Found Safe TN - Lakeviyonna Gibson, 3, mom got incarcerated, gave child to uncle, Memphis, 6 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
312009866_477111397781588_1540097498016774518_n.jpg

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Police Department (MPD) have reported that they are looking for a 3-year-old whose mother has been incarcerated and whose uncle has not returned the child to DCS.

Lakeviyonna Gibson has black hair and brown eyes and weighs between 40 to 50 pounds, according to MPD.

She has been missing since Oct. 6 from the 3000 block of Spring Valley Cove.

Gibson's mother, Latrese Cleaves was incarcerated on Oct. 6 and gave the child to godfather Marcus Randolph, according to MPD, but DCS was given custody by Juvenile Court on Friday.

MPD reported that DCS has contacted Randolph, but he has not returned Gibson.

IF DCS exists for no other reason,
Particularly in a state like Tennessee, where there aren’t a lot of controls and protections before a case descends into crisis,
If DCS exists for no other reason.
Does it exist for this?

Where are they tonight?
Here’s Margie Quin, their commissioner: Governor appoints Margie Quin as DCS commissioner (MSM Source)

When a mother goes to jail, is DCS looking for the children?
Are there any controls or protections?

oh my i wonder if mom trusted uncle because hes her brother?
Great question. That said, either way, Mom’s judgement wasn’t the greatest, clearly.

Where was DCS? I mean, if I were a Tennessee taxpayer, I’d be lit on where the hell is my money going? Protecting kids, is there anything more important? She was a single mother heading into incarceration. Judge definitely gave orders. What happened next?

I'm so confused, is LC Lakeviyonna's mother or grandmother? The LC in the article called the child who was injured (who would be around Lakeviyonna's age) her 'grandbaby'. The Cleaves v. State report mentions LC had 9 minor children with no mention of grandkids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back