TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some searching to see how long coroner reports typically take - from what I found, don't expect anything too soon - takes many weeks....
Let LE do a through job here, don't want tunnel vision.

Getting impatient so I did some searching too. Link is for the medical examiner for Nashville and Memphis. The Memphis examiner's office is where KS was sent.

http://www.forensicmed.com/faq.html

How long does it take to receive an autopsy report?
Most autopsy reports are completed and ready for release within 6 - 8 weeks. In certain cases, additional tests may need to be performed which will delay completion of the report for several additional weeks.

:sigh::HHJP::read:

Is there any new updates on this case? I really wish they would arrest somebody soon...

Karen deserves justice along with her family!!!

Sheriff Box said yesterday that his office contated the Med. Examiner on Wednesday and that the ME is continuing to conduct exams on Karen's body in a very thorough fashion; they are putting together facts based upon the findings from her body. It is going to take more time than initially thought but Sheriff Box believes that once he receives the results, the case will rapidly advance. He asked for prayers for Karen's loved ones.

Sheriff Box said yesterday that his office contated the Med. Examiner on Wednesday and that the ME is continuing to conduct exams on Karen's body in a very thorough fashion; they are putting together facts based upon the findings from her body. It is going to take more time than initially thought but Sheriff Box believes that once he receives the results, the case will rapidly advance. He asked for prayers for Karen's loved ones.

Is there a link for that story?

Good grief, what a long time for autopsy results...are they doing tox? I can't think of why it should take so long, unless they want DNA results back before they say anything more.

I am still here for Karen. My take and my take only on the sheriff's comments are that they may have suspect already. I wonder if "someone" has told the sheriff that there was an accident, and he removed her body from the home. I wonder if the ME is trying to determine if this was truly an accident, or if they can prove foul play. If - just for ease - we say that her husband admitted (only once they found her body) that she died in the home. IF he said that she fell down the stairs and he panicked. Possibly, they are trying to prove whether the injuries to her body are consistent with a fall and not with a beating. Then, they may charge him with moving the body, but not with murder. Just speculating out loud. Many, many times ME will rule on the cause of death WAY faster.

Hoping for truth and justice for Karen.

I will say once again that I am not impressed with the TBI. First, with the debacle in the disappearance of Holly Bobo, then Gail, and now Karen. I think that the local LE will solve this case; and I doubt that the TBI will get any kudos. I see that the local LE also "finalized" Gail's case. With a state agency, I would hope that they would have the pull and the resources to help resolve a murder case. All of this is only IMHO!! ;)

I am still here for Karen. My take and my take only on the sheriff's comments are that they may have suspect already. I wonder if "someone" has told the sheriff that there was an accident, and he removed her body from the home. I wonder if the ME is trying to determine if this was truly an accident, or if they can prove foul play. If - just for ease - we say that her husband admitted (only once they found her body) that she died in the home. IF he said that she fell down the stairs and he panicked. Possibly, they are trying to prove whether the injuries to her body are consistent with a fall and not with a beating. Then, they may charge him with moving the body, but not with murder. Just speculating out loud. Many, many times ME will rule on the cause of death WAY faster.

Hoping for truth and justice for Karen.

I will say once again that I am not impressed with the TBI. First, with the debacle in the disappearance of Holly Bobo, then Gail, and now Karen. I think that the local LE will solve this case; and I doubt that the TBI will get any kudos. I see that the local LE also "finalized" Gail's case. With a state agency, I would hope that they would have the pull and the resources to help resolve a murder case. All of this is only IMHO!! ;)

and may I please add: Marsha Brantley

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101106&highlight=Marsha+Brantley

I can't remember following Marsha's case; but I have followed Shelley's case has well. At least Gail and Karen have been found and will receive a burial. However, I do not give the TBI credit for finding them. In neither case did I see the TBI instrumental at all in actually finding them. IMHO of course!

I hope that link worked for you guys...I never know if FB links will work or not.....oops I wonder if I should have posted from a FB link? Well it is from a sheriff not like some unknown dude,lol.:seeya:

I'm unable to get that link to work - would you mind summarizing it for me please? Thanks Nana!

What happened to you Karen? Who hurt you Karen? Does LE have evidence to solve this crime Karen? I am still praying that justice will be served.

Good grief, what a long time for autopsy results...are they doing tox? I can't think of why it should take so long, unless they want DNA results back before they say anything more.

Another possibility is they are not divulging the autopsy results until after an arrest is made. They may not want too many details out there as yet.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member