enough to call his mom about it, then it must have made an impact on him. He's right there, why did he not go to see what the scream was about? I mean for all the accounts I've read about Holly, she wasn't one to go around screaming just for the heck of it, so I doubt he said to himself "oh, it's that Holly screaming again, I wish she'd stop". I don't get it, what's with the guys around there anyway, grown men, and they all seem to call their mom when anything happens??? WTH??? It has me totally baffled. Is there something in the water there?

As for him being involved, I have no opinion one way or there other, but IF he was, why bring attention to himself by calling his mom about someone screaming in advance of the crime he's about to commit, if in fact he was involved??? Doesn't make any sense. Not saying he was involved, just answering your question. But then again, there is nothing about this case that truly makes sense. There is a wonderful, beautiful girl missing, and nothing at all adds up to anything. :( And eveytime someone talks, some part of the story changes.

And what about the woman who was interviewed on tv who said she heard a scream? Even the sheriff said on tv that it was "the woman who lives up the road there" (paraphrase), which turned out to be down the road in all actuality, but now it went from the woman to her son. WTH???

Sigh. Where are you Holly? Please come home to us.

I'm saying something just doesn't seem right in my mind about the lack of action on his part. If it concerned him enough to call his mom about it, then it must have made an impact on him. He's right there, why did he not go to see what the scream was about? I mean for all the accounts I've read about Holly, she wasn't one to go around screaming just for the heck of it, so I doubt he said to himself "oh, it's that Holly screaming again, I wish she'd stop". I don't get it, what's with the guys around there anyway, grown men, and they all seem to call their mom when anything happens??? WTH??? It has me totally baffled. Is there something in the water there?

As for him being involved, I have no opinion one way or there other, but IF he was, why bring attention to himself by calling his mom about someone screaming in advance of the crime he's about to commit, if in fact he was involved??? Doesn't make any sense. Not saying he was involved, just answering your question. But then again, there is nothing about this case that truly makes sense. There is a wonderful, beautiful girl missing, and nothing at all adds up to anything. :( And eveytime someone talks, some part of the story changes.

And what about the woman who was interviewed on tv who said she heard a scream? Even the sheriff said on tv that it was "the woman who lives up the road there" (paraphrase), which turned out to be down the road in all actuality, but now it went from the woman to her son. WTH???

Sigh. Where are you Holly? Please come home to us.

If you go back and read the beginning threads of this case, you will discover that the scream was heard by both CB and the neighbor.

If you go back and read the beginning threads of this case, you will discover that the scream was heard by both CB and the neighbor.
Yes, and IIRC, you will also see that Karen was there and witnessed it happening, too. I don't post much, but I've been here since the first few days reading and following along and shaking my head in bewilderment. This poor girl deserves better.

Since Clint Hunter Bobo is the avid turkey hunter in this case, can somebody please tell me why Clint wasn't outdoors hunting turkeys on the very first day of the Opening Season?

I don't know why or why not Clint wouldn't be out hunting.... but your mention that it was the first day of Open Season has me thinking -
Could that explain why so many showed up so quickly at the Bobo home that morning to help (because so many were out in the woods).

I been harping on how so many knew so fast something had happened and that somehow the perp was involved in that as a way to confuse and mess up the crime scene.

Could the perp(s) purposely picked the first day of Open Season figuring there would be many out who would quickly flood the crime scene?

On the other hand, who would pick a day when there might be hunters anywhere in the woods who could spot something wrong taking place!?

I don't know why or why not Clint wouldn't be out hunting.... but your mention that it was the first day of Open Season has me thinking -
Could that explain why so many showed up so quickly at the Bobo home that morning to help (because so many were out in the woods).

I been harping on how so many knew so fast something had happened and that somehow the perp was involved in that as a way to confuse and mess up the crime scene.

Could the perp(s) purposely picked the first day of Open Season figuring there would be many out who would quickly flood the crime scene?

On the other hand, who would pick a day when there might be hunters anywhere in the woods who could spot something wrong taking place!?
Turkey hunting season opened April 2 in TN. http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...season-starts?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

From the last article, it is hard for me to overlook the part of the story about DS not hunting near the Bobo home that morning and also CB knowing DS would be hunting, but not where, and assuming the camo man is DS. That tells me it was not uncommon for DS to hunt there and also raises a concern of who may of known this information. If someone was to know the area around the home would be clear of the usual hunters that morning, it would create the opportunity to attempt this abduction without having to worry about being spotted in the area. If a person was spotted hunting that was not suppose to be there and a person from that residence is abducted in the near future, who do you think they will be looking at first?
It does make you wonder with all of those people heading to the Bobo home, from many different directions I will assume and also heading to the home knowing something bad happened, how many vehicles were actually moving out of the area?

Bringing back the article from last week (Oct 13), with a few snippets.
http://www.wmctv.com/story/15686902/6-months-pass-after-tenn-womans-abduction

Investigators said early in the search that whoever took Bobo must have been familiar with the rugged woodlands surrounding the family's home near Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis. Holly's brother, Clint Bobo, saw her being led into the woods by a man in hunting gear that morning but initially thought it was her boyfriend. He called authorities when he saw a small amount of blood outside the home.

While they have been checking out every lead, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said their investigation has stayed focused on the area around her home.

"They are still concentrating on the geographical area of Parsons and Darden and the people there," Helm said.

No additional physical ground searches were planned, Helm said.

"The best clues that we have is everything that was found and the eyewitness account from the crime," Helm said. "That's the best information we have to work off of."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Six months later with no searches planned, no trace of HB and they are still focusing on the small area of Darden/Parsons. The TBI is basically saying the same thing they said 5 months ago.

Bringing back the article from last week (Oct 13), with a few snippets.
http://www.wmctv.com/story/15686902/6-months-pass-after-tenn-womans-abduction

Investigators said early in the search that whoever took Bobo must have been familiar with the rugged woodlands surrounding the family's home near Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis. Holly's brother, Clint Bobo, saw her being led into the woods by a man in hunting gear that morning but initially thought it was her boyfriend. He called authorities when he saw a small amount of blood outside the home.

While they have been checking out every lead, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said their investigation has stayed focused on the area around her home.

"They are still concentrating on the geographical area of Parsons and Darden and the people there," Helm said.

No additional physical ground searches were planned, Helm said.

"The best clues that we have is everything that was found and the eyewitness account from the crime," Helm said. "That's the best information we have to work off of."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Six months later with no searches planned, no trace of HB and they are still focusing on the small area of Darden/Parsons. The TBI is basically saying the same thing they said 5 months ago.

BBM

And some wonder why Karen asked for help from the President??? I'm not bashing LE, I have close friends in LE, but I've had this sinking feeling for a long time the the TBI doesn't have a clue what happened and are too stubborn to ask for (outside agencies) help. I hope I'm proved wrong.

I have to bring up Clint's unusual attitude, behaviors, statements regarding the trail through the woods that he, alone bears witness to Holly/male walking to(and suppose even possibly witnessed their going as far as to enter the woods on that specific trail.. Atleast he seems to indicate this at times).. I am further flabbergasted at this individual's statements, behaviors, and attitudes..

I need to know why in God's creation was Clint under the impression "that they'd likely not be getting Holly back anytime soon" while LE, fam, etc were first arriving and he was to have been writing out his statement to LE of the events that had just occurred?!?!

He would have BEEN THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS IMPRESSION BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION..IMO.. With LE having arrived LESS THAN 10 Minutes from when he witnessed Holly/male casually walking towards the woods.. With the circumstances what they were it's my opinion that in the beginning the opinions, thoughts, views were the exact polar opposite of what Clint states that his were in his believing they'd not be getting Holly back anytime soon!?!? Again, really?? WTH?? Why in the world would he think this when it'd only been less than 10mins from when he'd personally last laid eyes on his sister, the response time is truly unheard of, remarkable in very positive ways of truly having such a small window of literal single digit minutes to have elapsed for the perp being ahead of LE.. It is unheard of.. And I know all of us here in the beginning fully recognized how remarkable it was and many if not most were of the strong belief that this was a huge positive working in Holly's favor and with there being single digit amount of minutes between brother seeing her walking towards the woods(not even counting the minutes it would have taken from that point of their taking the trail thru the woods to where a vehicle had to have been waiting, and then for him to get her into the vehicle and then leave the area.. Once that is combined into the amount of time we are talking literally maybe 5minute head start ahead of LE.. Why in the hell would the eye witness, the brother who knew for certain that he'd just had his eyes in his sister moments prior.. Why him most of all would not be overly positive of Holly quickly being found blows my mind?!?!

Instead we learn from Clint himself the truth of what he felt could not have been more polar opposite.. With his stating he felt that they'd not be getting Holly back any time soon???

Truly within my heart of hearts this is only further directly indicating that what he is telling us is the sequence of events is NOT AT ALL ACCURATE TO WHAT ACTUALLY OCCURRED THAT MORNING!!! IMO his attitude, his words, his demeanors, and his very own account is indicative of polar opposite of whT is claiming to have happened..

Why was this individual so preoccupied with this entrance and trail thru the woods..?? To the point of being preoccupied away from his LE given task at hand of writing out his exact account of the mornings events.. But he instead feels so strongly about this area.. Even tho according to him he never even saw them actually enter but rather at the time he witnessed the two they were merely walking towards the woods.. His need to keep people away, including his mother in telling her to stay away from and do not go down the trail.. The trail that actually his mom had directed him to go with gun in hand and go after the man with Holly(We know Clint never did.).. IMO mainly because according to Clint the entire duration of all of the events of that morning he firmly believed the male to be Drew. He discredited his moms direct statements to him stating IT WAS NOT DREW.. Each time by continuing to believe it was Drew.. Never becoming in the least bit alarmed(his statements), continuing to discredit his moms fears and statements, and only becomes alarmed as LE are heard on Swan Johnson Rd(his statements)..*

Now suddenly a few moments later and he goes from feeling no alarm or worry of his sister's well being.. To his stating that he knew they'd likely not be getting Holly back anytime soon.. WTH?? Really??

I just cannot stress enough just how very alarming these details of this case are.. And they defy logic as well as they are as nonsensical as anything I have EVER SEEN OR HEARD?!?!
*WTH? Why of all people would Clint Bobo at that time and place have been of the opinion, attitude, view that they'd not be getting Holly back anytime soon?? Now really?? Why??

Why the sudden preoccupation of that one particular area?? To the point of directing his mother to not go on that trail(when fact is that's exactly what she did.. Just as I would have too.. As a mom desperately running after your child you know was there just moments before).. Clint desperate to keep people away from this area.. But no concern of an area where he'd actually seen a puddle of fresh blood, *that so easily could have been the perps.. A direct DNA link to the perp.. Talk about something to be preoccupied with keeping people away from.. But nope per Dana(who didn't even arrive home til ATLEAST 8:30am) the open garage had ppl walking thru it, milling around the blood and some being just nosy..

But Clint mind you was worried about preserving the perps footprints cuz thats all they got(per Clint's words).. Does that make sense?? When in the garage there's a puddle of blood easily belonging to the perp that would be a DNA link to the perp.. But yet there's ppl all over and around that area.. Clint is preoccupied with the entrance to the woods and the trail thru it.. Along with being of the mindset that they'd not be getting Holly back anytime soon!?!?! Hello?!? WTH?!?

What do you guys make of that issue?!?
@162

Hi Smooth -

IMO, Holly and the abductor were already 10 - 15 miles away, by the time the first officer arrived at the scene. ("A mile a minute. That's how fast your child can disappear." -Marc Klaas.) They were driving at a high rate of speed, possibly on the freeway, and still driving further away. Clint may have realized that by the time orders were given out to officers, they would be further away still, and the chances of finding her right now, is not looking good.
I believe the abductor knew that he had been seen by Clint, and that the area would be flooded with officers in a matter of minutes. He knew he would have to get away from there as fast as possible.
I doubt he ever in his wildest dreams, would have thought when he first planned this, that there would be Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs from 3 counties, The TBI, The FBI, US Marshalls, SAR dogs, SAR Teams, dive teams, Black Hawk helicopters, and paragliders here.

I believe that the abductor had a gun on Holly, and Clint saw it, realizing that this guy had absolutely no intention of letting her go, another reason for his hopes to be dimmed a little. I think he then backed off, in hopes he wouldn't hurt her.

IMO, officers didn't start the search far enough out, to prevent them from getting away. They should have set up immediate road blocks, @15 miles out, on 412 and 882, in both directions of travel, on each one.

I believe that by the time it sunk in, for Clint, that it truely was not Drew who took her, he went into a deep shock, and that usually causes slowed reactions, and mild to moderate confusion, and the inability to tell a story in detailed step by step sequence. Most folks bounce all over the place when they give an interview when they're upset.

None of the accounts of events that day that I have seen, has included all details, and that's why they appear to be differing accounts. Truthful statements from witnesses are usually like that. The first time they tell it, they tell a string of events. The next time, they may have remembered a few more details, and add them. Then the next time a statement is given, maybe the person is tired, and they'll give a general synopsis of the crime. So while they are all true, they appear different.
I believe that all 2nd witness interviews should start out by the investigator saying, "Take a deep breath, and try to relaxe. Then tell me in your own words, step by step, what happened. And take your time ."
The first interview I think should be listened to as fast as they want to recount it, so if there are urgent matters, they'll likely get to those first.

To add to it, it is generally thought that if this is a recovery, and not a rescue, it will be within 3.5 - 5 miles from the point of abduction.
So I throw up my hands in utter confusion.

all moo, as usual

Even out of curiosity I think most neighbors, when they hear some sort of disturbance, will check it out. I would think a scream or screams would warrant even more attention. Unless JB's construction job was extremely important that morning, lets say a concrete truck was coming on the job for a pour, it seems he would have taken the time himself to help his neighbor or see if help was needed. I had heard his job entailed painting that day so doesn't sound near as urgent as finding out the source of someone screaming? Or, did he not have a good relationship with the Bobos?

In the initial press conference by the Bobo’s, Dana Bobo stated he believed the person that took Holly was someone “close.” He said he believed this because this person would have to know their schedules and/or comings and goings. I believe he uses the word “close” as in geographic location, not as in friendly and/or intimate with the family per se.

This appears to be a gut instinct from Dana Bobo, certainly not to be discounted.

JMO

BBM

I haven't posted for some time, I've been biting my tongue at some of the bizarre theories floating around lately, but I TOTALLY agree with you here! What man, especially in the South, would hear a scream that he believes to be a woman in peril, and enough so that it makes him call his mother about it, but doesn't go to investigate?!?! Something isn't right there. It has me shaking my head.

As for inserting the syringe, I'll be right there next to you, holding the SoB down.
The Jackson Sun article just says he told his mother, not that he called her. Have we heard another account? I can't remember or find a link.

Anyway, the Jackson Sun article doesn't say he was alarmed by it, but that his mother was. I live in the country and I can't see my neighbors but I can hear their children sometimes. Personally I don't know how alarmed I'd be by a scream, it's tough to know without hearing the scream. I do know that girls can let out bloodcurdling screams when they are just horsing around so that might make me not consider the scream incredibly urgent.

Even out of curiosity I think most neighbors, when they hear some sort of disturbance, will check it out. I would think a scream or screams would warrant even more attention. Unless JB's construction job was extremely important that morning, lets say a concrete truck was coming on the job for a pour, it seems he would have taken the time himself to help his neighbor or see if help was needed. I had heard his job entailed painting that day so doesn't sound near as urgent as finding out the source of someone screaming? Or, did he not have a good relationship with the Bobos?

I think I read somewhere that He (JB) and Dana did not have a good relationship. Which would make a little more sense for him not to get involved.
Actually , for me, it is the only thing that makes sense. ......and if true, wonder what that was about--anything in MSM about this guy?

The Jackson Sun article just says he told his mother, not that he called her. Have we heard another account? I can't remember or find a link.

I think you are just reading too much into his words.

I guess he called her on the phone and then TOLD her... same difference IMHO

Actually he is correct too. You call someone up to tell them. The call is the action that leads to what he did next.

I think I read somewhere that He (JB) and Dana did not have a good relationship. Which would make a little more sense for him not to get involved.
Actually , for me, it is the only thing that makes sense. ......and if true, wonder what that was about--anything in MSM about this guy?

I read the same thing which, yes, would make sense why he didn't go onto their property to check it out if they didn't get along. Nothing in the MSM that I have seen to verify that though.

BBM
Or ... he chose that day because so many would be dressed as he was ?

Here is the other timeline.

mag84, thank you for your replies, and especially for the timeline. This is the one I lost.

As I have read further since my post on what I think may have happened, some of the posts here, have brought up a few more possible scenerios in my mind. None of them involves mom, dad, or brother.

Some of the things that some of the folks have done in this case defy logic to me. The man not stopping to check on Holly himself is the worst one.

What does ring true to me is the way the family has acted, and will continue to act.

From personal experience, I can tell you that for almost every thing that would be thought to have been done one way, the family will do the exact opposite. On almost every thing.

A few examples, you can't get out in front of cameras because you can't even get off the bed. You're very weak because you have not slept, and you cannot eat. Not a bite. You can't stand up for any length of time. Seeing Holly's mom collapse in Dana's arms, shows that she was experiencing excruciating emotional pain.
You can't stop crying. Loud. Sometimes you get to a point where you are "dry crying." The body simply stops producing the tears.
And sometimes a sound is made like waiyling, and even animal sounds. I don't know how to describe it.

You have the attention span of a zebra finch, can't string a sentence in proper order, you slump in the chair the way they did on tv recently. You can barely speak for grief, and trying to not bust out crying. You look down, because you are remembering that she is not here where she should be, and the pain is killing you.
In that last tv interview, they barely spoke. They're still exhausted, they are forlorn, and likely heavily medicated by physician.

The thing to remember, is that they will not act normal, because their life is not normal.

My heart aches for them.

I live in the country, and I can say this, it would depend on which house the scream came from as to weather I would investigate. If it came from an elderly couples house, yes, but a house with kids, no way. Its just the way kids make so much noise you don't even hear screams anymore. Also, the further it is away, the less likely I would be to investigate. You can't be as sure of what you hear at 300 feet away in a big open space or a big woods...This part makes sense to me...It even seams alittle odd and out of the way for the women to drive over and check, in my experience country folks tend to live and let live more than a city.

The neighbor driving over to the house and calling Holly's mom does tend to lend some creedence to the theory that there was a known threat against Holly. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro