TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Box talks about Swift investigation

"Authorities said nothing indicates Swift was killed in a different location"

Ok, so this makes it all more curious. The home, the place the car was found, the location her body was found.

If she was killed where she was found.... how did she end up there in the first place?

As the investigation into the murder of Karen Swift enters its first week, one of the men who discovered her body is speaking about the find that could solve this case.
John Robinson, the preacher at Bogota Church of Christ, made the discovery along with his friend, Mark Rickman, on Saturday as they were leaving Bledsoe Cemetery (off Harness Road) around noon.

"At least they can quit looking for her and start looking for somebody," said Robinson.

He and Rickman had gone to the cemetery, which Robinson is a trustee of, to look at some tombstones that had overturned. As the men got back into their truck and began driving toward Harness Road, both of them spotted something they believed looked like a body part jutting from kudzu vines, approximately 40-50 feet from the cemetery road to their right. The men got out and began to walk closer, not fully knowing what it was they were looking at.

"We noticed a body part from a distance and the closer I got, you could tell it was a body," said Robinson.
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1794468.html

He added the body was just lying in the kudzu and dismissed the rumor someone tried to bury her.

"There wasn't any shallow grave or none of that business," said Robinson.

(another snip from the link I just posted)

ok just thought of another scenario if she was actually killed at the scene where her body was found...soon to be ex and her get into an argument..not wanting to wake the kids they step outside..he suggest or forces her to take a ride in his car ...maybe at gunpoint...he drives her to the dumpsite and kills her....drives home...thinks of the staging scenario...drives her car to where the car was found...stabs the tire and walks home....

Sheriff Box talks about Swift investigation

"Authorities said nothing indicates Swift was killed in a different location"

Ok, so this makes it all more curious. The home, the place the car was found, the location her body was found.

If she was killed where she was found.... how did she end up there in the first place?

This totally contradicts the other report. Wish they would at least have that straightened out. She was either murdered where she was found or somewhere else and then dumped there. It makes a huge difference in the investigation.:innocent:

Hope I'm wrong but I'm already starting to feel like this is going to be another unsolved case.

Children that don't feel well at a halloween party are usually suffering from too much halloween candy. Furthermore, if a sick child was awake and in need of medicine, it might make sense for Karen to buy some, but since the children were asleep, and Karen normally woke the children up at 6 AM, I suspect that there was no real need for Karen to buy medicine in the middle of the night (between 2 and 5 AM).

With all due respect:

Kids can come down with illnesses at any time, doesn't have to be too much candy. What does the part I bolded have to do with anything? If a child has a fever at 2 a.m., a mother isn't going to worry about getting medicine until her normal wake up time at 6? My kids always slept when they had a fever but they still needed to be given something to bring it down. We don't know that the girl went to sleep and didn't wake up again until 6, she could have roused enough for mom to realize she was out of Tylenol and then went right back to sleep, never knew mom left to run to the store.
I think it would be wise to think outside the box and not assume too much. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the most reasonable. For whatever reason, she was on the side of that road with a flat tire, someone came along and snatched her, took her to the location she was found and murdered her. I think I remember reading early on that LE believed she was headed the other direction, and made a U-turn to park on the other side of the road pointed towards home. Which could explain why she never made it to the store or wherever she was going.
It could have been the husband... or it could have been a stranger.

Where would she go to buy medicine at that time of night? Many locals have stated that there was nothing open at that time of night on a Sunday.
And why didn't she pick up the medicine on the way home with her daughter?

The child might not have been ill enough for medicine. She could have been feeling bored, lonely, needy, or just wanted her mother. I've got three kids and I've had children staying over at our house who wanted to call their Mom every ten minutes or wanted to go home the minute the lights were out. Happens all the time, but is not always a sign of major illness.

Walmart Superstore
2650 Lake Rd
Dyersburg, TN 38024
Phone: (731) 285-3700
Open 24 Hours

She only needs a pharmacy if she has a prescription...i don't know the details of the "illness". Until she got home, she may not have realized the only children's medicine she had was expired, empty or maybe even recalled (?!)

[Note: since I'm not local, I did call to make sure the superstore isn't just 24 hours for xmas shopping. They are opened 24 hours 364 days of the year - only closed on Christmas Day.]

ETA: Either way you go, its 20 minutes from her home
http://binged.it/tK96MK
http://binged.it/tZwFD9

bbm

In reading between the lines here, it sounds like perhaps they do have someone in mind but just want to keep their options open at this point until they get more results back. MOO

Anyone else get that vibe?

:truce:

I did!

In the picture you can clearly see that there's a driveway that runs around the cemetery and it's right beside the crime scene.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1794468/photo/1591288.html

To me, it seems possible someone just drove up there and easily took her body out the passenger side door of a vehicle and swung it into the kudzu where it couldn't be seen. If the kudzu hadn't been there they probably would have tried harder to hide the body by pulling her into the trees or something. This was an act of convenience, it seems to me. :twocents:

In the picture you can clearly see that there's a driveway that runs around the cemetery and it's right beside the crime scene.

To me, it seems possible someone just drove up there and easily took her body out the passenger side door of a vehicle and swung it into the kudzu where it couldn't be seen. If the kudzu hadn't been there they probably would have tried harder to hide the body by pulling her into the trees or something. This was an act of convenience, it seems to me. :twocents:

From the story:

As the men got back into their truck and began driving toward Harness Road, both of them spotted something they believed looked like a body part jutting from kudzu vines, approximately 40-50 feet from the cemetery road to their right.

:waitasec:

I do agree it was probably an act of convenience...

I agree. The question is why there? Does that road lead to anywhere? A highway? Not knowing the area I have no idea.

If the husband did it, why would he have chosen this area?

Any thoughts?

I believe Karen's friend who is a member here made a post last night that indicated that there is a specific POI...she obviously could not say who, since no one has been named officially, but it does not appear that LE is treating this as a random crime, IMO.

I don't know why but this statement brought me to tears. If she wasn't killed in the home, not in her car, not where they found her... then what happened to her? :cry:

I still believe it's someone close to home in this case. If not *in* her home, someone close by - b/c why return her vehicle? Her husband is at the (very) top of my list, still, but there is the chance that someone else did this. I don't believe she ran off in the night to meet someone. And if she went to get medicine, I think she'd tell her husband she was leaving and would be right back.

If the husband didn't do it, then I wonder if she stepped outside to get something from her car, and either it was a crime of opportunity or someone had been watching her.

Tara, you're making me inch closer to the fence... even if just a few inches. :innocent:

Below is the statement that is causing some confusion. It doesn't say that she wasn't murdered in her home, but rather that there are no indications that she was killed in a different location. The later statement (later the same day), is that police believe she was killed elsewhere and moved to the location where she was found. No indications that she was killed in a different location means that there is no known crime scene at this time, but that police still believe that she was killed elsewhere ... IMO.

"Swift's body was in an area covered in vines and that there were no indications that she was killed in a different location, according to the sheriff."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-tennessee-mom-karen-swifts-body-found/story?id=15144724

I agree. The question is why there? Does that road lead to anywhere? A highway? Not knowing the area I have no idea.

If the husband did it, why would he have chosen this area?

Any thoughts?

Because there was no one there, it was convenient and close, the kudzu provided quick cover, and somebody needed to get right back home. JMO

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-dyer-sheriff-swift,0,5848889.story

Less than three weeks before Karen Swift disappeared, she filed for divorce from her husband.

He was the last person to report seeing her alive.

But if you believe David Swift has been a thorn in investigators' sides, the sheriff says you're wrong.

How do y'all take that thorn in the side comment? I am taking it that it means he has asked no questions, is not asking for answers, is not demanding justice - nothing, nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99