TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey at least there is some action going on and thats good for a variety of reasons...

1) if this guy is involved then LE is getting somewhere (although you could say what took them so long)

2) if hes not involved hes still a violent sex offender that needs to be kept under tabs or lock and key

3) it keeps Holly's name and face in the news locally and all around

4) it gives us something new to banter about

thats how i see it also!

If she left on her own free will they couldnt use that 85 grand to get her back
It would mean there was no kidnapping or abduction! and they cant use the public funds

JMO

It depends on what the stipulations assocated with some or all of the reward money say.

Some or all of the money may have different conditions tied to it. For example some could be ear marked for Holly's safe return. Other portions could be for the "arrest, trial and conviction of a suspect in her disappearance".

If TBI wasn't investigating this guy from the git-go, heads should roll. Just bantering.

Now I'm wondering if they found anything from TC's search warrant? hmmm

I notice the Jackson Sun article says Britt may have worked with a person or persons in other crimes. There is the possibility that LE does not think Britt was directly involved in the Bobo case but the other person(s) possibly could be, and that they will pressure him in that manner to name names, make a deal to testify against someone else, etc.

Well with 250 grand on the table they should get some new info ! If there is any info at all. I dont think anyone knows anything about Holly All but one! JMO

Holly's been missing for 294 days; last TBI press release: 288 days ago.

Well with 250 grand on the table they should get some new info ! If there is any info at all. I dont think anyone knows anything about Holly All but one! JMO

It depends on the details of the reward...does anyone have them? Is it only paid if she is found safe/alive?

Her safe return!

If it is only for her safe return...I fear that no amount of $ will be paid out...JMO. Someone could put up a million dollars for her safe return, but if she is not alive, no one is ever going to look to collect on it. JMO

Holly's been missing for 294 days; last TBI press release: 288 days ago.

And for the 288th time I found myself saying, something is just not right
about this case.

This two and a half times the largest previous reward money in history, after 294 days, is very, very strange.

I noticed that the additional reward money is from a private donor and I am wondering if that requires LE's approval to put the word out there that the money is available. I am thinking that the family and friends are trying to force (or tempt) someone's hand into doing something. JMO

I noticed that the additional reward money is from a private donor and I am wondering if that requires LE's approval to put the word out there that the money is available. I am thinking that the family and friends are trying to force (or tempt) someone's hand into doing something. JMO

I guess LE would have known before it was made public, right?
It wasn't LE announcing it though, just the family spokesman, if I understand
this correctly.

So wouldn't LE have said just hold off on that right now, we just made an arrest and we are going to interrogate the suspect to see if he has any info?
(No word on why this wouldn't have been done on Day 2).

Is this to be construed as meaning they KNOW he doesn't have any?
Otherwise what's the money offer right now about?
How does that get this person to talk?
And if he does, surely he isn't going to be able to claim it, because they are hoping it brings Holly home and leads to an arrest.

I really don't understand the timing I guess of this increase in rewards so soon after making an arrest.

I don't think he is the guy either. Breadcrumb trail practically leading to his door, notwithstanding.
That would refute the evidence being tossed out to mislead investigators, as alluded to by others early on.
Unless, you wanted to lead toward the local SO hood.

Can somebody help me out here in explaining any of the rationales?

OT, but I was just watching a show about a crime more than 25 years ago...the woman went missing from her night school class at a community college, her car was there, but she was gone. Anyway, her body was found 3 weeks later in an abandoned apartment complex, one of the units. They did have a fingerprint, but nothing to match it to. Many years later, they were able to get DNA from the evidence at the scene. And years after that, it was matched to a serial killer in custody in California, who was a long-distance trucker.

Anyway, my thoughts were; A. Missing persons have not changed all that much as far as LE goes, in all of those decades; if not for the DNA and fingerprint, no arrest would ever have been possible. They (Tulsa PD) took the case seriously from the first day and looked everywhere for her, had a witness who used her credit card for a sketch, etc. more than we have in Holly's case, but still, they wouldn't have caught him, if not for the fingerprint and DNA. B. He saw her at her night college and abducted her. Could someone who saw Holly at school the day before have followed her home, not being able to take her in daylight at the busy school? He could have had all night to acclimate himself to the wooded area and plan his escape. So it made be think it does not HAVE to be a local. Also, this woman's purse was found on the side of road several miles from the scene, like Holly's. If Holly's perp was the one who tossed her lunch bag, could there be a print, just no one to match it to? Or even skin cells, if truly lucky?

Anyway, my main interest was the fact that in the mid-seventies, if LE took a missing persons case seriously, they did the same things that are still being done today, basic searches of waterways, wooded areas, etc. interviews with neighbors, etc...nothing much new in the science of missing persons, unfortunately. They are still a tough crime for LE to solve. The only added plus is the ability to track cell phones and bank activity, yet in recent cases, the phones have not been of much value, for various reasons. Too bad, as they could be the key if only all the victims had them with them, or if some of the perps hadn't wised up to them. JMO

I would have to believe CSI has evolved over the years and with new technology crimes should be solved a lot faster than 25 years but then again we see so many unsolved cases that one keeps questioning if the criminal has become a lot smarter or because the required funding is just not there.

With that said, in Holly's case, Britt was right under their noses. If LE doesn't rule out RSO's first and foremost, I don't know what to believe anymore. I posted a link to the TBI RSO's site. Hopefully they checked the others as well.

If a RSO is involved, other young women are at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member