Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it, questions usually, not always I suppose, are formed based on assumptions and/or opinions.

I appreciate the opportunity to explain why I had it in my post if it was a concern for you.

The above is my opinion only.

I think it makes good sense to state something is your opinion in every post whether it is a question or not. TOs are nasty critters!

In my experience it has been pretty easy to get a birth certificate, but he would need to be her father for that. Also if you go somewhere or travel specific ways, you need a notarized letter from the other parent to travel with your own child. Of course you can always find a notary that won't require ID. I've had people notarize for me before and never asked for ID and said they didn't need it when I offered.

Even he could have become a notary and notarized a forged letter. It just depends on how much he checked into things.

Yep Dateline did a special on this you can go on Craigslist and get very good fake documents, DL, passport, resumes, BC'd etc. some looked very authentic.

If he had her birth certificate and some sort of ID, could he had gotten her a passport months in advance?

You have to do that in person (at least I had to for my sons) and the birth certificate indicates the parents. If he is not listed as the parent, he would have a hard time getting that approved. Again, this is from my experience and things might have changed.

A requirement, while not always followed, is to have a letter from a parent if taking a minor out of the country.

He could have gone through those steps but that is very risky.

Would that SUV be rugged enough to get over? A couple of people posted yesterday from Texas Mexico border you can literally walk over by foot with no border patrol agent. It may have gotten stricter with Trump
There are so many areas in TX that aren't monitored. It is rough crossing though physically, also dangerous with other things.

There are some areas that are very close to the border where people go through the yards of people. I saw a woman that leaves a cooler with water out for people crossing in. Not sure that people crossing leaving the country would get as much attention. That is on foot though.

There are places you can cross through undetected, most are pretty hard. The people that bring people to the border to cross in illegally, many have regular trucks.

DO they snap pictures of all plates or just vehicles without a toll transponder? Seems odd they would snap photos of every plate and even if every plate were captured that they would compile data and run searches on it.
JUST my opinion

You either need a preloaded Sun Pass (which is registered to your tag) or you are charged "toll by plate," where a photo is snapped of your tag/back of your vehicle each time you pass through a tolling location and then a bill is mailed to the registered vehicle owner (which includes the photos). If you pass through a tolling station with enough funds in your Sun Pass account, a photo is not taken.

Either way, though, the Florida Department of Transportation has a record of the date, time, and location of every toll charged to every vehicle on our toll roads.

They aren't getting anywhere near Miami without their vehicle being charged for tolls.

We had a case locally, a young man was lying about his identity to stay in the us and go to school. Long story short the authorities found out, but he actually got into school and received a lot of his documents based of a baptism record his "host" family supplied. His fake name is Asher Potts If you want to google the logistics. With TC's experience in the church think he could make her a baptism record?

Or they could've lifted the passport of a similar aged friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How soon would they have needed to leave the country before he was on a list?

I would think that was a ticking clock and it seems, initially, he was in no hurry to get to an international airport.

I guess they could have been on their way to the Birmingham airport which has an international fight I believe.

You either need a preloaded Sun Pass (which is registered to your tag) or you are charged "toll by plate," where a photo is snapped of your tag/back of your vehicle each time you pass through a tolling location and then a bill is mailed to the registered vehicle owner (which includes the photos). If you pass through a tolling station with enough funds in your Sun Pass account, a photo is not taken.

Either way, though, the Florida Department of Transportation has a record of the date, time, and location of every toll charged to every vehicle on our toll roads.

They aren't getting anywhere near Miami without their vehicle being charged for tolls.
How close could they get without tolls? Possible to get close enough and Uber into Miami?

Thank you I was trying to remember I have sun pass so was not sure how it works for outhers I did remember getting a photo of my license. Plate and rage in the mail right after I got sun pass because my hubby forgot to load it

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt that the exotic places of their online fantasies have become their reality! I am picturing Motel 6's every few days on a trip with no destination, trying to stay off of the interstates.........JMO

About a week ago, I pulled (legally/lawfully) all of the timestamp metadata and photo caption text and uploaded
to pastebin in case anyone can utilize them.

Please note: All times in the dumps are UTC. You will need to convert to local time
(UTC-6) for Central Standard Time. I think March 12 and 13th are UTC-5 due to daylight
savings.

Tad Cummins:
https://pastebin.com/dASiFhvP

Elizabeth Thomas:
https://pastebin.com/M2gHaz89

I have the full JSON output for each post (which includes likes and other comments), but haven't processed them yet. If there is an interest, let me know.

I'm not familiar with Mexico or Central America - but - are there countries that would consider her an adult at 15, and refuse to do anything about the relationship? Especially if they were married?

That is a very good question.

I think it would come down to him being a US fugitive and the Costa Rican government wanting to work with the US.

We had a case locally, a young man was lying about his identity to stay in the us and go to school. Long story short the authorities found out, but he actually got into school and received a lot of his documents based of a baptism record his "host" family supplied. His fake name is Asher Potts If you want to google the logistics. With TC's experience in the church think he could make her a baptism record?
That is very possible. Here in AL you can get a State non-driving ID with numerous documents that you could easily forge.

I seriously doubt that the exotic places of their online fantasies have become their reality! I am picturing Motel 6's every few days on a trip with no destination, trying to stay off of the interstates.........JMO

Totally agree! I think those Instagram posts of exotic locations were to mislead people. I think they are holed up close to home, actually.

Some on earlier thread suggested it was an attempt to control the timeline and give them time to get away before alerting LE. Apparently LE was alerted earlier.

Apparently LE wasn't too alerted, because regardless of what the wife may have told police, the police never went to ET's home to see if she was missing. And when her family reported her missing, they initially thought she was a runaway?

About a week ago, I pulled (legally/lawfully) all of the timestamp metadata and photo caption text and uploaded
to pastebin in case anyone can utilize them.

Please note: All times in the dumps are UTC. You will need to convert to local time
(UTC-6) for Central Standard Time. I think March 12 and 13th are UTC-5 due to daylight
savings.

Tad Cummins:
https://pastebin.com/dASiFhvP

Elizabeth Thomas:
https://pastebin.com/M2gHaz89

I have the full JSON output for each post (which includes likes and other comments), but haven't processed them yet. If there is an interest, let me know.

Great job thank you [emoji4]

I agree. I think people are beginning to romanticize this just a bit! Lol

How close could they get without tolls? Possible to get close enough and Uber into Miami?

I know coming from the north there is a route to Naples (on the west coast of Florida) that can be taken avoiding toll roads, but once you head east and then south you're bombarded with tolls.

Taking Uber is a possibility I didn't think of. It would cost a fortune, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt