Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
?

(Yes, considering the temperatures, timeline as is indicated presently, etc.etc... Was posting strictly for reference material and clarification, etc., not that I’m sure it would be positively applicable at this time. It’s been a while since I read the article, but specific decomp factors as related to IR detection are discussed in the article.)
Sorry, temporarily forgot name of place, it's Joelton, Valley View Road, apparently.
We had some confusion earlier because original reports stated it was Ash.. but it all seems to be happening in Joelton.

The parents of a missing nine-year-old Cheatham County boy at the center of a statewide AMBER alert are no strangers to tragedy, having lost an adult son about a decade ago in a car crash, according to their family pastor.

Gerald Prior has known the family for years through his ministry at New Life Community Church in Joelton. He said he recently spoke with Jordan Allen Gorman's family about the boy's disappearance.

Jordan’s dad is “completely broken, saying I don’t think I can do this again,” Prior said.

The couple lost their first son, Josiah Adam Lassek, 24, on Dec. 16, 2011, according to an online obituary. They've been adopting and fostering children ever since, according to Tony Langdon, another family friend.

Jordan was adopted, according to Prior. The boy has two full sisters, who were adopted with him, and there are two other boys in the house that are not related to him, he said.

The community is heartbroken, according to Langdon, who’s known the family for a few years.

Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old, sought
This is what I wanted to know; the family dynamics. And now I wish I didn't know. :(

Requesting thread title be amended to Joelton per the following (as well as the Amber Alert):

Jordan was last seen in a heavily wooded area near his Joelton-area home on Sunday, the TBI reported.

MOO

The parents of a missing nine-year-old Cheatham County boy at the center of a statewide AMBER alert are no strangers to tragedy, having lost an adult son about a decade ago in a car crash, according to their family pastor.

Gerald Prior has known the family for years through his ministry at New Life Community Church in Joelton. He said he recently spoke with Jordan Allen Gorman's family about the boy's disappearance.

Jordan’s dad is “completely broken, saying I don’t think I can do this again,” Prior said.

The couple lost their first son, Josiah Adam Lassek, 24, on Dec. 16, 2011, according to an online obituary. They've been adopting and fostering children ever since, according to Tony Langdon, another family friend.

Jordan was adopted, according to Prior. The boy has two full sisters, who were adopted with him, and there are two other boys in the house that are not related to him, he said.

The community is heartbroken, according to Langdon, who’s known the family for a few years.

Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old, sought

BBM:

It would be interesting to know how long JAG has been with his family.

Depending on how old JAG was when he was adopted, it's possible he may have some reactive attachment issues.

This actually makes the runaway scenario more plausible in my mind.

Having said that, regardless of whether he's missing voluntarily or involuntarily, this situation is extremely dire.

The one hope to cling to would be that he ran off and found an abandoned car or building in which to shelter.

I just keep thinking that a SAR team, including dogs, would have surely found at least some signs of him somewhere, wouldn't they?

@Trackergd , if you're around, can you take a look at this one and share your thoughts?

JMO.

Last edited:
Well now I’m just sick about this little boy and my hope for a miracle is waning m
JMO
I know wishing it won't make it happen but I think prayers do reach the person prayed for whether they are alive or dead. We can just surround him in gentle loving warm energy and try to believe he will receive it.
(I'm gutted now too)

I'm very concerned about the terrain (not to mention the temps). It was stated earlier that it was rough, had ravines and drop offs, and "holes". Since this boy was upset when he ran off I am afraid he was not careful with the terrain, nor the direction he was taking. Easy to get lost, and have an accident.
Please find him, safe.

I'm very concerned about the terrain (not to mention the temps). It was stated earlier that it was rough, had ravines and drop offs, and "holes". Since this boy was upset when he ran off I am afraid he was not careful with the terrain, nor the direction he was taking. Easy to get lost, and have an accident.
Please find him, safe.
I’m more concerned about the temperature than anything. It was below freezing last night, and will be only slightly warmer tonight. The way he was dressed, leaves me with very little hope.

I know wishing it won't make it happen but I think prayers do reach the person prayed for whether they are alive or dead. We can just surround him in gentle loving warm energy and try to believe he will receive it.
(I'm gutted now too)
I absolutely believe in the power of prayer but I am preparing for the news as I have in too many of these cases... sigh

JMO

Please find him, safe.
he allegedly got angry and started running.. there is only so far he can run before stopping, exhausted.
We have no way to figure out how far his house was from the forest, hopefully quite a bit.. Maybe by the time he arrived at the forest his emotional state had calmed a little but he still wanted to run away forever.
I don't have the faintest idea of the level of survival skills 9 yr olds have. Actually, my nephew is 9, now that I think of it.

What human dangers would he be likely to encounter in that forest?
Who goes there?
Is it a heavy crime area?
Is the only danger he is facing or faced from terrain and exposure?
He wouldn't have tried hitching a ride?
Unlikely, amber alert was prompt..

BBM:

It would be interesting to know how long JAG has been with his family.

Depending on how old JAG was when he was adopted, it's possible he may have some reactive attachment issues.

This actually makes the runaway scenario more plausible in my mind.

Having said that, regardless of whether he's missing voluntarily or involuntarily, this situation is extremely dire.

The one hope to cling to would be that he ran off and found an abandoned car or building in which to shelter.

I just keep thinking that a SAR team, including dogs, would have surely found at least some signs of him somewhere, wouldn't they?

@Trackergd , if you're around, can you take a look at this one and share your thoughts?

JMO.

Respectfully bolded by me.

Length of time is not necessary relevant in adoption cases. It is more a case of how settled the child was, how the adoptive family was accepted, etc.

It takes decisions, effort, time and money to adopt a child.

In any case it may be totally neither here nor there. I'm not sure this aspect should be given importance right now.

This whole thing reminds me of sweet Serenity. Prays this little boy is found
Me too. :( Ran away, disappeared in a matter of minutes in brutally cold weather with no trace. Search after search after search and no Serenity.
broken-heart.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back