TN TN - Lori Sibrell, 15, Franklin, 5 Nov 1978

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone think it's possible Valentine Sally could be Lori? I know it's really unlikely given the time frame, but who knows why Lori left, she could have hitchhiked and been alive for while after disappearing.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/585ufaz.html

Anything is possible I guess but this woman seems too short to be Lori. Might be worth looking into further though because height can obviously be misreported on both sides.

Found out about Lori looking for info about EDJD. I'm assuming it's not a match if a "match" was submitted. I hope Lori was EDJD. EDJD had a hell of a rough life. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I watched BS's video about his sister. It's obvious that she was an early inspiration in his filmmaking... that video has to be early 90s. I'm assuming the country road the Mustang is driving down is the road she disappeared from?

5'10... there cannot be that many unidentified female remains that tall. You would think there would be a database where you could narrow down specific characteristics. My grandmother was 5'10, my mom is 5'11 and I'm 6'3. My wife is 5'6. Both my daughters will pass her by middle school. My 8 year old was the tallest in her class and my 6 year old was the tallest kindergartener in the entire school. You don't often meet women that tall.

5'10... there cannot be that many unidentified female remains that tall. You would think there would be a database where you could narrow down specific characteristics. My grandmother was 5'10, my mom is 5'11 and I'm 6'3. My wife is 5'6. Both my daughters will pass her by middle school. My 8 year old was the tallest in her class and my 6 year old was the tallest kindergartener in the entire school. You don't often meet women that tall.
Namus allows you to search UIDs and missing persons by height

So just to rule out has Brad looked at EDJD Moto?
I think it was speculated that because Lori's DNA tests are now completed in Namus (well that was the status when you could still view it back on the old Namus site), that she would have been picked up as a match with EDJD. However, despite what has been stated in the past I am beyond trusting the matching process. I have heard too many conflicting statements about how it works and just how reliable and automated it is. I still think there's a good chance Lori is EDJD.

This case stays with me, it's one I think of often. She was only 15, so young, so heartbreaking. I really want to know more about the circumstances - there must be more info in a police file somewhere, or ore info from her family. Where was she going that day? What time of day was it? What was her personality type? and so on and so on....

This case is very interesting. She’s been missing for 40 years. I suspect foul play in Lori’s case.

This case is very interesting. She’s been missing for 40 years. I suspect foul play in Lori’s case.

I do as well, apparently Lori's father believed she ran away but according to her brother she withdrew about $50 and left the remaining $150 in her bank account that day. I know some people might speculate that if she were running away she were trying to "throw off" police by leaving money in her account but thinking back to me as a 15 y/o I know I wouldn't have thought about that. I would have taken all the money I could if I were running away. Also not forgetting that $150 in 1978 was a fairly good amount, especially for a 15 year old! Approximately $590 (using a calculator on google, could be off)

Apologies for this post format. I still need help making pictures work apparently!
Last weekend I visited the spot where CY Market used to exist (last known location of Lori).
Here's a pic of what it used to look like (screenshotted from the tribute video, thanks so much for posting that!)
cymarket.jpg
Dropbox - cymarket.jpg
And here's a pic of what the location looks like now:
cymarket2.jpg
Dropbox - cymarket2.jpg

<modsnip - sleuthing family>

Last edited by a moderator:
I do as well, apparently Lori's father believed she ran away but according to her brother she withdrew about $50 and left the remaining $150 in her bank account that day.

So just to be clear, we know that her Dad was living in Nashville and she was in Franklin with her mother and brother following her parents' separation is that right?

Apparently Lori was working at CY market, not just visiting, and she left there for her lunch break around 4pm and that's when she was last seen. She was reported missing by family a week later. I'd love to track down the police report to verify this info, does anyone know if that's possible?

My speculation/opinion is still that she may have been trying to get back to Nashville to see her Dad (either hitchhiking or a ride with someone she knew), and something happened from there. That'd explain why she withdrew some money, just to cover her for the journey and so on. It might also explain why she wasn't reported missing for a while, if the mother thought she was with the father and vice versa.

I'm new to this case. But how likely is a teen to show up to work with the intention of running away and planning to leave during their break? I'd just expect them to either leave and never show up for work or wait till after their shift to leave. Leaving in the middle of their break stands out as really odd to me.

Also, why would their parents take an entire week to report her missing? That seems really odd to me! Was that common back then? Even if they'd thought she'd run away they would wait a week to report her missing?

Cases like this make me so sad. There is something crazy sad to me about someone missing, a body hidden away somewhere and possibly never found, family never knowing what happened to their loved one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955
Back