TN TN - Lori Sibrell, 15, Franklin, 5 Nov 1978

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If only we could maybe figure out where she was from, we could post her missing poster on a social group there.

Someone on the Special Collections page said if she remembers correctly, Lori's family lived in Cottonwood before moving to River Rest. Cottonwood is further south. I wonder if all the elementary and Jr. yearbooks were checked. Here's Cottonwood on Nextdoor. Hopefully someone will post there as well as the River Rest Nextdoor.

https://nextdoor.com/neighborhood/wearecottonwood--franklin--tn/

I have gotten a confirmation that Bart is indeed Lori's brother. Obviously I don't have any news articles or proof of this that I can post, but I have spoken to him. Hopefully this might clear up some confusion. Still looking out for Lori, I can't imagine being 15 and lost from my family.

The UID has a size 5 shoe. Is there anyway that someone can estimate what her shoe size would be going off her height and weight?

The UID has a size 5 shoe. Is there anyway that someone can estimate what her shoe size would be going off her height and weight?

I don't think there is a hard and fast relationship between height and shoe size. JMO.

I think sadly we're looking for a body here. Anyone think this is a possibility? Located 4 hrs from Franklin, Est. DOD: 1-4 yrs prior
both have DNA tests completed in namus so they would have had a hit if this was Lori. I can see why you'd suggest it for sure though.

both have DNA tests completed in namus so they would have had a hit if this was Lori. I can see why you'd suggest it for sure though.

Darn. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

Hello everyone! Delete post if necessary but I got some info from Bart and he asked me to clear some of the information up. I know this is speculation because I do not have a link or article, and he is not posting this himself, but I believe this is very important as the information from Namus is a bit incorrect.

Name: Lori Lynn Sibrel
DOB: June 23, 1963
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 130 Lbs.
Hair: BROWN
Dentals: AVAILABLE*
Additional personal items: House Keys

Hello everyone! Delete post if necessary but I got some info from Bart and he asked me to clear some of the information up. I know this is speculation because I do not have a link or article, and he is not posting this himself, but I believe this is very important as the information from Namus is a bit incorrect.

Name: Lori Lynn Sibrel
DOB: June 23, 1963
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 130 Lbs.
Hair: BROWN
Dentals: AVAILABLE*
Additional personal items: House Keys

Thanks! This makes more sense regarding her DOB, it matches either her being 15 when she went missing in Nov 78. Her hair does look darker than strawberry blonde in the pic but it's so hard to tell with a black and white photo.

I did email Namus and Doe regarding the spelling of her name - it might be worth also sending them this info and they could check it out and correct things once verified?

Makes me soooo angry.....no picture of this girl......what in the world????

Wow, this case is a bit baffling to me. I was first confused as to why there was no yearbook photos from Franklin HS, but if her family was new to the area, she might have not been at the school freshman year or simply missed picture day both years. Maybe it was different in the 70s, but pictures for the yearbook are typically taken within the first month of the school year, long before November when she was reported missing. Another thing, yearbooks often have the names of people who missed picture day listed at the end of the class photos (as in, after everyone with a picture is listed alphabetically). Did Franklin HS do this, and if so, was Lori listed? I'm wondering because it seems like nobody remembered a thing about this girl, and in a town of just over 12,000 people (in 1978), I'd think you would at least recall her if she was in one of your classes and then mysteriously disappeared. JMO, but I grew up in a town about that size, and I feel like I would remember something like that.

The lack of investigation is upsetting. Even if LE thought she had run away, in many cases if a child doesn't return home after awhile they begin to explore the possibility of an abduction. Small town, I know, but it's still sad for Lori and her family. Did they have any reason to believe she would run away other than to be with other family members? When a case is considered a runaway pretty much immediately, it seems the person often has other problems that would make them leave home. Again, JMO. If she was a foster child or adopted (as other users have suggested) then I could see where she could've been trying to find her biological parents. Regardless, it's frustrating that a 15 year old girl disappeared and it seems like the investigation was almost nonexistent and very few people remember her today.

EDIT: I feel like I may have sounded overly critical of LE and Lori's family - I wasn't intending to. I'm sure both parties did everything they could at the time.

I believe Lori was born in OH. That is where her brother was born. I have tried looking for her name included in some ohio yearbooks but I haven't. I'm also probably not that good at searching either, though.

Could she be El dorado Jane Doe? I dont see her on the list of people ruled out. Her chin looks different but imo El dorado Jane Does chin looks different in every picture. I wish we had a better photo of Lori. The height and eye color are right and I think the age would be in the estimated range.

Could she be El dorado Jane Doe? I dont see her on the list of people ruled out. Her chin looks different but imo El dorado Jane Does chin looks different in every picture. I wish we had a better photo of Lori. The height and eye color are right and I think the age would be in the estimated range.

That's one possibility we discussed and I did submit them as a match to Namus, so if I hear anything back on that I'll update here. I think it's a pretty slim chance it's her but you never know.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][video=youtube;xaMI7SDqIrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMI7SDqIrM[/video]
[/FONT]

A youtube video created by Bart in remembrance of his sister. Includes some photos of them

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1
Back