Found Deceased TN - Lucas Vance, 35, Unicoi County mountains, 29 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It actually sounds like hunting. I’m pretty sure it was deer season.
Terrific! Thank you. Hunting of course, but it never entered my mind. It is my understanding that in my home area youngsters still in school may slip out to hunt before going to school. Don't know how usual or unusual that is, but I've seen it mentioned on Facebook. Thank you! This doesn't answer all the questions, but it seems a viable possibility.

It's the note that keeps me from thinking it was an accident. Maybe you wanted a few people to know the truth but hoped that the contents of the note would not be disclosed publicly. That way, some might conclude that it was an accidental death. It's tough to know what was going through his head. The toxicology report and medical examiner's report should shed more light on exactly what happened.

It's the note that keeps me from thinking it was an accident. Maybe you wanted a few people to know the truth but hoped that the contents of the note would not be disclosed publicly. That way, some might conclude that it was an accidental death. It's tough to know what was going through his head. The toxicology report and medical examiner's report should shed more light on exactly what happened.
I've been thinking about that note, too. If you rule out the tidbit supposedly from a family member about the safe being opened and the note NOT being there, then 10 days or so later WAS there, then everything fits for an accident. The family member is supposed to have reported that the note was more like Luc was putting everything down on paper but he never threatened self-harm. On the morning he vanished, Luc could just have been checking the trail cams near his blind that morning before he went to work, didn't even have to be hunting. However, IF the note really did appear after the safe was searched once, there's more going on.

With everything going on around the holidays, I haven’t had the time to check back in and comment after Luc’s body was found. I have followed this case from the beginning and also followed this thread. I have appreciated your perspective on things as you mentioned ALL of the same questions that I have asked since he went missing. Others posted about him possibly hunting. Legal hunting hours in Tennessee begin half an hour before sunrise. In my opinion, he wouldn’t have gone hunting a few hours before he had to be at work. I could be wrong, but it doesn’t allow enough time especially if he made a kill. Which I believe it was the start of deer season. I agree he could have been checking his cameras early that morning, but with the way his home was left (phone on floor, tv paused on a movie), it leads me to believe he walked out of his home after the 1:00am text. I still would like to know if his last phone conversations provided any information since this was never released. Several people have mentioned that he went to the area in the woods to end his life peacefully. I just don’t think it adds up in my opinion. The weather was cold and rainy, and this even made it difficult for the initial searches. I still have so many questions. And the notes that were found in his safe can be misconstrued and taken out of context. We will never know what he was thinking when he wrote down his thoughts/feelings. His family has argued that the letter never mentioned he was planning on harming himself. I can believe that since he has a history of depression according to family. I would like to know what was found in his backpack and if he had possession of the trail cams. Such a sad situation. He was loved by so many!!

I've been thinking about that note, too. If you rule out the tidbit supposedly from a family member about the safe being opened and the note NOT being there, then 10 days or so later WAS there, then everything fits for an accident. The family member is supposed to have reported that the note was more like Luc was putting everything down on paper but he never threatened self-harm. On the morning he vanished, Luc could just have been checking the trail cams near his blind that morning before he went to work, didn't even have to be hunting. However, IF the note really did appear after the safe was searched once, there's more going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back