TN Man Roasting Raccoon Leads Cops To Meth Lab

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well roasting the raccoon must have been ok because there were no charges for it. :floorlaugh:

May seem strange to some, but I doubt it's against any laws.

I don't want em!!!

But I know several people who would.
:smile:

We could rule the world, sister.

Maybe a deal can be struck. I get someone to round up all ours. I'm not doing it because I don't feel like getting mugged in a bad neighborhood or bit by a raccoon. We then give them to your people who want them. For a price. You get a cut. Plus it finances my trip to NOLA which I L-O-V-E! Oh and I'm a hero in Philly for virtually eliminating the critters.

******Note for anyone that thinks I am serious it's a joke. Lord knows it has to illegal to transport raccoons across State lines********

BTW, I had one on my lawn washing it's paws under my leaking hose. I threw an empty plastic water bottle at him 'cause I couldn't get up my steps to my door. I also yelled loud. Thing could care less.

Another thought...maybe after staying awake for 2-3 weeks straight with no rest, sleep nor food, and spending all your money on more ingredients to make more meth (and possibly frivilous other stuff) would get you thinkin' that it's OK to roast raccoon in the apt. parking lot?

That would make a great movie.

I'm just wonderin' how anything that could smell so horrible while being cooked would taste so good when it's ready.

The coon...not the meth. In case you wondered. ;)

Is it becuz they are infamous garbage eaters?

I'm just wonderin' how anything that could smell so horrible while being cooked would taste so good when it's ready.

The coon...not the meth. In case you wondered. ;)

Is it becuz they are infamous garbage eaters?

Lobsters and crabs feed on the dead.

I have to ask.

Why only 2 per person? Are you guys running out of raccoons and opossum? Poachers? I really want to know. :crazy:

I have no clue. I'm in Louisiana.

Raccoon Pot Roast

4-5 dressed young raccoons (no old Ridge-Runners)
5 lb. potatoes
4 lb. carrots
6 lg. onions
6 whole celery stalks
2 pkg. brown gravy mix
2 beef bouillon cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
Soak raccoon in salt water overnight. Drain and quarter the meat the following morning. Place meat in the bottom of a 16-20 quart kettle, cover with water, adding brown gravy mix, bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, celery, carrots, onion and potatoes in that order. Cover and cook 2-3 hours or until potatoes are done. This will serve 6-8 with enough usually left for raccoon sandwiches the next day.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1827,151164-251202,00.html

:floorlaugh:

Funny, he doesn't look like a tweaker. :rolleyes:

Does roast raccoon taste like chicken ;)

No, they taste a lot like squirrel.

Aw, now I want a sno-cone. The ones in the lil white cup and the guy would pour the flavor out of the bottle onto the ice?

What flavor? Meth, Squirrel or Raccoon?

We could rule the world, sister.

Maybe a deal can be struck. I get someone to round up all ours. I'm not doing it because I don't feel like getting mugged in a bad neighborhood or bit by a raccoon. We then give them to your people who want them. For a price. You get a cut. Plus it finances my trip to NOLA which I L-O-V-E! Oh and I'm a hero in Philly for virtually eliminating the critters.

******Note for anyone that thinks I am serious it's a joke. Lord knows it has to illegal to transport raccoons across State lines********

BTW, I had one on my lawn washing it's paws under my leaking hose. I threw an empty plastic water bottle at him 'cause I couldn't get up my steps to my door. I also yelled loud. Thing could care less.

Virginia has an ad campaign that Virginia is for Lovers. Maybe Philly should advertise; Philly is for Hillbillies! That might help the problem. :giggle:

Raccoon Pot Roast

4-5 dressed young raccoons (no old Ridge-Runners)
5 lb. potatoes
4 lb. carrots
6 lg. onions
6 whole celery stalks
2 pkg. brown gravy mix
2 beef bouillon cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
Soak raccoon in salt water overnight. Drain and quarter the meat the following morning. Place meat in the bottom of a 16-20 quart kettle, cover with water, adding brown gravy mix, bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, celery, carrots, onion and potatoes in that order. Cover and cook 2-3 hours or until potatoes are done. This will serve 6-8 with enough usually left for raccoon sandwiches the next day.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1827,151164-251202,00.html

:floorlaugh:

How do you dress them? Little tuxedos or casual? :waitasec:

A friend of mine told me this story. Evidently this comes from his grandmother who was a child during the depression. According to him his great grandfather and grandmother took the family camping. They found a live raccoon trapped in the bottom of an empty steel garbage can.

Well back then meat was expensive and so they decided why pass up a free meat meal. They fixed the top of the garbage can so it couldn't be opened. They then laid the garbage can on the campfire and waited til the raccoon was dead and roasted. :sick:

I have to ask.

Why only 2 per person? Are you guys running out of raccoons and opossum? Poachers? I really want to know. :crazy:

It is funny, but there are rule and regulations on the numbers of all sorts of animals that hunters can take, and when they can take them. That is how they assure that the hunters take out enough animals but not too many.

I live in North Carolina and my husband is a hunter (large game only). The rules on hunting seasons and and numbers of animals taken actually varies by county. So my husband can hunt deer only with a bow in one county, but move a mile down the street to the next county, where he can use a gun to shoot a deer.

It's all regulated by the State. Just to give an example, here are the "small game" animals that are listed on the NC Wildlife Commission website. There are defined hunting seasons for these animals.
RACCOON
OPOSSUM
SQUIRREL
RABBIT
QUAIL
GROUSE
BOBCAT
GROUNDHOG
NUTRIA
COYOTE
SKUNK (striped)
ARMADILLO
PHEASANT
FOX

So why are the locals complaining about raccoon? It could have been a Skunk!

Back when my son was a baby I owned a horse ranch. My neighbor was straight outta the Beverly Hillbillies! He hunted squirrel, opossum, raccoons, deer, rabbits. That man would eat anything including stray cats!

Once while he was training a new coon hunting pup, I went over to see the puppy, I noticed he was using a very very young raccoon to tease the pup with. He had it in a small cage outside. I snuck back there late at night and stole it. Had the man detected me, I have no doubt he would have shot me and asked questions later. I had to drive like 3 hours, one way, to a wild life rescue to take it. I did keep it for a few days...sweet little thing, most adorable face I ever saw! It was fine w/ cat food:)

Hey Filly, why don't ya open a little luncheonette and serve up some coon stew?

It is funny, but there are rule and regulations on the numbers of all sorts of animals that hunters can take, and when they can take them. That is how they assure that the hunters take out enough animals but not too many.

I live in North Carolina and my husband is a hunter (large game only). The rules on hunting seasons and and numbers of animals taken actually varies by county. So my husband can hunt deer only with a bow in one county, but move a mile down the street to the next county, where he can use a gun to shoot a deer.

It's all regulated by the State. Just to give an example, here are the "small game" animals that are listed on the NC Wildlife Commission website. There are defined hunting seasons for these animals.
RACCOON
OPOSSUM
SQUIRREL
RABBIT
QUAIL
GROUSE
BOBCAT
GROUNDHOG
NUTRIA
COYOTE
SKUNK (striped)
ARMADILLO
PHEASANT
FOX

So why are the locals complaining about raccoon? It could have been a Skunk!

Skunk? People eat skunk?! :sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23
Back