TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if anything ever came out of the craigslist ads trying to sell the new atv tires. I thought I saw somewhere that someone "connected" to the case had said it was materially relevant.

Can anyone link to an article that says the Bobo property has actually been searched? I looked on the map and didn't see it noted. I assume it was done one of the first days, but has it actually been reported??

I've heard several times that the property has been searched. I don't have links, but it has been mentioned many times.

"Flecks" was attributed to radar online I believe and no one else has used that word. So grain of salt, etc...

Here is the definition of fleck according to freeonlinedictionary.com. The good news is that all of these descriptions show a SMALL amount.
1. A tiny mark or spot
2. A small bit or flake
3. To spot or streak

Fleck, at least to me, does mean small. If it is Holly's blood I am thankful for that, if it isn't I hope the amount is large enough for DNA. Have just always heard fleck used referring to something dry like dust, paint, gold. :waitasec:

I wouldn't think blood that was less than an hour old, and in the mild spring would dry that fast. It would have to be really minute. It was 7:30am.

"Flecks" was attributed to radar online I believe and no one else has used that word. So grain of salt, etc...

Although they have always said a very small amount, so that could equate to flecks. I would rather know if it was in the carport as initially reported or actually in the grass?

I'm curious if anything ever came out of the craigslist ads trying to sell the new atv tires. I thought I saw somewhere that someone "connected" to the case had said it was materially relevant.

ah I check the ad last night and it has been deleted by author.

I didn't understand why you would just sell two tires?

but I thinking that LE has found tire tracks... why would they want to know who was selling tires if they didn't have something to compare them too:waitasec:

Would the brother have noticed "flecks of blood"? I mean he wasn't looking for them, presumably.

ITA. And Debra Norville called it "spatter" more than once on the show, which to me, has an entirely different connotation than "flecks".

I agree but if you are going to say everyone, include everyone, not just women and children. Men go missing too, in startling numbers. See, it's not that easy to give everyone equal attention.

Your right, it's not. Very difficult I would assume. I understand what your saying, but also, though I might be wrong, tend to think women and children are most often the victims of men. Men always go missing, and are also victims daily. It is very sad, we don't hear about them either. I agree with you, there has been so much about women and children in the last few years, that men have seemed to fall off Earth somewhere. Why is that? If they don't have money and prestige I guess they don't matter. It's ALL a very sad state of affairs, if people had equal representation and this horrible mess of crime in the States was broadcasted to its true extent, all of our jaws would hit the floor. Maybe we need this, it's not getting better, violent crime is getting worse, and no I don't think it's because we have electronic access to news and just hear about it more often. We are becoming numb and I think more biased in who counts and who does not. Anyway, thank you not my kids because you are absoluely right.:)

The cell tower ID is a very good one. Can't imagine there would be too many pings going on out there, so it wouldn't take a lot of weeding through. Hope they are looking into it.

Just a thought but maybe the blood testing came back inconclusive.

Power went out at the vigil due to lightning, but that did not stop the vigil.

Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesperson Lt. Brad Wilbanks coordinates the volunteers.

"This is day eight. Y'all are tired, we're frustrated," said Wilbanks. "We ain't brought Holly home yet. We're going to bring Holly home."
http://www.wmctv.com/story/14486806/power-outage-cant-stop-prayer-vigil-for-holly-bobo

Of course a power outage won't stop them, lol. Most of the searchers have been out in the woods for 8 days with no power.

Hi all, sorry to interupt the flow. I've been following along with the case, but had nothing to add. I listened to Nancy Grace on the way home tonight and had a thought.

Kristi Cornwell was abducted while taking a walk on a rural road in Blairsville, Georgia back in August 2010. She was found in January of this year by her brother, Richard Cornwell. The GBI had identified a potential suspect in her abduction. They used his cell phone records and cell tower data to identify where Carringer was the night Kristi Cornwell disappeared. Richard set up a grid search based on that data and found her body.

I have not seen any cell tower info in Holly's case. This may be next to impossible, but what if her abductor had been in the area watching Holly? Perhaps he made or received calls/texts in the hours, days or weeks leading up to her abduction. Depending on the amount of traffic on the nearest tower, it may help investigators to identify a potential suspect.

Just a thought ...

http://www.ajc.com/news/brother-finds-cornwells-remains-794176.html

The subject in Kristi's abduction also tried to kidnap other women, they finally got him on surveillance tape. Yes her brother finally found her through cell phone pings.

Hoping for a miracle. :praying:

Surely the brother and the parents would know if blood spatter or blood specks were there on the driveway/carport prior to this morning?

And wouldn't testing show if it was old or not?

ah I check the ad last night and it has been deleted by author.

I didn't understand why you would just sell two tires?

but I thinking that LE has found tire tracks... why would they want to know who was selling tires if they didn't have something to compare them too:waitasec:

I also thought it was interesting that they came out a few days after the ad was posted telling people to keep an eye out for atv's being sold. Personally I don't think it's logical that if it was used in the kidnapping the person would try to sell it in such a small area with all the spotlight on. I would think maybe they would have reason to believe 1. That is how she was taken 2. They may be trying to hide or sell it.

I think there was probably spatter in the carport then they found the flecks leading to the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy