Deceased/Not Found TN - Janet Levine March, 33, Nashville, 15 Aug 1996 *P. March guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sounds like Perry's up to his old shenanigans again!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070314/NEWS03/703140438

"Former Nashville lawyer Perry March was moved to a maximum-security prison after becoming the subject of an investigation by officers from the Tennessee Department of Correction, a spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Prison officials refused to disclose the nature of the offense for which March, 46, is being investigated but said he is being held in administrative segregation for 30 days.

Administrative segregation is a more restrictive housing in which inmates have fewer privileges than in the general prison population.

"The placement is for the protection of the institution and other inmates and the community until the decision is made to move him from administrative segregation," said Dorinda Carter, a department spokeswoman.

March is serving a 56-year sentence for killing his wife, stealing from his former law firm and plotting from his Metro Jail cell the killing-for-hire of his former in-laws, Lawrence and Carolyn Levine.

March had been held at the Northwest Correctional Complex, a minimum- and medium-security facility in the far northwest corner of the state. On March 2, he was moved to the maximum-security West Tennessee State Penitentiary near Memphis, after being upgraded to a maximum-security prisoner.

"All I can say is there were concerns of the security of the institution," Carter said. "There's still an investigation going on, so I can't say much more than that."

Prisoners on administrative segregation are isolated from other inmates and required to eat their meals in their cells, where they spend 23 hours a day. They get one hour of recreation daily.

Carter said she did not know how long the investigation would take.

March's lawyer, John Herbison of Nashville, scoffed at allegations that March might have caused trouble in prison.

"It's really ridiculous to suppose that he poses a threat to the institution or the community. It's not as if he has a lot of resources at his disposal," he said.

He said that his client was abruptly moved from one prison to the other and that it was March who had been threatened at his new lockup.

"There is some real concern for his safety at the institution he's been moved to," Herbison said. "Apparently some inmates who appear to be affiliated with the Aryan Nation are unhappy about having a Jewish inmate."

The Aryan Nation is a white supremacist group in the U.S. with numerous members in the nation's prisons.

Carter, the corrections spokeswoman, said she was not aware of threats to March.

"We haven't been given any information that would make us think that he's been threatened," she said.

Janet March, a Nashville illustrator and artist, disappeared in August of 1996. March left the city with the couple's two children, first for Chicago and then for Mexico. In 2005, he was arrested in Mexico and charged with his wife's murder.

While being held in Nashville's Metro Jail awaiting trial, March orchestrated an unsuccessful plot to kill his missing wife's parents, who had campaigned for his prosecution. The plot failed after the fellow inmate March tried to hire to do the killings instead went to authorities.

March was convicted of the crimes last year."

I wish they would put him in solitary confinement for about a year, with no pencil and no paper and no way to write up yet another legal document to file at the taxpayer's expense.

There is no limit to his ego.....he probably thought it would work out in his favor. He truly is an idiot.:rolleyes:

Indeed. Well done, Levines, and lucky (under the circumstances) kids!

This is great, these poor kids have been thru way too much! I hope they are adjusting and do not have too many emotional issues from all of this and can lead healthy happy lives.

The Levines seem like such great people. They will take good care of these two grandchildren. I wonder if Janet was an only child. If so, this has even more meaning. I hope that Mr. and Mrs. Levine live very long lives. So, they can see Sammy and Zippy (think that's their nicknames :) ) graduate from high school, college and marry!

Good riddance Perry March! :loser:

who else wanted custody? was it Perry's wife in Mexico? :loser: :loser:

what a very sad case this has been- I feel soooooooo sorry for those kids- :mad:

I am not sure anyone was fighting them for custody.
This could have simply been a matter of formalizing the custody.
Probably DCF had to monitor the situation and file a report.

The Levines seem like such great people. They will take good care of these two grandchildren. I wonder if Janet was an only child. If so, this has even more meaning. I hope that Mr. and Mrs. Levine live very long lives. So, they can see Sammy and Zippy (think that's their nicknames :) ) graduate from high school, college and marry!

Good riddance Perry March! :loser:

i 2nd that!!!...this is good news

the Levines have a son also...

UPDATE:Perry March breaks his silence.1st interview since his conviction 2 years ago.Has it really been 2 years??

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9366874

Amazing that he feels horrible about what happened to his dad but has no feelings about the death/disappearance of his his wife.

BTW did anyone read the book that was published about this trial?

whatever. this guy will never get out but his brain is still scrambling. That's what a con does and it never stops. Look at Jeffrey MacDonald. Shut up Perry and go away. No one wants to hear what you have to say.

I'm glad he'll be in prison for years and year, but not too happy that he will probably get out while in his seventies. Lots of old geezers that age are out creating all sorts of havoc and still able to get around just fine. Hopefully he won't do well or stay too healthy in the big house.

Glad to hear they have finally sentenced him. DrewP reminds me of him in the sheer arrogance they both show. He will be ok in prison, he will stay busy filing appeals for himself and others, and they will probably give him a job that doesn't involve physical labor after a while. Since he will do others appeals, they will owe him so he will have protectors. Still they won't like his arrogance, he will have to tone that down. I wonder if he feels any remorse about his father's sentence?

I think that is funny that the judge didn't give AM the minimal sentence. He reminds me a lot of CA, and all the drama, denial and assistance that goes along with it. Now this one will have a tough time in prison. He may have been tough at one time (though I see him as more of a braggart than a tough guy.) But he will bluster and challenge some big real tough guy and they will slap him down like the little p...ant that he is. I hope someone will make sure that Perry hears about it when it happens. Of course he will never blame himself for it, he will probably blame the prosecution and the judge.

Anybody know if Carmen has applied for citizenship in the US so that she can be closer to her man? Anyone want to bet on how long she remains a faithful prison widow?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back