TN - Karen Swift, 44, murdered, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 *husband charged in 2022* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Had this been a random killer, LE would have been loud and vocal. But they know who did it, and they don't think he will be picking up strangers to murder, or killing his neighbors. He had better stay single because he doesn't handle marriage too well. Just my opinion, of course!
The sign thing is terrible. I think they are hoping people don't get riled back up. Well that should make the locals go full blast! The Gazette paper has been slack as well.

I was typing from my phone. Sorry about the grammar. The signs have brought up some outrage from our family and Karen's mom. Gerald Jenna Scott is my moms fb. Look her up. Friend her. Share the pics. I just do not understand why signs were taken down with no explanation. Justice for holly is all over our town. That's why my mom wanted to make the signs. Justice for Karen. Soon, I hope.

I am extremely surprised at this latest turn of events. WTH?!! Only someone who feels guilty for not closing a case would think that signs that ask for justice for Karen is only politically motivated.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/2087165.html

"With no coordination with the DA or the sheriff's office the signs were put up as a direct political attack," said Box. "It looked like a direct political attack by putting (the sign) against my election sign and we won't let a murder case be used for political gain. That's what it looked like."

ETA: Not everything is about you Box! Some of us honestly care about Karen!

My understanding from the article is that some of the signs were placed on private property without the owners permissions......believe it or not, the county is very particular about where signs are placed....all signs.

I will be so glad when this case goes to trial. Please let it be soon.

I wish Karen's mom would have said "yes, I knew, and if I was there, I'd be putting up some myself". If this article in the Gazette was true. WHY would Box call Karen's mom? To accuse? He would call me one time with that nonsense, before being told to ring my phone only when he had arrested my daughter's killer.

Listen, I know you have to have permission, but instead if just jerking the signs, check to see if permission can be made. Also, if Verizon gave permission, they are the tenants and have the right to give permission even if they are not the "owners" of the land. I don't know how much if the article is true, bit Box looks like an A$$ IMHO. :moo:

How many times have we found in WS that signs help bring attention to a case that is stalemate?! This is what is sometimes needed to bring people around after several years of keeping a secret. Karen deserves justice!!

P.S. Here4myfriend, I am so very sorry for your loss and mostly for the lack of answers and justice. Karen's face is so familiar to me after following her case from day 1, I feel as if she is my friend too; and my heart breaks every day that an arrest is not made. She deserved to live and watch her sons and daughters walk down the aisle. She deserved happiness and everything that life had to offer her!!

I always wondered what "evidence" was found that first few days. I don't think we ever knew what injuries Karen had since everything was sealed. But I wondered if Karen was strangled and that was the reason no crime scene was found. No blood. The initial news stories mentioned injuries, but not what kind or where.
I guess the DA knows best?!

I always wondered what "evidence" was found that first few days. I don't think we ever knew what injuries Karen had since everything was sealed. But I wondered if Karen was strangled and that was the reason no crime scene was found. No blood. The initial news stories mentioned injuries, but not what kind or where.
I guess the DA knows best?!

From my memory (old age ya know,lol) they have never stated what her injuries were.....and I have thought the same as you maybe strangled...I know Jeff Box personally and I have often wondered how they have kept this so quiet. To my knowledge, no accurate info has been released...you would think somebody would have leaked something...of course there is Topix but we all know how that works,lol.

By them keeping everything quiet says to me it will be easier in the long run when they arrest/find somebody for this horrific crime.

I wonder if the guilty person reads this article with pleasure or with fear. I can't imagine looking over my shoulder every day for years. But it seems to be done here.

Interesting the Private Investigator is working for a "relative." The way I interpret that is Mr. Bill Warner is likely on the payroll of one Steven Farese. JMO. I think Mr. Warner is a crackpot spin doctor. He's also the one early on trying to say all of these young blond women were killed by a possible serial killer....Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, Karen Swift. The most recent is trying to tie Holly Bobo's killer to Karen. How dumb do they think people are?

Interesting the Private Investigator is working for a "relative." The way I interpret that is Mr. Bill Warner is likely on the payroll of one Steven Farese. JMO. I think Mr. Warner is a crackpot spin doctor. He's also the one early on trying to say all of these young blond women were killed by a possible serial killer....Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, Karen Swift. The most recent is trying to tie Holly Bobo's killer to Karen. How dumb do they think people are?
I think he's an attention hound. He may be drumming up business, and he can also deflect attention off the real killer if paid to do so. I read nothing he writes!

Well... since I see Halloween candy in the stores now, it reminds me of bad things. My 16 year old brother died in a car accident on Halloween night, many years ago. I have not liked Halloween since. Now I think of Karen AND my brother when it gets close. Karen's death on the 30th was an opportunity due to many things ( Halloween parties and late comings and goings)etc., going on IMO.

Well... since I see Halloween candy in the stores now, it reminds me of bad things. My 16 year old brother died in a car accident on Halloween night, many years ago. I have not liked Halloween since. Now I think of Karen AND my brother when it gets close. Karen's death on the 30th was an opportunity due to many things ( Halloween parties and late comings and goings)etc., going on IMO.

Very sorry about the loss of your brother. So young at 16. Gives me pause to think about how lucky I am - I took far too many chances at that age in fast cars.

Agree about the timing of Karen's murder on the 30th.

Very sorry about the loss of your brother. So young at 16. Gives me pause to think about how lucky I am - I took far too many chances at that age in fast cars.

Agree about the timing of Karen's murder on the 30th.
I did some things too, and it's all so scary now. Back then, I thought it happened to others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back