GUILTY TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dozens of people showed up in court to show their support of Lowe. Ten character witnesses, including her father, described her as warm, kind, loving, and respectful of her parents.

Her father Mark Lowe called her "a model daughter" and "as good as it gets."

snip

Prosecutors argued Lowe was a 25-year-old woman – not a teenager – and that she knowingly suffocated and killed her twin infant boys.

http://www.wtvf.com/story/15495802/bond-set-for-mother-of-deceased-twins

Dozens of people showed up to support Lindsey.

How many showed up to support the precious murdered newborn babies? Just one? The prosecutor?

This just makes me cry. So many people would have taken those precious babies and loved them and cared for them. They could have had a life, a good life.

Unless they can prove that this young woman was insane and not resposnible...she should face the death penalty. These precious babies deserved life. :banghead: i do not care one whit about her character witnesses...she showed her character when she murdered her newborn infants.

I think the atty did say they would be seeking mental health care for her. I feel pretty confident they will hospitalize her if for no other reason than it's a safer environment than being in the public right now.

As for PPD/PPP, I am fairly sure that shows up in the days and weeks after birth, not at the moment thereof. I think whatever mental break or issue lead to this occurred long before the birth.

Yes, nobody said she'd be getting hospitalized. Nobody mentioned any PPD or PPP or any kind of psychosis or psychotic break or mental illness.

That was my understanding too about PPD/PPP, that it doesn't show up until some time after giving birth, after certain hormones come into the body. I need to look that up.

Nevertheless, that's part of why I don't think there's any PPD/PPP or anything else that caused her to murder her babies. She murdered them as soon as they were born.

I'm horrified by this case. Absolutely horrified.

And I'll add that I have the greatest empathy for, and fully understand, mental illness, and how it can, particularly PPD/PPP, cause someone to do a horrible act they would not otherwise have done.

I just don't see it in this case. I could be wrong. I will be watching for the psych reports.

Rest in peace, sweet little babies.

I wasn't teeny when I was pregnant with my twins, and I lost some weight in the beginning from hypermesis, So i only gained 12 lbs total and I only had 3 lb babies, and I still as my grandma liked to say "Looked like the broad side of a barn". How did her fiancee, co workers and parents NOT notice..

Thank you BeanE for keeping us up to speed.

Not much else I can bear to say on this one.

It was premeditated murder the moment she decided she was going to kill her children.

Seriously, What was she thinking her parents were going to do?

Yell at her and ground her, send her to her room?

She might have had her parents yell at her but they would have eventually calmed down.

I'm thinking that maybe she has some sort of mental disorder OR she just plain didn't want to be responsible for two human beings the rest of her life.

So many options and she does the worst thing a human could do. :sick:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15495360/bond-set-for-woman-accused-of-killing-newborn-twins

article has a photo and video of her from the morning hearing. She is not so overly weight that she could hide twins each weighing approx. 5 to 6 lbs. As most have said, there is so much more to this story than we know at this point.

I'm always so shocked and confused when I read that seven rows of supporters filled the seats at the hearing. How on earth can you support someone who deliberately murdered two helpless newborns??? I just do not understand this. People talking about what a wonderful person she is...........Really? Do these supporters not realize that they really did not know the woman at all? She has no problem at all telling how she ended their lives. She is only upset that she is being held accountable in court at least for her actions.

Makes me wonder if any of these numerous supporters would let her babysit their children!!

I'm always so shocked and confused when I read that seven rows of supporters filled the seats at the hearing. How on earth can you support someone who deliberately murdered two helpless newborns??? I just do not understand this. People talking about what a wonderful person she is...........Really? Do these supporters not realize that they really did not know the woman at all? She has no problem at all telling how she ended their lives. She is only upset that she is being held accountable in court at least for her actions.

Makes me wonder if any of these numerous supporters would let her babysit their children!!

I agree 100%!! I am going to watch for the next hearing and do my very best to go and sit on the side for those precious babies!

A few more details along with pictures.....:( those poor little babies that so many would have love to have adopted.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15465748/mother-taken-into-custody-for-2-infants-deaths

According to the article you linked at least one of the neighbors noticed that she was pregnant but did not go up to her and ask how far along she was. She attended a Christian School, attended college, parents appear to be financially well off so, the bible was her favorite book so why in heck did she do this?:banghead:

Thanks, I couldn't read most of it. I couldn't enlarge it.

I was able to read one part that stated Baby Boy Love #2. I guess the other is Baby Boy Love #1?

Is there a place we can view this online?

If you right click on the thumbnail and go up to "open link" and click you can open the thumbnail to a larger version. It is still small but you can then incream the zoom and read it very easily.

She could have gotten a P.O. Box so all of her pregnancy mail would only go to her and nobody would know.

She had SO many options (Not counting Abortion because I don't believe in it).

She could have chosen Adoption
Dropped them off at a daycare perhaps..... fire station, Hospital, police station, Somebody would have taken those babies in.....

I will be keeping up with this story...... How horrible for the jury to see those photos.... :sick:

She could have gotten a P.O. Box so all of her pregnancy mail would only go to her and nobody would know.

She had SO many options (Not counting Abortion because I don't believe in it).

She could have chosen Adoption
Dropped them off at a daycare perhaps..... fire station, Hospital, police station, Somebody would have taken those babies in.....

I will be keeping up with this story...... How horrible for the jury to see those photos.... :sick:

Me too, iluvmua....

I believe in redemption...but there is absolutely NO WAY ON EARTH (sorry but I am shouting out loud here!) that I would sit there in support of a young woman who willfully murdered her babies. That is just beyond the pale. ARGH.

I hope they find out who the father is. I think that is a factor in this. Pure hate for him and pure hate for his babies.

jmo

Yes, nobody said she'd be getting hospitalized. Nobody mentioned any PPD or PPP or any kind of psychosis or psychotic break or mental illness.

That was my understanding too about PPD/PPP, that it doesn't show up until some time after giving birth, after certain hormones come into the body. I need to look that up.

Nevertheless, that's part of why I don't think there's any PPD/PPP or anything else that caused her to murder her babies. She murdered them as soon as they were born.

I'm horrified by this case. Absolutely horrified.

And I'll add that I have the greatest empathy for, and fully understand, mental illness, and how it can, particularly PPD/PPP, cause someone to do a horrible act they would not otherwise have done.

I just don't see it in this case. I could be wrong. I will be watching for the psych reports.

Rest in peace, sweet little babies.

Honestly, hearing now that the boys were not the fiancee's, coupled with the fact that she willingly acknowledged she knew about the pregnancy from the get-go, I think she's going to have a much harder time with an insanity defense. To me, that points straight toward premeditation. I will say, I know our DA, and he's a bulldog. I had the experience of seeing him work a case with similarities (confession in the affidavit and the same bond, crime against a child). The same worries came forth in that case (he's going to get off, he shouldn't be bonded out) and in the end/at the last hour the guy pled guilty and got the max, because the DA had an airtight case. I still think it's a real possibility she's getting the max sentence, regardless of the bond hearing today.

I found where I read about getting her psychiatric care.

In court, Lowe told the judge she had never had any mental health issues or taken any medications prior to arriving at the jail. Pellegrin said the first thing they hope to do if Lowe is released on bond is to get her psychiatric help.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...orn-twins-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Now, I am not saying I know they will hospitalize her, but I would hedge a bet that is what will happen. She's definitely got an entire town of people watching her every move, whatever it is.

Is there anyway the babies were a product of rape??

NOT that it excuses anything but this is strange.

It frustrates me as I have a friend who desperately wants a child and can't have one and this woman had twins! She had so many options.

Her father Mark Lowe called her "a model daughter" and "as good as it gets."

Yikes!!! Wonder what he would call as a 'bad daughter'?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back