Presumed Located TN - Kevin Hamby, 38, Morgan County, 14 Nov 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So what does everyone think about the key being in the ignition but turned to the “off” position? Did Kevin crash, and then have the presence of mind to turn off the still running ATV?

What about the distance between the location of the ATV and where the clothing, gun and skull were found? Any ideas on what close distances are to the ATV and each other?

Last edited:
So what does everyone think about the key being in the ignition but turned to the “off” position? Did Kevin crash, and then have the presence of mind to turn off the still running ATV?

What about the distance between the location of the ATV and where the clothing, gun and skull were found? Any ideas on what close distances are to the ATV and each other?

I watched some of the live press conference. The search dogs alerted on the clothing first. It's decaying, but still identifiable. The knife, revolver and skull were near the clothing. Everything that was found was a considerable distance downhill from the RV and the logging road. I don't know how far.

The thinking seems to be that Kevin survived the crash and went looking for help in the dark. He went downhill because his mobility problems wouldn't allow him to climb up the steep hillside.

There's a creek near the remains. Kevin may have tumbled into the creek in the darkness and succumbed to the elements.

There's a large scale search planned soon and I'll bet they find more remains. This looks like an unfortunate accident.

It was reported that someone told the dad where these things were though how would they know where his remains were ?

It was reported that someone told the dad where these things were though how would they know where his remains were ?

The Morgan County Sheriff stated that an individual told Kevin’s dad he had seen lights that looked like the lights of an ATV in that area the night that Kevin went missing. It was an area that was outside the search area. The sheriff then went and talked to the individual and confirmed what Kevin’s father told the sheriff. They arranged for a THP helicopter to do a fly over and found the RZR.

The Morgan County Sheriff stated that an individual told Kevin’s dad he had seen lights that looked like the lights of an ATV in that area the night that Kevin went missing. It was an area that was outside the search area. The sheriff then went and talked to the individual and confirmed what Kevin’s father told the sheriff. They arranged for a THP helicopter to do a fly over and found the RZR.
Three years later ?!

He is not listed on NamUs, although I believe he was listed in the past.

Kevin Hamby was found in March 2021.
I will report this post, maybe the thread needs to be moved.
Was he ever positively identified though because I can find nothing other than the fact clothing and remains were found?

I do believe it was Kevin, but was looking for confirmation from LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back