Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And TC thinks he so hip and loved by all the teenagers he would fit right in. Lol
I think he would be identified within 48 hours if he were to go PCB or Daytona. They would stick out like a sore thumb.
Sleeping in a car, LE might actually see the car.
IMO- all he can do is keep moving and stay a day ahead of police.
MOO

In Kansas, you can get an emergency divorce which is quickly granted. I wonder if this option is available to his wife. I was also wondering if she divorces him, if that would free her "half" of their property so he couldn't use it as collateral on bail, lawyers, etc.. It also might keep her from having it seized/sold if he is sued by family??? I'm thinking there might be financial benefits to divorcing him asap. ???

I will defer to our WS attorneys, but usually, it's messier with longer marriages and substantial joint assets. :cow:

In Kansas, you can get an emergency divorce which is quickly granted. I wonder if this option is available to his wife. I was also wondering if she divorces him, if that would free her "half" of their property so he couldn't use it as collateral on bail, lawyers, etc.. It also might keep her from having it seized/sold if he is sued by family??? I'm thinking there might be financial benefits to divorcing him asap. ???

There's a lot of reasons to start divorce proceedings. To keep him from draining accounts is one, to allow her to pay bills which may be in his name is another, to negotiate things like the loans he took out before he left is another and yes, it can keep her assets from being seized when he's caught and she won't be responsible for any fines they issue him. I have to say again, my heart goes out to JC as well.

I'm struggling to understand why you think he will be charged with/convicted of a class E felony. The only class E kidnapping-related felony that I know of is custodial interference, but only parents and family members can commit that offense, so...

You are correct that DUI>=4 is a class E felony in Tennessee, as it should be. And I'm not saying any person who travels with another person and a gun commits a crime...but one who does so with a MINOR against the parentswishes does. This is a 15yo CHILD. Just like not everyone who has sex commits statutory rape, but someone who does so with a CHILD usually will (Romeo and Juliet exceptions aside). I seriously can't with this. A person who takes a child even when he has groomed the child into being "willing" has still done something seriously wrong.

39-13-506 (D) (2) Statutory rape. Class E felony. That's the only thing I can find that he could possibly be convicted of at this point. That's an easy conviction. Everybody who tries this type of thing, gets convicted of that. This case certainly doesn't fit the legal definition of custodial interference, which is where a parent tries to disrupt the custody rights of the other parent. This is not a custody dispute.

I just don't understand how LE says it's well planned, can find searches TC did on teen marriage, how to drive his Rogue undetected, mattress to fit the rogue but absolutely no searches on the places they are going? How can that be? I find that interesting. Was he toying with LE knowing darn well they would scour his PC for info including the hard drive? Her computers too.

Do they have passports? TIA

TC likely does have a passport. ET likely does not. She has only been out of Tennessee one time before, according to her sister.

I believe they have both lived in Tennessee all their lives. I'm not sure they would consider California to be a dream. Plus California is expensive as hell. His money wouldn't last long in California. My gut feeling is that they doubled back to Tennessee, and are camping someplace. I just can't picture these two getting very far away from the Southeast US. But the Oklahoma sighting does lead to the possibility that they could have continued traveling farther west on I-40.

Unfortunately, like a poster up (down?) stream said, it's anyone's guess. I'm guessing that they are not headed for Minnesota if they are sleeping in the car most or all of the time. If they turned back and headed for Florida, they'd be warm, and that might throw LE off as well.

There's a lot of reasons to start divorce proceedings. To keep him from draining accounts is one, to allow her to pay bills which may be in his name is another, to negotiate things like the loans he took out before he left is another and yes, it can keep her assets from being seized when he's caught and she won't be responsible for any fines they issue him. I have to say again, my heart goes out to JC as well.

Since their married does that 17,000 judgement of his become hers too if it was after they were married? It would here in Cali as its a no fault 50/50 state regarding community property.

I think that sometimes, when I offer insight here as an experienced wilderness camper/hiker, other posters might blow me off simply because it's something they themselves don't really have a broad understanding about. I don't have a fragile ego at all, so that doesn't bother me, but I do wish posters would listen to my experience in this area because it could be helpful to Elizabeth.

Having said all that, here are few observations I've made in the past , and a few more that I would add after reading the latest updates.

1. TC reads survivalist and off grid wilderness sites. To the best of my knowledge, he has very little actual experience in this. THAT is what is forcing him into public places, assuming they are actually trying to rough it in the wilderness. It's clear that he's " planned " this by researching things on the internet. But he hasn't planned it well, because clearly, he lacks practical experience. If he truly had experience, he wouldn't be in town shopping for food. Experienced campers/hikers pack freeze dried meals...they weight next to nothing, take up very little space, and require no refrigeration. I could feed us in a dispersed camping situation for months this way taking up the space of a small cardboard box.

2. I doubt very much that they are staying in super remote wilderness settings. To get to most of these within National Parks, you must hike in. I get a very strong sense that he is not comfortable being without the vehicle. That said, there are many service roads that are rarely trafficked, and it would not be difficult to pull a vehicle off of one of these roads into a wooded area, camouflage the car with camo netting, and not be seen. They could easily be camping on private property if they do have the camo netting (which I'd almost bet my famr they do).

3. I actually saw a Nissan Rogue the other day, and tried to evaluate it as a practical vehicle for camping long term. To me, it's size is would be a big problem. Even with the back seat put down, it would be a tight fit for 2 people to sleep in. Add to that all of the supplies you would need to haul with you, and I don't think I could do it. I certainly wouldn't attempt it without bringing along a fly (which is a tarp sort of thing that extends your " living space " from the back of the vehicle). If he doesn't have this kind of setup, and is trying to just flat out live out of the Rogue, yeah...no.

4. Water. That is an essential. If they are wilderness camping long term they would need to camp near a water source. This sounds obvious and simple, doesn't it? It actually isn't. Drinking from wilderness water sources can kill you if you don't know what you are doing. Ideally, water needs to be brought to a boil safe. This requires a fire. If he isn't hauling wood (along with all these other supplies in the cramped back of the Nissan), then he has to use wood that's available to him. Does he know what to burn and what not to burn (because even that requires a degree of knowledge). And, is he concerned that a fire might give them away? I read somewhere that he researched a water filter. I hope like hell he is not under the impression that these filters are a foolproof way to safely treat water, because believe me, they aren't. Even when they are used correctly and operating properly, there are many different types of organisms they don't keep out. Chemicals to treat water? They exist, of course, but they are certainly not ideal. What do you want to bet that one of the " ordinary food items " he purchased at the OKC walmart was a case of bottled water? :wink:

5. I mentioned yesterday that when I saw the OKC walmart pics that both TC and ET had every appearance of having been "camping". When I said camping, I didn't necessarily mean camping in the traditional sense, but rather "roughing it". I have absolutely know way of knowing what their "set up" is, but I know the look of roughing it when I see it. It's something that is difficult to explain to people who don't camp/hike, but every hiker knows it when they see it. It's just a mindset that shows up in your appearance and your obliviousness to your appearance. The instant I saw these 2, I was pretty damned sure they had not been staying at a motel. I see no reason to think that that has changed since the walmart video. I think that, given their lack of experience, they may be forced to risk a motel for a night here or there, but everything I've read and seen so far tells me they are trying to go off grid.

6. You do not carry a gun in the middle of your back. Reach back there and pretend you are trying to draw a gun. Can YOU do it? Even if that were possible, it's called conceal carry for a reason. Do you think people might be able to see a gun if it were stashed in the middle of your back just under your shoulder blades?

7. TC researched whether a mattress would fit in the back of the Nissan. From what I saw yesterday looking at a Nissan, I would guess no. But even if he does, it won't be a regular mattress. He would need an air mattress. He's already got way too much crap in that tiny storage space. :wink:

(I was going to type more, but I hate reading long posts myself, and now I'm tired of typing, so I'm cutting myself off.)

Unfortunately, like a poster up (down?) stream said, it's anyone's guess. I'm guessing that they are not headed for Minnesota if they are sleeping in the car most or all of the time. If they turned back and headed for Florida, they'd be warm, and that might throw LE off as well.

There are stretches along the coast here in So Cal all the way to San Diego designated for overnight and longer beach camping for RV's, SUVs, etc.

I could see them constantly moving to different places never staying in one spot too long.

I answered this thoroughly up thread.

Also, re: the federal offenses, inveigling/enticing a person and carrying him or her across state lines is a felony under 18 USC 1201 and punishable by 20 to life. Seems like Mr. CIA we're gonna get married did that.

Further, transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of committing a sexual offense against the child (such as statutory rape) is a federal felony in violation of the Mann Act, 18 USC 2423. It's also sexual abuse of a minor pursuant to 18 USC 2243. I'm sure there are other applicable crimes. Again, I don't do federal criminal law.

It's highly unlikely that TC is involved in sex trafficking. There is no evidence of that. You seem to be grasping at straws to find some serious charge that he could be charged with.

I think that sometimes, when I offer insight here as an experienced wilderness camper/hiker, other posters might blow me off simply because it's something they themselves don't really have a broad understanding about. I don't have a fragile ego at all, so that doesn't bother me, but I do wish posters would listen to my experience in this area because it could be helpful to Elizabeth.

Having said all that, here are few observations I've made in the past , and a few more that I would add after reading the latest updates.

1. TC reads survivalist and off grid wilderness sites. To the best of my knowledge, he has very little actual experience in this. THAT is what is forcing him into public places, assuming they are actually trying to rough it in the wilderness. It's clear that he's " planned " this by researching things on the internet. But he hasn't planned it well, because clearly, he lacks practical experience. If he truly had experience, he wouldn't be in town shopping for food. Experienced campers/hikers pack freeze dried meals...they weight next to nothing, take up very little space, and require no refrigeration. I could feed us in a dispersed camping situation for months this way taking up the space of a small cardboard box.

2. I doubt very much that they are staying in super remote wilderness settings. To get to most of these within National Parks, you must hike in. I get a very strong sense that he is not comfortable being without the vehicle. That said, there are many service roads that are rarely trafficked, and it would not be difficult to pull a vehicle off of one of these roads into a wooded area, camouflage the car with camo netting, and not be seen. The could easily be camping on private property if they do have the camo netting (which I'd almost bet my famr they do).

3. I actually saw a Nissan Rogue the other day, and tried to evaluate it as a practical vehicle for camping long term. To me, it's size is would be a big problem. Even with the back seat put down, it would be a tight fit for 2 people to sleep in. Add to that all of the supplies you would need to haul with you, and I don't think I could do it. I certainly wouldn't attempt it without bringing along a fly (which is a tarp sort of thing that extends your " living space " from the back of the vehicle). If he doesn't have this kind of setup, and is trying to just flat out live out of the Rogue, yeah...no.

4. Water. That is an essential. If they are wilderness camping long term they would need to camp near a water source. This sounds obvious and simple, doesn't it? It actually isn't. Drinking from wilderness water sources can kill you if you don't know what you are doing. Ideally, water needs to be brought to a boil safe. This requires a fire. If he isn't hauling wood (along with all these other supplies in the cramped back of the Nissan), then he has to use wood that's available to him. Does he know what to burn and what not to burn (because even that requires a degree of knowledge). And, is he concerned that a fire might give them away? I read somewhere that he researched a water filter. I hope like hell he is not under the impression that these filters are a foolproof way to safely treat water, because believe me, they aren't. Even when they are used correctly and operating properly, there are many different types of organisms they don't keep out. Chemicals to treat water? They exist, of course, but they are certainly not ideal. What do you want to bet that one of the " ordinary food items " he purchased at the OKC walmart was a case of bottled water? :wink:

5. I mentioned yesterday that when I saw the OKC walmart pics that both TC and ET had every appearance of having been "camping". When I said camping, I didn't necessarily mean camping in the traditional sense, but rather "roughing it". I have absolutely know way of knowing what their "set up" is, but I know the look of roughing it when I see it. It's something that is difficult to explain to people who don't camp/hike, but every hiker knows it when they see it. It's just a mindset that shows up in your appearance and your obliviousness to your appearance. The instant I saw these 2, I was pretty damned sure they had not been staying at a motel. I see no reason to think that that has changed since the walmart video. I think that, given their lack of experience, they may be forced to risk a motel for a night here or there, but everything I've read and seen so far tells me they are trying to go off grid.

6. You do not carry a gun in the middle of your back. Reach back there and pretend you are trying to draw a gun. Can YOU do it? Even if that were possible, it's called conceal carry for a reason. Do you think people might be able to see a gun if it were stashed in the middle of your back just under your shoulder blades?

7. TC researched whether a mattress would fit in the back of the Nissan. From what I saw yesterday looking at a Nissan, I would guess no. But even if he does, it won't be a regular mattress. He would need an air mattress. He's already got way too much crap in that tiny storage space. :wink:

(I was going to type more, but I hate reading long posts myself, and now I'm tired of typing, so I'm cutting myself off.)

My ex is a retired cop of 30 years. He said people do carry concealed handguns on the small of their back.

Also, I have done a lot of lake camping in tents, with friends and we always went shopping prior to our trip. I think it's mostly if your a hardcore camper/ hiker or not and the kind of camping you do.

My ex is a retired cop of 30 years. He said people do carry concealed handguns on the small of their back.

Also, I have done a lot of lake camping in tents, with friends and we always went shopping prior to our trip. I think it's mostly if your a hardcore camper/ hiker or not and the kind of camping you do.

1. The small of your back is not the middle of your back, which is where several posters seem to think they see this gun. I'm well aware of carry methods. I have never seen anyone carry in the middle of their back. It is not even physically possible.

2. I've done all kinds of camping, from overnights in KOA's and public parks, to dispersal camping. I've even camped on my own property. And I respect what you are saying in terms of your experience. But were you on the run from the law with a 15 year old girl in your possession when you camped at the lake? I just don't see TC doing that kind of camping for any length of time. JMO

Just out of curiosity, if this was your daughter, would you ask the DA not to press charges because she's where she wants to be?

I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I would probably not do that. Because if I did, I would expect my daughter would probably be extremely upset with me. Our relationship would probably go down hill from there. When she turned 18 the guy would probably be out of jail and they would get married and never talk to me again. But I would like to think that I would have a good enough relationship with my daughter, that she would not run off and do something like this. If she did, I would probably take that, as an indication that I had failed as a parent.

Since their married does that 17,000 judgement of his become hers too if it was after they were married? It would here in Cali as its a no fault 50/50 state regarding community property.

TN is a fault state. What 17,000 judgement? I didn't read anything about that.

Speaking of his faith (or lack thereof), check out his Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/tadcummins/), in which TC has religious and romantic posts right up until the the abduction. His last post: "It's a beautiful day to start." He also describes himself as follows:
Jesus freak/child of The King, husband, father, grandfather, high-school teacher,RRT, drummer, audio tech, jeep owner, singer/songwriter, warrior-poet
I guess you can call him a jesus freak since most christians dont believe what he is doing is right. Key word being FREAK

I think I've crossed my frustration level in this thread. It's starting to show in my posts. I might need a breather for a few days.

(Someone send me a heads up if we get any new info, please. I'll empty my inbox.)

:smile:

1. The small of your back is not the middle of your back, which is where several posters seem to think they see this gun. I'm well aware of carry methods. I have never seen anyone carry in the middle of their back. It is not even physically possible.

2. I've done all kinds of camping, from overnights in KOA's and public parks, to dispersal camping. I've even camped on my own property. And I respect what you are saying in terms of your experience. But were you on the run from the law with a 15 year old girl in your possession when you camped at the lake? I just don't see TC doing that kind of camping for any length of time. JMO

I don't either not hardcore roughing it. We didn't always use campgrounds. We filled up our ice chest and it would last a week or so. Do some fishing for food.

I don't see them as camping unless at Colorado river. I think they may just sleep in the rogue park a night here or there travel up the coast that offers overnight parking usually in the parking lot along the boardwalk.

I think I've crossed my frustration level in this thread. It's starting to show in my posts. I might need a breather for a few days.

(Someone send me a heads up if we get any new info, please. I'll empty my inbox.)

:smile:

I agree it's like daily repeating of everything already established. Not much new info. Post after post the same. [emoji4]

IMO, MOAM, JMO, IANCY etc. etc. I am not answering to prior posts by informed people or attempting to bruise the ego of those who are intelligent or responding to posterior statements by experts. Forgive me, I know not other means of eliciting new thinking without thinking anew myself. And do not take everything too seriously. Satire is also fun.

1 ---- My following statements are not based on facts but rather on the desire to brainstorm, as these two’s abiosis is so perplexing. Ultimately, to get the 15-year old girl ET back to her family is the goal.

2 --- Is she a 15-year old girl who wants to “be-brought-back” to her family or a “run-away child” who want to be afar from her family and all past hurts, some hurts unveiled, and may be other hurts still concealed? The answer to that question could be determinant to finding where she may want to go. Where they may be now may depend both on the means the man has and the desires the child wishes to realize, isn’t it?

3 ---- TC is a 50-year old alleged kidnapper and every happening now is his fault, I get that. Moreover, TBI says that what TC is allegedly doing is a capital criminal offense rather than a romantic adventure, even in TN. Would that be good to keep in mind and talked about all day long, and … even necessary to asthenic and capture him? Or rather, could not that subside for now and be used latter to abjure and punish him when he is captured?

4 ---- Do all of Mr. Tad Commins’ family members, friends, ex-coworkers, and acquaintances think that Mr. Tad Commins kidnapped that woman? (A woman in the mind of some hypothetic thinker, not your mind!) Or, at least few of those people think that the woman got Mr. Tad Commins, the so nice high school teacher, in large trouble? It could be in some people’s mind that Mr. Tad Commins just wants to facilitate the desire to escape of his companion. May be, Mr. Tad Commins just wants to please her, isn’t it? Such potential view makes me eager to scrutinize, one more time, all acquaintances of Mr. Tad Commins with potential help and communication he may get to elucidate the pitfalls of the dragnet for so long.

5 ---- Oklahoma City, OK, Walmart video shows “a distressed ET who may be handcuffed under those long sleeves” for some. Do the frame-by-frame pictures show a normal woman speaking with Mr. Tad Commins and following him freely, in the eyes of others? It is a tombac, but how much is copper and what is the zinc worth? Without knowing for sure, it could be a combination of the two, I take it.

6 ---- Each of the seriatim listed here could be contraposed with new view to illuminate well the situation. Some assume that Elizabeth Thomas’ eleutherism will cause a propensity to escape while others think that it will motivate her to help Mr. Tad Commins to hide better!

In sum, it does not help that every attempt to bring renewed thinking is here objurgated, affixed a negative qualifier, and labelled as “not a shared view” (we all agree that …) while in truth, no one know! We know that O, D and G are three letters but when we all speak of GOD and someone wants to speak of DOG, analphabetism creates a chiasmus as if every oblong form is a concealed ithyphallic. We need new ideas to help find this child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6