GUILTY TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm always amazed at the disgustingly cruel things human beings are capable of. But then when it's a mother, killing her own children, my brain can't accept it. I just do not understand...

And I think ancestors from the 16th century were barbaric.I give up on humanity.I really do.

A few more details along with pictures.....:( those poor little babies that so many would have love to have adopted.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15465748/mother-taken-into-custody-for-2-infants-deaths

OMG the parents discovered the babies- still in the laundry basket- TWO DAYS LATER??? Didn't this 25 yr old college graduate know bodies decompose- how long was she planning on leaving them in the basket? Wonder if it was odor that drew the parents to the basket in the first place? Ugh. This story is both incredible (as in incredulous) and heartbreaking. Like everyone is saying, so many women would have loved to adopt those two baby boys.

And I too wonder HTH she hid a pregnancy with TWINS both weighing around 5 lbs. Her parents must not be too observant. And shame on her for no prenatal care. This is wrong on so many different levels.

There's something wrong with this picture. Endure labor by yourself, then murder two babies, This is not something a sane person would do. Whatever they decide to do with her I hope they keep her locked up someplace for a long time.

This isn't the first time this scenerio has played out:

"Elizabeth next appeared in the court records in May of 1691, five years after the birth of Dorothy, when she was arrested and charged with the murder of two *advertiser censored* infants. On May 7, 1691 Elizabeth gave birth to twins sometime during the night in a trundle bed at the foot of her parents bed. She managed to somehow hide the birth from her parents, conceal the infants for three days in a trunk, sew them up in a bag and bury them in the backyard of the Emerson house.24"

http://wprokasy.myweb.uga.edu/Emerson2.htm

Just terrible. :( There are so many people who would have loved to have had those babies. So, so sad. Good for her dad.

I was just thinking that. A lot of people would be so happy to adopt these children. And if she didn't want anyone to know that she had these children, she could have dropped them by the fire house or a hospital. :banghead:

She has admitted hiding the pregnacies and the murders of the two newborn babies. That's a fact. Absolutely nothing can justify her actions. If she is mentally competent to be working and to be engaged to be married, then she IMO deliberately snuffed out these little babies lives. I'm sick to death of hearing every excuse imaginable for people killing their own babies. It is time for it to stop. She does not need to ever be in an environment to create another baby, period. She committed cold blooded murder and needs to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. There is no story to hear that could possibly change the facts.

She has admitted hiding the pregnacies and the murders of the two newborn babies. That's a fact. Absolutely nothing can justify her actions. If she is mentally competent to be working and to be engaged to be married, then she IMO deliberately snuffed out these little babies lives. I'm sick to death of hearing every excuse imaginable for people killing their own babies. It is time for it to stop. She does not need to ever be in an environment to create another baby, period. She committed cold blooded murder and needs to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. There is no story to hear that could possibly change the facts.

She is engaged to be married? He had to know she was pregnant. I wonder what he thinks about this or if he was against the pregnancy. Maybe, he was breaking up with her and she was angry.

Being engaged, you wouldn't think she felt like she had to hide this from her parents. This doesn't make sense at all. jmo

The article stating "she is engaged to her college boyfriend" makes me wonder if he is still in college, possibly out of state. It could mean they met in college and again he could live in another state.

Where are to locals when I need one...........lol

I was wondering about whether she had a boyfriend, etc. But wouldn't someone she had been engaged to since college (and would at least be very familiar with the sight of her body, movements, gait of walk, etc., if not her body, entirely).

How could HE have not known?

My friend did not say anything about her boyfriend/fiance, so I am not sure if he lives here or not. I have not really heard any other gossip around town either.

It was reported on Dr. Drew tonight (FWIW) that she did have a fiance. Nothing more said really. Just asking the same questions we are here. Mentioned the religious thing, and if the pregnancy would have been unacceptable to the parents, etc. :(

I was wondering about whether she had a boyfriend, etc. But wouldn't someone she had been engaged to since college (and would at least be very familiar with the sight of her body, movements, gait of walk, etc., if not her body, entirely).

How could HE have not known?

She went to college in Kentucky. He might not live in the same state. Long distance romance? He might still be in college depending on what he is studying. I doubt that he lived close or he would have known. imo

I understand they are investigating as far as who is the father.

It was reported on Dr. Drew tonight (FWIW) that she did have a fiance. Nothing more said really. Just asking the same questions we are here. Mentioned the religious thing, and if the pregnancy would have been unacceptable to the parents, etc. :(

I believe her parents would have accepted and loved them. I don't buy the religious aspect.

A boyfriend, maybe not the father.....that I'd buy.

She needs to go away. To take lives of innocent babies. It makes me so sad, I can not even imagine it. What was she thinking. I let sticking spiders live in my home because I do not want to be the one who kills them. And to work in a an office. :( I would of taken those boys home, and I bet some mom to be out there would of in a heart beat.

Even if her parents did not support her. She had a good job and is quite old enough to know what to do. Selfish. I wonder if she will go to prison or a mental hospital.

Forgive me if anyone has posted a copy of the affidavit - I looked through the thread but didn't see a link to it.

ETA: Ah, so she said (per affidavit) that she knew she was pregnant almost the entire time.

Attachments

• affidavit2.jpg
    affidavit2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 88
Forgive me if anyone has posted a copy of the affidavit - I looked through the thread but didn't see a link to it.

ETA: Ah, so she said (per affidavit) that she knew she was pregnant almost the entire time.

Thanks, I couldn't read most of it. I couldn't enlarge it.

I was able to read one part that stated Baby Boy Love #2. I guess the other is Baby Boy Love #1?

Is there a place we can view this online?

Thanks, I couldn't read most of it. I couldn't enlarge it.

I was able to read one part that stated Baby Boy Love #2. I guess the other is Baby Boy Love #1?

Is there a place we can view this online?

I'm looking for the link as we speak (I knew I should have copied it!).
ETA: That's interesting. I can't find it. I opened the image info (because I downloaded it) and the address was http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3056/ and it is no longer there. It was with a news article - still looking. Sorry!

Here's an article saying she's on suicide watch and had been depressed/withdrawn from family recently.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110917/WIRE/110919715/1402/NEWS?p=1&tc=pg

I just don't buy this whole scared to tell mom and dad thing. I mean this was no sheltered teen. This is a 25 year old woman who held a good job, was apparently educated. Yes she still resided with mom and dad but I must assume that was by choice, as with a full time job any 25 year old single woman can afford rent for a small place of her own. It may not be the taj mahal, but lets be real.

The fact that this young woman knew pretty much her entire pregnancy, leads me to believe she knew full well that at some point the pregnancy issue would need to be address. The fact that she waited til she was full term, delivered the babies and then snuffed out their lives tells me everything I need to know. They were inconvenient. She callously killed these infants one after the other and then hid them to deal with later. I hope she goes away for it, and not to a mental health facility.

If a man did this what would happen to him? Should it be different when a woman does it? If a man kills he wife or vice versa what happens. Why do we have more or less sympathy for a woman who kills her newborn baby or in this case babies? Babies and children are innocent, defenseless just as the elderly are. Why do we make excuses for what is done to them.

This is just a question. We all see it over and over. Excuses for these crimes of murder.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back