TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I do not follow this case, so forgive if this is offensive. Is there anyone here wondering about her brother?

Hey Clu,

LOL!!! Is that anything like a "Traveling salesman"??? Sorry, not making light of this situation, that phrase just struck me funny.

There are indeed many serial killers that are well versed in knowing everything there is to know about their victim. Not sure, though, if they would go as far as to buy a camo outfit. Also not sure there are many that would take their victim from their own home in broad daylight. For me it just doesn't have the feel of a serial killer.However in this case Nothing would really surprise me.

I don't really think this is a case of a serial...just saying that crimes like this have been committed by persons who made sure to know the lay of the land first, whether or not they were local. So I can't take that as a given, that he has to be a local.

CB certainly did seem perfectly sure that it was Drew.

As Always, this is just my opinion.

I've been following this case since may and I've always challenged the "I thought it was Drew" statement. I noticed that when you think you see someone (Ex: The grocery store, gas station) it is them 90% of the time. Our brains naturally remember how people walk, stand, their voice (pitch with certain words),etc. So i kind of have my hunch.

In my opinion, if I was head of this case I would start looking up building permits from the last year. My thought to this is (since we haven't found a body/i have still have hope she is still with us) if someone is going to abduct someone they have to have a place to keep them. If you just abducted/planning to abduct someone you don't want people poking around asking questions for something as simple as a building permit.
Second thing would be bomb shelters or an old cellar that is or was separate from the house. Find them by looking up building permits for a shelter or blue prints for a build that involved a separate cellar. I think if she is alive still and has gone undetected this long, these would be possibilities.

As Always, this is just my opinion.

I've been following this case since may and I've always challenged the "I thought it was Drew" statement. I noticed that when you think you see someone (Ex: The grocery store, gas station) it is them 90% of the time. Our brains naturally remember how people walk, stand, their voice (pitch with certain words),etc. So i kind of have my hunch.

:welcome: to Websleuths!

Guys, I do not follow this case, so forgive if this is offensive. Is there anyone here wondering about her brother?

Ill be brave and say i am and have had my doubts about him from day one!
He was there and as i have read he never calls 911 nor hears a scream so
so for whatever its worth i am a wonderer!

Ill be brave and say i am and have had my doubts about him from day one!
He was there and as i have read he never calls 911 nor hears a scream so
so for whatever its worth i am a wonderer!

......and I am wondering with ya. Frankly I would find it hard to believe if all of us at one time or another hadn't "wondered " about Clint. I think LE is still looking at every possibility, so Clint still can not be discounted, in my opinion.

BBM - Unless they’re protecting a family member. It’s a possibility. I don’t want to believe it, but as a sleuther I can’t ignore it.

jmo

Same thing though... I dont see them protecting anyone. And if I were, I wouldn't quit my job and devote my waking hours to looking for someone... Thats what doesnt add up. Not that much adds up... And I have seen plenty of cases where families turn on family members or close friends instead of somehow trying to cover for them.

......and I am wondering with ya. Frankly I would find it hard to believe if all of us at one time or another hadn't "wondered " about Clint. I think LE is still looking at every possibility, so Clint still can not be discounted, in my opinion.

:devil: me too
Might as well say it,you can go hell for thinkin' it.

Same thing though... I dont see them protecting anyone. And if I were, I wouldn't quit my job and devote my waking hours to looking for someone... Thats what doesnt add up. Not that much adds up... And I have seen plenty of cases where families turn on family members or close friends instead of somehow trying to cover for them.

bbm
I’d like to expound on that a little bit.

Remember WD (the cousin) stating in an interview, “I don’t want to know what happened?” Now, why would she make such an odd statement? Is it because she doesn’t want to think about what Holly has gone through? Maybe. BUT, if you remember about 3 or 4 months back WD was defending Clint on twitter or something like that (and I’m paraphrasing here) – “Back off of Clint. If you knew everything, you wouldn’t be accusing him!” So fast forward a few months and now she doesn’t want to know what happened to Holly.

Theory: If WD actually found out what (and who) happened to Holly, a crack in that insular layer around Clint might occur. Therefore, she doesn’t want to know.

However, at the end of the day, I don’t know (but I want to know). I want to find Holly!

jmo

Without answers or updates, we can theorize until we're blue in the face. In the 9 months, I think we've exhausted every possible theory imagineable as to what may have happened to Holly.

We need a break in the case and sadly, I don't see that happening if all they have is chasing online bloggers (TC) who they allege is interfering with the investigation (whatever that means).

TC may be a fraud but he did keep Holly's case alive. What are posters at that other site going to talk about now? LOL

Without answers or updates, we can theorize until we're blue in the face. In the 9 months, I think we've exhausted every possible theory imagineable as to what may have happened to Holly.

We need a break in the case and sadly, I don't see that happening if all they have is chasing online bloggers (TC) who they allege is interfering with the investigation (whatever that means).

TC may be a fraud but he did keep Holly's case alive. What are posters at that other site going to talk about now? LOL

I hadn't seen much from or about TC anyway, in many months...maybe he was keeping it alive on Topix? But I never took him seriously, or thought he was making much noise. JMO

Hi! :seeya: This is my first post, though I've been reading here for quite a while.

I just wanted to comment on Karen quitting her job. Being an elementary teacher requires a lot of energy and focus. It would be extremely difficult for her to do that particular work under the circumstances. I would think, however, that taking a leave of absence would have made more sense since Karen may not be that far from early retirement age. In fact, perhaps she did just take a leave. At any rate, it may have been a case where she couldn't deal with being a full-time teacher with everything else she wanted to do to help Holly. I know I couldn't have...and I taught for 27 years.

I agree... between us all we have gone over every known detail, clue, bit of evidence, interview, etc. 10,000 times over. We have come up with every theory from the probable to the absurd, and everything in between. Unless some new info comes to light, pretty much anything we say now is just a rehash of what has been said for the last 9 months.

Hi! :seeya: This is my first post, though I've been reading here for quite a while.

I just wanted to comment on Karen quitting her job. Being an elementary teacher requires a lot of energy and focus. It would be extremely difficult for her to do that particular work under the circumstances. I would think, however, that taking a leave of absence would have made more sense since Karen may not be that far from early retirement age. In fact, perhaps she did just take a leave. At any rate, it may have been a case where she couldn't deal with being a full-time teacher with everything else she wanted to do to help Holly. I know I couldn't have...and I taught for 27 years.

:welcome: Onyx

What are your thoughts about this case? Agree with you about a leave of absence making more sense. Is that something they could/would allow for say a year or more?

Hi all! I'm mostly a lurker, I think I've posted a couple of times but not with any consistency. I'm just really drawn to this case because I am a few months older than Holly (I'm 22) and it's scary to think that at this age, something terrible can happen to you. I felt the same way about Kelsey Smith since we graduated at around the same time. It's so sad.

I've been semi-following this case and, like many of you, struggling with the timeline and version of events. At this point, I don't have any reason not to believe Clint but it's possible that being interviewed on TV caused him to stumble a little bit. He seems introverted and he might have been really nervous. With that being said, I do have some hope that Holly is alive. Her abductor took a huge risk taking her in the morning before class (although I do think he wasn't expecting Clint to be there) and it seems like it was planned. I highly doubt he was just strolling by in the middle of nowhere and decided to randomly kidnap Holly. It seems like a lot of work if you're just going to kill someone, but that has happened so who knows.

You all have probably discussed this in the 31 threads dedicated to this case, so sorry if I'm repeating something that has been hashed to death.

I hadn't seen much from or about TC anyway, in many months...maybe he was keeping it alive on Topix? But I never took him seriously, or thought he was making much noise. JMO

He may have just been blowing smoke but I think he did keep some people on their toes.

He had me going "hmmmm" a few times.

And that's all I'll say about that. We need a break in the case soon!!

Who doesn’t hear a scream coming from their own home?

Who sees silhouettes in the garage?

Who decides to call his mom, instead of sticking his head out of the door to find out who’s there?

Who sees Holly walking toward the woods with Drew (or some man dressed in camo)?

Who has to be told to act (get a gun and go after them)?

Who sees a puddle of blood in the garage and doesn’t react with urgency?

Who has his attention diverted by the neighbor when he is supposed to be following Holly?

Who has to be prompted to call 911?

Who says Holly may not be coming home?

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads