Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would like to know who the other candidates were and if they had a BS degree or were more qualified than him - or was this position initially given to him.

There's an article from the family saying It was a few days before they left. I'll look for the link

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

The timing doesn't make sense if we are thinking about the same picture (desk).

Well, I would like to know who the other candidates were and if they had a BS degree or were more qualified than him - or was this position initially given to him.

I would too. I think that's the right question.:) But sometimes with niche courses like that, there isn't a lot of competition. As I mentioned, they could also have used a variance rather than a votech type path to certification...or maybe he did further coursework and obtained a degree not reflected in the released docs...which could come out too. It will be interesting to hear more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its discussed in an article as well let me see if I can find a link. Maybe that will clear it up. But yes he was talking about the picture of Tad and ET at school.

To let the creep know they were on to him and would find him "off the grid" even if he thinks he's clever enough to hide?

IDK.

I think they could live off the grid for awhile. Go to some remote place, get seasonal work for cash in places where people aren't apt to report others. Could be done.

I also think they will be found. What I'm hoping is the ET decides life on the run is no fun and contacts her family.

jmo

The problem is that he has isolated her. Her phone is off, not charged, or has been discarded. He drives, she does not. If they are somewhere remote-ish, she will not be able to get away, nor call for help.

I had thought some time back that she will need feminine hygiene products for that inevitability and that might drive them to come out and shop, if neither of them thought of that ahead of time. I am hoping that they'll be spotted on a shopping trip. I don't see them living off fish and squirrels. They'll come out and buy groceries sooner or later.
He's been married for decades. I'm sure he thought of this.

Someone brought up that it doesn't take 7 hours to travel to Decatur, are there any rural wooded areas they could be hiding between Shoney's/the gas station and Decatur? I'm wondering if they are hiding close by and they did some shopping for supplies in Decatur, turned on their phones so they'd be pinged, and then headed back to wherever they're hiding? Kind of like doubling back on your tracks. I would guess he's been planning this for some time, wouldn't be hard for him to have made some hideaway for the two of them in preparation. He had months to prepare this. My fear is that she had decided at the last minute not to go with him, it got too real all of a sudden, and he's now angry because she doesn't want to be with him.

I agree!!! Close enough from where he lived to have traveled and set things up for them. He may have purchased a hunters cabin off of craigslist and paid cash, he probably has a 401K with the school system, has anyone checked the balance? Has his wife noticed anything missing that could have been pawned. Does she know what clothes he took?

I agree! That money won't last forever and with summer coming up soon (I pray they are found way before that!) there will be a lot more people using campgrounds, holiday destinations, going hiking and sightseeing, etc. and there will be many more people around to spot them. If it takes that long, hopefully there will be more flyers and focus on this too. So worst case senario, they stay concealed until summer, but on the positive side, his money may be running low, and there will be fewer places to hide. The important thing is that the media keeps up the exposure and pressure.

I was thinking the same. She had an in-school suspension that meant she was transferred to another class. But then her father said she told him she was still in his class.

He put a microwave only she could use in the classroom also here's the tweet from Josh Devine Channel 4 WSMV

[video=twitter;844278267909750785]https://twitter.com/TBIJoshDeVine/status/844278267909750785[/video]

Can't see the tweet, but thanks.
I wonder how he kept others from using the microwave.
If true, no wonder the other kids were getting mad/suspicious when they saw ET using the microwave but, when they asked, were told "no".

The problem is that he has isolated her. Her phone is off, not charged, or has been discarded. He drives, she does not. If they are somewhere remote-ish, she will not be able to get away, nor call for help.

Yes, I'm thinking they ditched the phones. If she wants to reach out, it's going to have to be through a note slipped to someone or something like that.

jmo

I thought I read somewhere that TC and ET entered in Alabama from Georgia. Like they went down towards and into Georgia and then crosses the state line from Georgia to Alabama. Could it be possible taking back roads and maybe making a few stops that it could have taken a few hours? I know from driving from here in Alabama to Connecticut to visit family, sometimes my gps will take me through the top left corner of Georgia and then into Tennessee.

Also, could they have had a storage of some kind where they stopped to pack any belongings they might have put together for this get away and that could have added to the time?

Did anyone see the news clip today interviewing a former colleague of Mr Cummins when he worked in a clinic . I just caught the bit where he was saying he was a narcissist and liked to be in authority. This case is really sad. To see all the abuse she went through and now to be with some creep whether willingly or not willingly. Just hope he will be in jail soon and she will be safe and hopefully get the help needed with her self esteem issues.

That's not true. I happen to know that NJ is one of the states that does allow alternative routes to licensure for teachers who teach specifically votech and/or career prep courses.

I don't think it makes sense to keep going round and round, but I am trying to help people understand that while the school is liable for their response to the allegations (which was obviously grossly negligent), they did not pick someone off the streets. They used the certification process outlined by the TN Dept of Education, which is the same system which applies to every state which has to meet the broader expectations of the US Dept of Ed. I have my Masters Degree in Educational Administration with a curriculum focus and a Professional Certificate in Secondary Education and, while the average person may not be aware that votech certification for teaching is different, it just is.

Not only does NJ allow for licensure through alternative methods to those who don't hold bachelor's degrees (called the Provisional Teacher Process), they also have method for licensing that don't require legal citizenship, which means you may have someone in the classroom that hasn't been fully checked by the FBI. If an american citizen applies for a teaching job they must have a full background check, including a criminal check through the FBI as well as the local law offices and any other places the applicant has lived within the prior 5 years. The state of NJ waives this background requirement for those who are not US Citizens. Just an FYI and a real surprise to me as well!

Did anyone see the news clip today interviewing a former colleague of Mr Cummins when he worked in a clinic . I just caught the bit where he was saying he was a narcissist and liked to be in authority. This case is really sad. To see all the abuse she went through and now to be with some creep whether willingly or not willingly. Just hope he will be in jail soon and she will be safe and hopefully get the help needed with her self esteem issues.

Do you remember where you saw this clip? I'd like to see it too.

I was thinking the same. She had an in-school suspension that meant she was transferred to another class. But then her father said she told him she was still in his class.

He was ousted without pay the first week (well, Monday was the 6th) of February, right?
He had over a month free from the time he left the classroom to when he fled and took ET with him. He had a whole month free to plot and plan.
Pictures taken in the classroom could not have been later than the beginning of February though.

Random thought that came to me today--have any former kidnap victims offered to help? As in, put the word out to Beth to encourage her to come home if she can, and to stay strong? I'm thinking of people like Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Duggard. Just my own thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I thought I read somewhere that TC and ET entered in Alabama from Georgia. Like they went down towards and into Georgia and then crosses the state line from Georgia to Alabama. Could it be possible taking back roads and maybe making a few stops that it could have taken a few hours? I know from driving from here in Alabama to Connecticut to visit family, sometimes my gps will take me through the top left corner of Georgia and then into Tennessee.

Also, could they have had a storage of some kind where they stopped to pack any belongings they might have put together for this get away and that could have added to the time?

I thought this too. What if they had a second vehicle (I had mentioned his other car, a Jeep) loaded with stuff waiting for them at a parking garage or other location? They could possibly drop one car off in an obscure place and pick another up.

The one thing I feel like people can't avoid, no matter how calculated their planning, is possibly being picked up by a camera at a store, house, trail, or even on someone's phone.

Is there a storage unit or parking garage somewhere between their town and Decatur where they are on camera switching vehicle?

I think what people are forgetting is this is a SMALL RURAL town... in TENNESSEE. Lots of differences there than other areas....

Culleoka is an unincorporated community of roughly 5,000 residents in the southeastern corner of Maury County, Tennessee. Located southeast of Columbia. Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay