Found Safe TN - Kaydon Leach, 6, Blount County, 23 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Awe, I love this dog already! How wonderful that he protected little Kayden. Never ever underestimate small dogs- I have had Scottish, Cairn, and Yorkshire Terriers in the past, and they are the most loyal and protective dogs Their little size does not stop them from protecting their owners, and they will die for them.

I hope that little doggy gets a BIG piece of steak for his loyalty and bravery. I'm sure the rescuers giggled a little bit afterwards, thinking the little ankle biter thought he was a match for them. :lol:

As agilbe mentioned upthread- too few happy endings like this one with the children. Overjoyed and relieved Kayden is fine, and that precious terrier has melted my heart completely. :heartbeat:
So cute, right? Mine is a little West Highland-Jack-Russell terrier mix (well, he thinks he‘s a Mastiff). I love these courageous little fellas.

I‘m sure the rescuers had a good laugh! [emoji23]

I hope the boy left the hospital after his checkup and is reunited with his dog now.

So glad to see a happy ending here! That dog is just too cute!! I wonder what happened? Did the two of them decide to go on a little adventure and got lost?

We have several dogs (all mixed breed, rescues, former stray dogs). The smallest of them is the fiercest and loudest! She believes anyone approaching our gate should be attacked straight away lol! In contrast our largest is the biggest softie and will accept cuddles from anyone. :D

So so happy! I can't wait to hear his adventures. We have a 14 year old Chihuahua that will still take on anything. Hey in the woods just a bark or good growl could have kept animal predators away.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So cute, right? Mine is a little West Highland-Jack-Russell terrier mix (well, he thinks he‘s a Mastiff). I love these courageous little fellas.

I‘m sure the rescuers had a good laugh! [emoji23]

I hope the boy left the hospital after his checkup and is reunited with his dog now.

I had a tea cup female Yorkie with a baby doll face. She was a country girl dog at heart- forget dressing her up or putting a top knot on top of her head- she thought she was a BIG dog and wanted to get down and dirty like her bigger doggie brother and sisters (English Springer Spanial and two Black Labs). She was the boss- no question about it! People used to laugh when they heard her bark- this little itty bitty dog was louder than my three big dogs put together! She was so stinking cute. But boy oh boy, did she need a lot of baths, that one! Dainty little Yorkie, she was not! :lol:

So glad to see a happy ending here! That dog is just too cute!! I wonder what happened? Did the two of them decide to go on a little adventure and got lost?

We have several dogs (all mixed breed, rescues, former stray dogs). The smallest of them is the fiercest and loudest! She believes anyone approaching our gate should be attacked straight away lol! In contrast our largest is the biggest softie and will accept cuddles from anyone. :D

Oh yes, the littlest dogs have the biggest mouths (barks) on them, don't they? I tell you, that dog could hear the grass grow, I swear! She was sweet and friendly to just about everybody, unless she thought they were a threat. Then she would charge up to the person and bark at them like no one's business!
So so happy! I can't wait to hear his adventures. We have a 14 year old Chihuahua that will still take on anything. Hey in the woods just a bark or good growl could have kept animal predators away.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No doubt, this little guy certainly did protect him and keep any animals from coming near him. I am so grateful Kayden had his dog with him. That must have been a huge comfort to him, to not be alone. That poor kid must have been scared to death when it was dark out. At least he had the dog there to comfort him.

FIREMAN WHO SPOTTED MISSING CHILD: RESCUE 'MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE'

The search for 6-year-old Kaydon Leach had been ongoing for 15 hours and covered 2,000 acres on Chilhowee Mountain before Blount County fireman Aaron Woods and a team of fellow fireman and sheriff's officers joined the search as reinforcements.

The 12-person team methodically searched for several hours with no sign of Kaydon or the pet dog he was last seen with, until Woods heard a soft voice.

"It was kind of a double take. I heard 'hey.' I kinda looked to my right and I went 'Wait a minute. There's a child in the woods,'" Woods said.

Kaydon was about 10 feet away with his dog with him. That moment transformed the day into the highlight of Woods' 23-year career as a fireman.

"I keep saying he popped up. To me he did, because I had just looked over there," Woods said. "When I got to him, the dog was kinda giving me a little growl like 'who are you?'"

Kaydon was cold. He had been alone for more than 22 hours when the search team found him around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Woods said the rescue team piled two or three adult jackets on the 6-year-old's 4-foot frame before giving him a piggyback ride up the mountain to the road.

"I was grinning from ear to ear. Even afterwards, after we got down to our debriefing and all the way home," Woods said. "I've seen a lot of bad stuff in my life, in my career, and this is the good stuff. This is the good stuff."

[...]

(Video at link)
https://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article...d-rescue-makes-it-all-worthwhile/67-545599182

I didn't get the vibe that something awful happened to him when I read this earlier, nor did I feel the parents or anyone close had harmed him or taken him.

I am SO SO happy to read that Kayden and his adorable doggy are safe and sound. So relieved that this has a happy ending. <3

I didn't get negative vibes either. Sometimes the melodrama can itself be a scary thing, at least to me.

BOY LOST FOR 22 HOURS IS OUT OF HOSPITAL

The little boy who was lost for almost an entire day in the woods near his home is recovering with his family.

[...]

According to the incident report from the Blount County Sheriff's Office, the boy had been to East Tennessee Children's Hospital on Monday to be treated for an upper respiratory infection.

Alexis Herrod, who was watching Kaydon, told investigators that she and Kaydon were in the backyard of the home when they returned from the hospital, and Kaydon wanted a temporary tattoo.

She said she went inside to get a wet washrag, and when she came back outside, Kaydon and three dogs were missing.

Herrod told investigators that she walked all of the connecting roads, but couldn't find him. She called 911 about an hour after he went missing.

Two of the dogs returned to the house, but the third, a small black and white rat terrier, did not.

[...]

Kaydon was cold, but didn't appear to have any visible injuries. He had been alone for more than 22 hours when the search team found him.

The rescue team piled two or three adult jackets on the 6-year-old's 4-foot frame before giving him a piggyback ride up the mountain to the road.

He was taken to Blount Memorial Hospital to be checked out, and was released later that evening.

Kaydon's family has requested privacy, but released a statement thanking everyone for their efforts to find the little boy.

We still don't know why Kaydon wandered away from home.

https://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/news/local/boy-lost-for-22-hours-is-out-of-hospital/51-545738279

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87
Back