TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her coke can was found near the car. This indicates surprise. Was the perp in her car when she approached it. I have always wondered that possibiltiy ever since Karen disclosed the never locked their cars or the house.

<snipped for emphasis>

If the rumor was true about papers tossed out there in Parson, I tend to believe that somebody has connections to Holly and wanted to say, "You won't need these anymore" and tossed them out the window.

Note: I wrote the following post months ago....we have for 35 threads puzzled *over the time line on that terrible morning. Just now as I read Whisperer's quote regarding Holly's paper's ,"You won't need these anymore" & tossed them ....it resonated with me. This goes to motive. This is a direct hit *on Holly's *success. I believe the motive was *out of spite *and *fueled with jealousy of Holly's many accomplishments. *This is of course only my opinion.MOO
Mizstery said:
I wrote this post back in July it is buried in thread #33. After my post ....there is a long series of posts with their interpretation of "the flurry of calls". *

If you go to the link at the bottom of the post you can pick up the lengthy discussion. As I said,this was my take. You may come away with an entirely different point of view. Hope this will answer your question. Remember it's just my opinion.

First,I attempt to list in order of importance the events of that terrible morning. The overriding event was Holly's test. The narrative validates this by ordering the morning routine ...with Holly rising early to study. Then,things begin to alter until the flurry of phone calls...when Holly is no longer focused on her test. Rather she is distracted by a flurry of calls by people who could have solved the misunderstanding among themselves. Now,why???I just cannot reconcile how the test goes from from Holly's first priority ...until its no longer even in the narritive? What are we missing??? It has to be the furry of calls...doesn't it. What other explaination could it be? MOO

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...171394&page=47

transcript that speaks of papers found.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html
MIKKILINENI: Absolutely. That`s right, Deborah. And you know, in addition to that, we also know that there have been items found in these searches, but we`re not 100 percent confirmed as to whether these items are, in fact, related to Holly Bobo.

For example, we heard reportedly that there was a bundle of papers, perhaps school papers, wet school papers found inside the wooded area, the search area. Now, we don`t know if these are actually belonging to Holly Bobo. We also, of course, know about the blood. Today, new news, reports out there saying that, in fact, not only is it blood but flecks of blood. So we have a better description of the type blood spatter that was there, found on the lawn of the Bobo home. Now...

"

I still say nobody carries a purse, lunchbag and school books with them to the woods after they've been injured and they are bleeding.

regarding their retreiver: from my experience, dogs act very strangely around human blood. Why didn't they take Holly's retriever and let the dog lead them. That dog would have gone nutz if there were a stranger on the property. he would have been in that carport if Holly was there hurt. Where was the dog? Funny, the family neve mentions him.

Did the neighbor pull up and say that her son heard screams? Or did the neighbor call HB's mom at work and say she heard screams?
Didn't Clint say that the neighbor's son pulled up in his driveway just as he was chasing out to go into the woods thus delaying his effort?

Anyway, between the neighbor lady who lives in a house nearby and her son who lives in a trailer on the his mother's property, there may be clues there depending on their responses and in what order they actually occurred, etc.

I would suspect the guy living in the woods in a trailer next door especially if he showed up on the scene within a short time - he may have knocked HB out. This is one reason why not searching the area right away was a big failure on LE's part imo.

Did the neighbor pull up and say that her son heard screams? Or did the neighbor call HB's mom at work and say she heard screams?
Didn't Clint say that the neighbor's son pulled up in his driveway just as he was chasing out to go into the woods thus delaying his effort?

Anyway, between the neighbor lady who lives in a house nearby and her son who lives in a trailer on the his mother's property, there may be clues there depending on their responses and in what order they actually occurred, etc.

I would suspect the guy living in the woods in a trailer next door especially if he showed up on the scene within a short time - he may have knocked HB out. This is one reason why not searching the area right away was a big failure on LE's part imo.

Neighbour (male) heard the screams coming from Bobo home. Told his mom to check up on the Bobos. He left for work. Mom calls Karen at work but couldn't reach her so left a message with the secretary. Secretary advises Karen of the call. At some point Karen calls Clint who we believe was already up because he was alerted by house dog barking. Clint checks outside sees Holly's car still there and Holly and who he thought was her boyfriend kneeling in the car port. Karen tells Clint it is not Drew. Get a gun. By this time neighbour appears at the home and LE shortly thereafter.

I still say nobody carries a purse, lunchbag and school books with them to the woods after they've been injured and they are bleeding.

regarding their retreiver: from my experience, dogs act very strangely around human blood. Why didn't they take Holly's retriever and let the dog lead them. That dog would have gone nutz if there were a stranger on the property. he would have been in that carport if Holly was there hurt. Where was the dog? Funny, the family neve mentions him.

Lots of good points! BBM - agree that is strange. Was she somehow forced to take them with her to the woods - especially if attacker knew Clint was home and might be watching and didn't want her to be seen leaving her things behind, or did she know her attacker and took them for some reason...

As for attacker kneeling down next to her in carport, sounds again like he knew Clint was home and wanted it to appear like he and Holly were looking at a turkey... or Holly may have passed out and he was trying to revive her...

i do agree with you that it's not usually a ruse to throw off le, but i disagree that they toss things. i don't think whatever item was found near her school was left there by chance. there's about a thousand better places it could have been dumped if the perp didn't want it to be found. i think whoever did this got a kick out of leaving a clue otherwise they could have dumped the item in a river, trash bin, burned it, etc.

I always interpreted that as an act of total disdain toward her schooling, IMO, the perp knew her, was either jealous or disdainful toward her attempts to education herself and be independent, and was showing this by scattering her schoolwork. I dated a guy once who was mad at all the time I spent studying. One time when he was angry at me for something else, he threw one if my textbooks and ripped it up.

i never heard anything about the cell phone being found at the school

It has only been speculation that the cell phone was ever found. I don't think there has ever been an official announcement that the cell phone was found.

Lots of good points! BBM - agree that is strange. Was she somehow forced to take them with her to the woods - especially if attacker knew Clint was home and might be watching and didn't want her to be seen leaving her things behind, or did she know her attacker and took them for some reason...

As for attacker kneeling down next to her in carport, sounds again like he knew Clint was home and wanted it to appear like he and Holly were looking at a turkey... or Holly may have passed out and he was trying to revive her...

Wow Steve, in all the time I've been reading about this case I never thought or saw a post suggesting she passed out and was revived. Great suggestion, it makes a lot of sense!

Wow Steve, in all the time I've been reading about this case I never thought or saw a post suggesting she passed out and was revived. Great suggestion, it makes a lot of sense!

Somewhere I recall a case in which a victim faked fainting... I only guess in Holly's case. I also wonder if the might have cut her while she was down to see if she had really fainted, and/or was doing so to force her to get up and go with him.

He had to have a weapon, since it appeared she wasn't handcuffed and could have made a move to fight free if otherwise.

If I were Holly, I would fake fainting in hopes the would actually begin his attempt at molesting me right then and there figuring he doesn't know my brother is home, and hopefully brother will see this and come to my rescue with gun in hand - mom did want him to get a gun and go out...

I didn't read back too far but I have to say it was great to go to twitter this evening and see all the Holly tweets. I follow over 500 news stations & reporters only plus pages set up for the missing, Holly's name was flooding my page. Her name is still out there!

TY Missing Holly Bobo.

I guess today is a twitter vigil for Holly, according to the posts.

Memphis RN offers reward to Holly Bobo kidnapper

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/jan/26/memphis-rn-offers-reward-to-holly-bobo-kidnapper/

Mullen anticipates that book deals and reality TV shows will more than replenish the money he'll be forced to dole out if his plan actually does elicit a confession from a kidnapper or murderer.

"The worst case scenario is that I have to pay this guy but I become rich and friggin' famous over this," Mullen said.

WTH?

"rich and friggin' famous"? Not exactly altruistic, is it? On the other hand, whatever helps Holly.....

Off topic, I've decided I have to only write comments on Websleuths when I'm on my computer. I saw in my earlier comments that I frequently misspell and have atrocious grammar, which is a result of typing on my Iphone. Oh, how I miss the archaic buttons on my old Blackberry!

It is baffling...and IMO, Holly was left in some woods or field within twenty or so miles from home.

It's baffling that after almost 3 years, LE has not come out and said so and so have been completely ruled out and the focus has shifted to other possible suspects. Meh, I don't know why I expect them to say anything anyway.

This case has been a mess from the start.

Memphis RN offers reward to Holly Bobo kidnapper

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/jan/26/memphis-rn-offers-reward-to-holly-bobo-kidnapper/

Mullen anticipates that book deals and reality TV shows will more than replenish the money he'll be forced to dole out if his plan actually does elicit a confession from a kidnapper or murderer.

"The worst case scenario is that I have to pay this guy but I become rich and friggin' famous over this," Mullen said.

WTH?

Tennessee Bureau of Investigations spokeswoman Kristin Helm was reticent to comment on Mullen's offer since he has not contacted them directly, but said she has gotten word secondhand about Mullen's reward.

"The typical reward we deal with is for someone offering information that leads to the arrest or conviction of an individual suspected of a crime," Helm said.

There's a million different ways we might use reward money in these cases, Helm added, but she could not think of an instance when reward money was offered to a suspect.

Wish she would comment on the case !!!!!!!! Hello? Anybody home?

....we have for 35 threads puzzled over the time line on that terrible morning. Just now as I read Whisperer's quote regarding Holly's paper's ,"You won't need these anymore & tossed them ....it resonated with me. This goes to motive. This is a direct hit 'sabotage' on Holly's success. I believe the motive was control,spite and jealousy of Holly's many accomplishments. This is of course only my opinion.MOO

I always interpreted that as an act of total disdain toward her schooling, IMO, the perp knew her, was either jealous or disdainful toward her attempts to education herself and be independent, and was showing this by scattering her schoolwork. I dated a guy once who was mad at all the time I spent studying. One time when he was angry at me for something else, he threw one if my textbooks and ripped it up.

Without a log of Holly's text or cell calls...we have no way of knowing who,what time or how many times she communicated with individuals that morning. All we're aware of is ...what her school friend and KB has shared. Remember,she was studying ...perhaps she had to tell someone that "whatever" conversation they wanted to have would have to wait untill after her test? It is apparent to me ...compaired to her peers Holly was the most mature & focused on her future.

Now,i have no way of knowing if indeed she was frustrated by all the interruptions. Remember,she was trying to focus on the test...but i can tell you if it had been me....there would have been some heated words like 'get a life' then an abrupt...'bye,bye' followed by a dial-tone. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay