Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that JC will be at his arraignment on Friday?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

No I don't he is in CA and she is in TN. I don't think she will fly for that especially since she filed for divorce. idk

Why would she? She has made her stance clear with filling divorce papers.

PS. Now that he is in custody that should help with serving him the papers. I recall there was some chatter here about if he was never found how it could effect the division of martial property.

PS. Now that he is in custody that should help with serving him the papers. I recall there was some chatter here about if he was never found how it could effect the division of martial property.

She could change her mind about the divorce.... She still loves him. Ugh!!!

IMOO.

The Black Bear Ranch site received so much traffic, it's down! Poor people trying to live off-the-grid and they end up in the national spotlight. http://blackbearranch.org/

No, I don't think she will be at any court related things. I do think she will try to salvage a relationship with him, despite the divorce. That's totally JMO

It will be hard for his wife to delude herself once she sees the written criminal filings :(

I agree about the laws. Some states have age differential laws. This might be a good opportunity for people in a community to rally for legal changes.
Thanks and yes, I agree. I often suggest people to become familiar with their states age of consent laws. We see this happening all too often.

jmo

IMOO.

I think there is no chance in hell that will happen. She has been humiliated, cheated and lied to. Then add in all the stress, worry and financial ruin she is (most likely) facing? Nah. She is done with him. I do not see her waiting around for him to do his (hopefully) decades long sentence.

Also in the article it mentions that authorities said it's "obvious" they have a relationship and ET's responses to LE "escalated up and down."
This breaks my heart.

Thanks and yes, I agree. I often suggest people to become familiar with their states age of consent laws. We see this happening all too often.

jmo

I have been the parent of a teen and work with teens and their parents. The number of parents who do not know or understand the law is amazing.

IMOO.
It is really hard to tell. With the attitude of the community, I think she is feeling some denial and right "she still loves him". Odd thing to say when your husband just kidnapped a student.
I don't think her children will let her remain married, I think they will be more likely to see this for what it is. Who knows.

JMO

The Black Bear Ranch site received so much traffic, it's down! Poor people trying to live off-the-grid and they end up in the national spotlight. http://blackbearranch.org/

I bet. I was on the BBR Facebook and asked if they were there and I couldn't get a clear answer. I just got an "I don't know".

It appeared as though the person answering wasn't even on the ranch.

ETA - 40 ish people it would be pretty clear if new people showed up in my opinion.

I'm not saying I think she will be there. I hope she isn't. I am just curious if anyone thinks she's going to hop on a plane tonight.

I think there is no chance in hell that will happen. She has been humiliated, cheated and lied to. Then add in all the stress, worry and financial ruin she is (most likely) facing? Nah. She is done with him. I do not see her waiting around for him to do his (hopefully) decades long sentence.

For some reason I think it's much more likely that she will support him and I'm sure visit him in prison. Also it seems like she will have support in her community for doing so. I was in a very similar situation to ET when I was also 15. The amount of support these predators can have is astounding. Even my own mother and sisters are "friends" with my predator.

You might want to do a Google search on her. She's one of those crazies who doesn't think it's possible for a woman to be raped if she doesn't want to be. Judging from what I've read from her remarks, I have a feeling she thinks the sex between Mary Catherine and her abductor was consensual and ok.
I read what you posted about her after you googled her, but don't come to the same conclusions as you regarding what those excerpts mean concerning her stance on rape or her mental aptitude:
Judging from her Wikipedia profile, she has some unusual beliefs, to be charitable. Some would find them quite offensive:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_ButtShe opposes biracial dating and supports the National Association for the Advancement of White People. Did she become acquainted with Tad Cummins through that organization? How, exactly, did she become acquainted with him and why does she support his activities when they are clearly illegal and immoral?ETA: Upon further review, it appears she's one of those people who doesn't believe there is such a thing as rape or incest. I guess this explains why she's defending Cummins. Apparently she believes girls can't be raped if they don't want to be.:notgood:
BBM First of all, whether or not she believes in biracial marriage doesn't make her "crazy" even if it does make her unlikeable. And it's irrelevant to this case.Secondly, the quote you attributed to her was not complete, and was apparently part of her stance regarding a proposed Dem amendment to a house bill concerning a 48-hr wait period concerning abortion. (NOT going into that debate, but here's the full context if interested:
During the debate about the waiting period, Rep. Craig Fitzhugh, a Democrat from Ripley, offered an amendment that would have exempted victims of rape or incest from the waiting period."Women who have survived this condition have already been victimized by their attacker, and it would do much to take care of the safety, health and welfare of women in this situation," Fitzhugh said. "This amendment merely adds the provision that if the pregnancy is a result of rape or incest the bill does not apply."It was in response to those remarks that Butt said: "This amendment appears political because we understand that in most instances this is not verifiable." http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ized-calling-rape-incest-verifiable/26179943/
I know we may differ, but in my opinion, these snippets don't tell me that she believes a girl CANNOT be raped...and as she IS a woman, I would find that hard to believe. Rather, she was saying that the push for an amendment for bypassing the wait period for abortion in case of rape/incest--which is not always immediately verifiable--was "politically motivated" in that it effectively would revert back to abortion on demand. Regardless of your stand on that whole debate, her statement was about a wait period, not that rape doesn't exist.She also stated after Tad's capture that she was "happy to let the State deal with him" - so I think fears of her being in his camp are unfounded.

I'm not saying I think she will be there. I hope she isn't. I am just curious if anyone thinks she's going to hop on a plane tonight.

I don't think she will. But I've been wrong before:).

It is really hard to tell. With the attitude of the community, I think she is feeling some denial and right "she still loves him". Odd thing to say when your husband just kidnapped a student.
I don't think her children will let her remain married, I think they will be more likely to see this for what it is. Who knows.

JMO

She actually said in an interview that she Forgives him.
Maybe she said that so she could move on, and not be bitter and harbor resentment, or she said that for other reasons?

IMOO.

I think she won't, mostly because of public humiliation right now and money issues. If she supports him, I believe it will be after this story kind of dies down. Tad also probably left her financially strained with his loss of income and at the very least taking out the one loan on a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho