Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ steelman, shock value maybe? guns and roses (searching for teen marriage)? but even that doesn't make sense bc we'd be just as shocked if they told us he packed a sleeping bag, lantern, and shortwave radio (indicating off the grid/campground living).

I don't know why LE releases some info. If he packed a beach bag and I lived at the beach my eyes would be open wider. KWIM?

Thanks a million for the offer. Three + of us did it last night; see pages 10 & 11. The curious thing, was that the original data, suggested a date of 2/17. However, someone else here (sorry, I forgot who you are), reminded us that the twitter account for TBI, indicated the photograph was dated in January (and more specifically, a day or days before the contact between TC & ET was observed by a student).

The photo, is the image of TC & ET, sitting at what appears to be his desk. The salt lamp 'gift', is at the side on the desk. The image is a bit blurry, as if taken in haste. A number of us feel that TC, was on someone's 'radar'. Just my opinion, but I feel that someone wanted to start documenting this.

My curiosity, began when I read that a teacher was apparently interviewed by school administration. Her response (someone will help post her exact words), clearly indicated that she was seeing teacher-student boundaries being crossed. She tried to state this in the most neutral way - but the thought was very clear.

Who cares? It speaks to how long someone was suspicious of this inappropriate relationship, or even just CT's behavior around young girls. And yet they hesitated to come forward. And if this particular aspect of this, sees the light of day - maybe it will help facilitate change in the reporting policy.
And after all thought they still didn't take her father seriously at first when he told them they had run off together.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

http://www.teateachers.org/sites/de...ty_school_district_salary_schedule_report.pdf

for the teacher degree debate. just a listing of pay scale. it doesn't include anyone below a BA.

Not a debate, just a clarification:
A Practitioner Occupational Education License may be issued to individuals who have met requirements pursuant to State Board of Education policy, had content verification provided by the Tennessee Department of Education, Career and Technical Division and holds the required current/valid industry certification prior to entering Tennessee public schools. The license is only valid for three years of teaching in a Tennessee public or state accredited private school.

Individuals applying for the Practitioner Occupational Teacher license must meet the following criteria:

Be formally admitted to or have completed a state-approved educator preparation program
Be recommended by the state-approved educator preparation program
Be a high school graduate or higher
Meet industry certification requirements.
Due to changes in the current licensing requirements and not having regional testing centers available, a grace period of 1 year for industry certifications required for licensing will be given to individuals applying for a new practitioner occupational license. This does not apply to individuals who are advancing their license and have to have industry certification. Additionally, this does not apply to Health Science teachers or Cosmetology teachers.
Meet the endorsement experience requirements
Prior to recommending a candidate for licensure, educator preparation providers should receive verification from the Department of Education that the applicant meets stated criteria for licensure, such as required industry certification and experience.

Download the application for the Practitioner Occupational Education License or call (615) 532-2834 to request the forms be mailed to you. Qualifications including experience and educational preparation shall be reviewed by the staff of the Office of Career & Technical Education. Once an application has been reviewed and approved, the Practitioner Occupational Education License will be issued.

Health Science.: The health science teacher must hold an associate or higher degree that is related to their health care license. The license, registration or certification must be in an allied health occupation, or as a registered nurse, or in an appropriate medical profession in Tennessee that can be verified by Tennessee Department of Health Licensure or a national license accreditation agency. (EX: Radiological Technologist, Nuclear Medicine, etc.)

The applicant shall have completed one year of full-time or part-time successful employment within the past five years in a related health occupation in a health care clinical setting having a current active healthcare license. (EX: hospital, long-term care facility, rehabilitation or athletic training facility, dental or medical office, home health, day surgery center, etc.)

All other occupational endorsement areas have different education, occupational work experience, and industry certification requirements.

Below is a listing of Occupational Education License endorsement areas currently available in Tennessee.

Endorsement Name Endorsement Code
2-4 Cycle Engines 775
Aircraft Maintenance 773
Automotive 770
Aviation Ground School 774
Barbering 780
Broadcasting 710
Carpentry 706
Collision Repair 771
Concrete/Masonry 702
Cosmetology 781
Culinary Arts 730
Diesel Equipment 772
Distribution and Logistics 776
Drafting/CAD 700
Electrical 701
Fire Safety 751
Graphic Design 711
HVAC 707
Health Informatics 721
Health Science 720
Information Technology 740
Legal and Protective Services 750
Manufacturing 760
Plumbing 703
Programming 742
Public Health 722
Welding 705 - See more at: https://www.tn.gov/education/article/apply-for-a-new-teacher-license#sthash.LdDxByTs.dpuf

and

Health Science

Additional Information

Work-Based Learning
CTSOs
Career Exploration Standards
2017-18 Programs of Study
Health science is one of the largest industries in the country, with more than 11 million jobs, including the self-employed. The health science industry includes establishments ranging from small-town private practice physicians who employ only one medical assistant to busy inner city hospitals that provide thousands of diverse jobs. More than half of all non-hospital health service establishments employ fewer than five workers. On the other hand, almost two-thirds of hospital employees were in establishments with more than 1,000 workers.

Wage and employment in the health services industry is projected to increase more than 25 percent through 2010, compared with an average of 16 percent for all industries. Employment growth is expected to account for about 2.8 million new jobs.

Programs of Study

Biotechnology Research
Level 1: Health Science Education
Level 2: Diagnostic Medicine
Level 3: Anatomy & Physiology2
Level 4: Biomedical Applications -and/or- Forensic Science2
- See more at: http://www.tennessee.gov/education/article/cte-cluster-health-science#sthash.JaXQLtpv.dpuf

Their pay scale isn't listed as they are considered "at will employees". The license is only for 3 years and it's not in a core course required area. In simple terms, the position can be terminated at any time. They offer forensics this year, but may not in the future because it's an elective course. So the pay scale falls in the BA step 0. Again, you can view this information at the Tennessee board of education website.

He put a microwave only she could use in the classroom also here's the tweet from Josh Devine Channel 4 WSMV

[video=twitter;844278267909750785]https://twitter.com/TBIJoshDeVine/status/844278267909750785[/video]

RSBM

There SHOULD'VE been enough suspicions raised so that an adult would take action .
So that a child didn't have to report them.

General Health Sciences need a 4 year degree.

If you look under the link under Career Certificate requirements, under Health Sciences you will see different sets of requirements that do NOT require a 4 year degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, I've been trying to catch up with all the great work you've been doing. Is there a summary somewhere of what we know so far? Thank you!

RSBM

There SHOULD'VE been enough suspicions raised so that an adult would take action .
So that a child didn't have to report them.

You'd think the school would be the first to know since they did that INVESTIGATION. NOT! If they did an investigation, they would know her seat is up front near/next to him.

Not a debate, just a clarification:
A Practitioner Occupational Education License may be issued to individuals who have met requirements pursuant to State Board of Education policy, had content verification provided by the Tennessee Department of Education, Career and Technical Division and holds the required current/valid industry certification prior to entering Tennessee public schools. The license is only valid for three years of teaching in a Tennessee public or state accredited private school.

Individuals applying for the Practitioner Occupational Teacher license must meet the following criteria:

Be formally admitted to or have completed a state-approved educator preparation program
Be recommended by the state-approved educator preparation program
Be a high school graduate or higher
Meet industry certification requirements.
Due to changes in the current licensing requirements and not having regional testing centers available, a grace period of 1 year for industry certifications required for licensing will be given to individuals applying for a new practitioner occupational license. This does not apply to individuals who are advancing their license and have to have industry certification. Additionally, this does not apply to Health Science teachers or Cosmetology teachers.
Meet the endorsement experience requirements
Prior to recommending a candidate for licensure, educator preparation providers should receive verification from the Department of Education that the applicant meets stated criteria for licensure, such as required industry certification and experience.

Download the application for the Practitioner Occupational Education License or call (615) 532-2834 to request the forms be mailed to you. Qualifications including experience and educational preparation shall be reviewed by the staff of the Office of Career & Technical Education. Once an application has been reviewed and approved, the Practitioner Occupational Education License will be issued.

Health Science.: The health science teacher must hold an associate or higher degree that is related to their health care license. The license, registration or certification must be in an allied health occupation, or as a registered nurse, or in an appropriate medical profession in Tennessee that can be verified by Tennessee Department of Health Licensure or a national license accreditation agency. (EX: Radiological Technologist, Nuclear Medicine, etc.)

The applicant shall have completed one year of full-time or part-time successful employment within the past five years in a related health occupation in a health care clinical setting having a current active healthcare license. (EX: hospital, long-term care facility, rehabilitation or athletic training facility, dental or medical office, home health, day surgery center, etc.)

All other occupational endorsement areas have different education, occupational work experience, and industry certification requirements.

Below is a listing of Occupational Education License endorsement areas currently available in Tennessee.

Endorsement NameEndorsement Code
2-4 Cycle Engines775
Aircraft Maintenance773
Automotive770
Aviation Ground School774
Barbering780
Broadcasting710
Carpentry706
Collision Repair771
Concrete/Masonry702
Cosmetology781
Culinary Arts730
Diesel Equipment772
Distribution and Logistics776
Drafting/CAD700
Electrical701
Fire Safety751
Graphic Design711
HVAC707
Health Informatics721
Health Science720
Information Technology740
Legal and Protective Services750
Manufacturing760
Plumbing703
Programming742
Public Health722
Welding705 - See more at: https://www.tn.gov/education/article/apply-for-a-new-teacher-license#sthash.LdDxByTs.dpuf

and

Health Science

Additional Information

Work-Based Learning
CTSOs
Career Exploration Standards
2017-18 Programs of Study
Health science is one of the largest industries in the country, with more than 11 million jobs, including the self-employed. The health science industry includes establishments ranging from small-town private practice physicians who employ only one medical assistant to busy inner city hospitals that provide thousands of diverse jobs. More than half of all non-hospital health service establishments employ fewer than five workers. On the other hand, almost two-thirds of hospital employees were in establishments with more than 1,000 workers.

Wage and employment in the health services industry is projected to increase more than 25 percent through 2010, compared with an average of 16 percent for all industries. Employment growth is expected to account for about 2.8 million new jobs.

Programs of Study

Biotechnology Research
Level 1: Health Science Education
Level 2: Diagnostic Medicine
Level 3: Anatomy & Physiology2
Level 4: Biomedical Applications -and/or- Forensic Science2
- See more at: http://www.tennessee.gov/education/article/cte-cluster-health-science#sthash.JaXQLtpv.dpuf

Their pay scale isn't listed as they are considered "at will employees". The license is only for 3 years and it's not in a core course required area. In simple terms, the position can be terminated at any time. They offer forensics this year, but may not in the future because it's an elective course. So the pay scale falls in the BA step 0. Again, you can view this information at the Tennessee board of education website.

This is likely because people who obtain a career prep related teaching degree are categorized differently. In some districts they are even paid by a different source of funding...for example an ISD or career center.

I know it's a lot to follow if you're not familiar with education, but I promise you, you can obtain a teaching degree to teach votech and career prep courses with different criteria than traditional classroom teachers. It's still regulated and issued by the state dept of ed, but follows different guidelines than core required classes.

I believe when the picture was first posted here, it was said the pic was taken a couple of days before the "incident" in the classroom. I will see if I can find the article that states that.

In this case, the desk picture was taken in January (not February) then.

My Java is turned off so, apparently, I can't multiple quote. Frustrating.
If I turn Java on, I can't scroll without snags and is painfully slow.

Someone brought up that it doesn't take 7 hours to travel to Decatur, are there any rural wooded areas they could be hiding between Shoney's/the gas station and Decatur? I'm wondering if they are hiding close by and they did some shopping for supplies in Decatur, turned on their phones so they'd be pinged, and then headed back to wherever they're hiding? Kind of like doubling back on your tracks. I would guess he's been planning this for some time, wouldn't be hard for him to have made some hideaway for the two of them in preparation. He had months to prepare this. My fear is that she had decided at the last minute not to go with him, it got too real all of a sudden, and he's now angry because she doesn't want to be with him.

If you look under the link under Career Certificate requirements, under Health Sciences you will see different sets of requirements that do NOT require a 4 year degree.

I didn't look. Ok if you say so. I'm done with the teaching certification debate but I can tell you that no one in New Jersey gets a teacher's job with an AAS degree from 15 years prior to their start at the school.

In this case, the desk picture was taken in January (not February) then.

My Java is turned off so, apparently, I can't multiple quote. Frustrating.
If I turn Java on, I can't scroll without snags and is painfully slow.

I wonder if that was before or after January 23rd - or the day of.

Destany Parrish says when she was at Culleoka Unit School, her health sciences teacher Tad Cummins was not just an educator and a mentor, she also considered him a close friend.

"I know that I trusted him with everything that I had when I was in school," Parrish said.

Parrish's parents were going through a divorce at the time, and for her, Cummins was always a listening ear.

It was 2011. Parrish was 15 at the time. She said Cummins kept in touch years after she graduated. She had planned to visit his classroom last October, but ended up running into him at a grocery store briefly last fall.
Parrish said she would go to Cummins' room after school and he would often take her to services at the Destiny Church in Columbia. Thomas would also attend Destiny Church with the family of Elizabeth Thomas.
But there was at least one incident which now seems like a red flag. Cummins' classroom had become a popular lunchtime hangout spot for some students. Parrish said a large number of students would go to his class, which they considered a safe place to do whatever they wanted.
"He told us all one day that the office had gotten on to him and that we all had to go back to the lunch room because that's where we're supposed to be anyway," Parrish recalled. "Everybody left and I got my bag and got ready to leave, and he said the office hadn't said anything to him, he just didn't want that many kids in his room. It just ended up being he and I chilling in there. I would go there after school."Parrish maintains things never got inappropriate with Cummins.

Looking back, her mother said she feels anger and guilt that she wasn't there to see the signs.

Sounds like he was grooming her in 2011 only she didn't take the bait
http://www.wsmv.com/story/34977042/...udent-discusses-close-friendship-with-teacher

( Sent from WSMV )

The interview with the older sister said she changed her status to "married" with the ring after she left. Do they know when she made that change? I know Gatlinburg has been discussed and it is a wedding destination.

How do you know she changed it? Maybe he did as an FU to the school and everyone involved that caused him to lose his job. According to the docs that was posted of his employee file he was a webmaster, he designed and created many websites that were listed in the file. LE found computer searches of teen marriages on his PC. Everyone just assumes she changed it. This guy was after her and lured her in. I believe he's become unhinged which is scary. No where in that file was he a former CIA, FBI, or in special forces. He did go to Panama to help the medically needy and Louisiana to help Katrina victims. He was a real humanitarian kind of guy. Cough cough.

I didn't look. Ok if you say so. I'm done with the teaching certification debate but I can tell you that no one in New Jersey gets a teacher's job with an AAS degree from 15 years prior to their start at the school.

That's not true. I happen to know that NJ is one of the states that does allow alternative routes to licensure for teachers who teach specifically votech and/or career prep courses.

I don't think it makes sense to keep going round and round, but I am trying to help people understand that while the school is liable for their response to the allegations (which was obviously grossly negligent), they did not pick someone off the streets. They used the certification process outlined by the TN Dept of Education, which is the same system which applies to every state which has to meet the broader expectations of the US Dept of Ed. I have my Masters Degree in Educational Administration with a curriculum focus and a Professional Certificate in Secondary Education and, while the average person may not be aware that votech certification for teaching is different, it just is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member