Deceased/Not Found TN - Marsha Brantley, 51, Cleveland, May 2009 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where and when did they find the RV? I must have missed when they found it. I always wondered how something that large could remain missing!

Where and when did they find the RV? I must have missed when they found it. I always wondered how something that large could remain missing!

This is news to me, too! They must have found it a while ago if they are stating that it held no clues. Wouldn't it take a while for a forensics team to go over it thoroughly?

Could the media have it wrong? I find it hard to believe that we only have a couple of sentences that literally change everything about this case. Where is the information about the camper?? So strange!

there was nothing mentioned on her facebook page about them finding that RV either.
copied from above link:

"BCSO detectives located what they believed to be a “missing recreational vehicle owned by the couple which revealed no clues to her disappearance. TBI officials combed through the Brantley home in spring 2010 looking for clues."

It was posted on the first page of the BCSD webpage, later, only her picture was there. Would have been nice to have heard from the media about them finding it. Afterall, people were looking for it, me included.

My question is, if the family wins the civil lawsuit, can he still be charged with her murder later on?

there was nothing mentioned on her facebook page about them finding that RV either.
copied from above link:

"BCSO detectives located what they believed to be a “missing recreational vehicle owned by the couple which revealed no clues to her disappearance. TBI officials combed through the Brantley home in spring 2010 looking for clues."

It was posted on the first page of the BCSD webpage, later, only her picture was there. Would have been nice to have heard from the media about them finding it. Afterall, people were looking for it, me included.

My question is, if the family wins the civil lawsuit, can he still be charged with her murder later on?

BBM - Yes. Any civil suit is completely separate from criminal matters. Generally they wait to see if the criminal suit is won and puts the perp behind bars. If not, they try to win in a civil suit. They can still try him in the criminal courts even if the civil suit is won.

This is such a sad case. She really does sound like a nice person. I just have so many questions:

-What happened to her dogs after she disappeared (I guess they were with her husband)? A minor thing, I know, but I can't help being concerned about that.
-So did people see Donnie Brantley around the neighborhood before the disappearance, just not Marsha?
- Where is Donnie Brantley now?
- I guess her bank accounts and social security number were both checked. I wonder what the results were.
- Where's her car?

This is just such a strange mystery! I hope she's all right, but after two and a half years I guess there's not much chance of that.

Where is Marsha?

I just checked the Bradley County sheriff's office website and Marsha is still on there as missing. I'm glad they still have that there.

I wonder if they have any leads at all that they are still checking on.

I also wonder where Donnie is hanging his hat these days.

This has been a tragedy for my one time large family. I've been watching more than 20 of my aunts and uncles die and I fear after these 2 1/2 years all hope to find Marsha alive is lost. It's true that her family is scattered all over the country but I have never forgotten Marsha. We grew up together in northern Illinois although even then we were still 50 miles apart. I'm proud of the effort thats been made by those who knew and loved her, and by the few remaining family members in the region that are pressing for answers.
If it's any help at all I too herd they found the rv at Mr. Brantley's mothers homestead. It was parked in the woods and could only be seen from the air. As I understand, nothing was found in the rv to help. It still makes me wonder why Mr. Brantley clammed he didn't know where this rv was, and refused to help locate it. Shouldn't he be charged with obstruction of justice, or hiding evidence, or just lying to the police?
Get to know your family members, it's too late when they're gone.

Welcome to Websleuths, woodman! :)

Thank you for sharing about Marsha. I'm very sorry that she is missing, and that you have lost so many family members.

Blessings to you. :heart:

Welcome Woodman!

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I hope that Marsha is found. I am sorry for what you have gone through in her disappearance.

I had never heard of Marsha's case until yesterday. I have been reading through everything I can find about her. I hope her family gets answers soon.

I had never heard of Marsha's case until yesterday. I have been reading through everything I can find about her. I hope her family gets answers soon.

Welcome to the thread EdinburghLass. This case is definitely frustrating...how someone cans simply 'disappear' and the person supposedly closest to them doesn't say a thing.

This has been a tragedy for my one time large family. I've been watching more than 20 of my aunts and uncles die and I fear after these 2 1/2 years all hope to find Marsha alive is lost. It's true that her family is scattered all over the country but I have never forgotten Marsha. We grew up together in northern Illinois although even then we were still 50 miles apart. I'm proud of the effort thats been made by those who knew and loved her, and by the few remaining family members in the region that are pressing for answers.
If it's any help at all I too herd they found the rv at Mr. Brantley's mothers homestead. It was parked in the woods and could only be seen from the air. As I understand, nothing was found in the rv to help. It still makes me wonder why Mr. Brantley clammed he didn't know where this rv was, and refused to help locate it. Shouldn't he be charged with obstruction of justice, or hiding evidence, or just lying to the police?
Get to know your family members, it's too late when they're gone.

Welcome to Websleuths, Woodman. I am so sorry that it is under these circumstances. I too have been impressed by the effort put in by Marsha's somewhat local relatives to keep pressure on for answers.

Remember that there are also strangers here who care very much about the truth and justice for Marsha.

Update: "Last week, attorney James Logan filed a civil complaint in Bradley County Chancery Court seeking a declaratory judgment and “to probate the estate” of Marsha Brantley.

Logan filed the complaint for Brantley’s family members Jana Rader Wills, of Greeneville, and Medra Rader Justis, of Clemmons, N.C.; Since her disappearance, Logan’s complaint cited property taxes have not been paid on the Benwood Trail property and interest is accruing; plus, maintenence on the home has not been kept up.

“Our investigators have been searching in Tennessee and Georgia to serve Mr. Brantley with the complaint,” Logan said Friday afternoon during a telephone interview.

Donnie Brantley’s last known address was on property owned by his family in Kingston, Ga.

Bradley County Sheriff’s Office investigators and TBI were searching for a camper the couple owned. Officials located the camper at the property and conducted a search several months ago, according to officials at BCSO.

Read more: Cleveland Daily Banner - Brantley property probate sought

http://clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/19614232/article-Brantley-property-probate-sought

It hurts me so that someone can literally disappear and not be found for so long. Still wondering where you are Marsha. Still hoping for justice!

Martha, dear Martha, wish I could believe you are off writing the greatest novel ever. Common sense tells us Donnie ran through all of your inheritance and then did the unthinkable. Wishing too that he would find a conscience and let you rest in peace. Hope you are the last woman he will do this to. You made his dreams come true then he created this nightmare. His judgment day will come, if not here on earth then in front of a higher power. Your karma is after you, Donnie...come clean. No one is going to forget.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back