TN TN - Kaitlynn Abree Ledbetter, 25, wooded area w/o shoes, Overton Co, 2 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there was insurance on Kaitlyn, it would not be paid out at this time as there is no proof of her death. She would have to be declared legally dead before that would happen. I am sure there would be a time frame for that to happen and criteria that must be met that makes it an almost certain that she is deceased.

In my mind, I see this as an argument that got out of control, and something bad happened. If Crystal was a witness, that would have put her in a very bad situation.

If there was insurance on Kaitlyn, it would not be paid out at this time as there is no proof of her death. She would have to be declared legally dead before that would happen. I am sure there would be a time frame for that to happen and criteria that must be met that makes it an almost certain that she is deceased.

In my mind, I see this as an argument that got out of control, and something bad happened. If Crystal was a witness, that would have put her in a very bad situation.
Based on the lack of sightings of Kaitlyn or communication with her after all of this time I would agree that it seems logical that she is deceased.

AFAIK, MSM reports indicate the only three people in the Ledbetter home on the morning of Kaitlyn's disappearance were Kaitlyn, her father Scott, and his GF Crystal. With Kaitlyn missing and Crystal deceased, her father would be the only known surviving witness to events taking place at that time. Therefore the account of Kaitlyn's disappearance would be primarily based on his statements to LE. I do not recall Kaitlyn's father making any statements to the media, conducting interviews, etc.

It seems odd that they could say both that there was several decomposition AND that there were no signs of a struggle. IMO
It could be that the person died of natural causes or an overdose, so there would be no signs of a struggle if that were the case. If the person were not missed immediately, severe decomposition might not take long depending on temperatures.

It could be that the person died of natural causes or an overdose, so there would be no signs of a struggle if that were the case. If the person were not missed immediately, severe decomposition might not take long depending on temperatures.
I guess my point was that if there is severe decomposition how could they tell there were no signs of a struggle?

I guess my point was that if there is severe decomposition how could they tell there were no signs of a struggle?
If not for the severe decomposition, LE may have observed scratches, bruises, or blood on the victim, however, signs of struggle are not limited to the body. They also include the crime scene itself, and investigators are going to look for things like blood on doorknobs, overturned furniture, holes in the wall, etc. In this case, they apparently didn't find anything like that. MOO

Does anyone have updates in Kaitlyn's disappearance? I found several newer (2023/24) podcasts regarding her case, but so far no significant new information other than what has already been posted earlier in the thread.

I still find it interesting that the only living witness to these events seems to be Kaitlyn's father. It's noteworthy that his GF at the time, supposedly another witness to Kaitlyn's disappearance, died in a fire a few months later at this same residence. AFAIK, the cause of that fire, or an explanation why the GF was unable to escape the residence during the fire, has not been released.

I'm also wondering why the local Tennessee media outlets have not released more information in this case over the last three years. There are many rumors and accusations on SM, but very few additional MSM reports or details released on this case since 2021.

MOO, but I'm not convinced we have all of the facts surrounding Kaitlyn's disappearance.

I can’t imagine why there isn’t more interest in this story and why it seems as if the LE in the area were not more involved. This seems to be at least 2 if not 3 crimes.
I agree. The more you read the media reports regarding Kaitlyn's disappearance the less sense it makes, IMO.

At face value, based on the information presented in MSM, Kaitlyn supposedly had an argument with her father's GF, which caused her to jump out of her bedroom window, and then run in to the deep woods surrounding his rural Tennessee home, all at 5:30 AM. She has not been seen or heard from since that time.

Note that the window she supposedly used to escape is fairly high above the ground. Also, it was reported that Kaitlyn was wearing sleep clothes and was barefoot at the time she ran into the woods. In addition, Kaitlyn apparently did not take her cell phone with her when exiting her father's home.

Interesting to note that the only reported witnesses in MSM were Kaitlyn's father and his GF, and she (the GF) died in the house fire at this same location a couple of months later.

AFAIK:
- The root cause of the alleged 'argument' between Kaitlyn and his father's GF has not been revealed in MSM.
- It's unclear why LE took about a week to do a search of the woods with tracking dogs.
- I've not seen any MSM reports indicating LE ever entered the home to investigate Kaitlyn's disappearance.
- The cause of the house fire a couple of months later that killed the GF has not been revealed.
- Local Tennessee media have not conducted investigative reports regarding Kaitlyn's disappearance.

So many questions...

In my opinion, part of the issue is this is Overton County. It is a media desert. It is between Nashville and Knoxville, and not particularly close to either.

Unless something major happens there, like on the scale of the March 2020 tornado that originated in Nashville, and ran to Cookeville, killing many.

This would be a great case to get a podcaster or independent investigator involved with!

This would be a great case to get a podcaster or independent investigator involved with!
I agree. If someone in the Tennessee MSM would set up an interview with Kaitlyn's family then we would know more about the people involved and possibly the events leading up to this situation. Case insiders would help on here as well.

I wonder if family members or friends are even willing to speak out. There were three people in the house when Kaitlyn disappeared. Two are now dead. What would you think?

I will also say this- no one in their right mind would go barefoot through those woods unless they were running for their lives!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs
Back