Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah one person was thinking for a while that it was more of TC not grooming her and him not being a perverted pedophile, but more of a confused trying to help person. They finally said they came to a different conclusion. I think that happened when the email info was released.

Gotcha.

I also think that we may be having some confusion in terms going on here. For example, I've questioned whether Elizabeth went with him willingly, simply because that might make a huge difference in terms of them being found. I've tried to make it clear that my question in no way implies that she is not a victim and he is not a predator, but maybe, to some, that might not have been so clear? I dunno. This is a very touchy subject for most people, and it's easy to misunderstand intent on the internet, imo.

There have been about 1,100 tips but no credible sightings. Law enforcement across the country continue to follow up on leads. but so far, none have been founded.

TBI officials are cautioning the public on "victim blaming" in this case and say that it was a well thought out kidnapping.
The victim blaming comment and the romance comment makes me think that what has been said about many teachers, students and possibly parents, is very likely true.

What I don't understand, is even if a "romance" I do not see adults supporting this. They know a kid can not make that type of clear decision. The kids, yes I can see some of them being ok with it, but not a single adult.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

In the briefing they also discussed that they have updated ET height to 5' and not 5'5 and they are currently trying to get an accurate weight.

They stressed if you think you see them, call 911 immediately. There has been a breakdown in time because people wait to call, then LE cant find the vehicle.

Well I was hoping the presser was going to have some good info.

I missed most of it. Did anyone say anything about making the AA for all states or why they weren't doing that?

I think what I heard was that they sent out a national BOLO.

It seems the PC was called for a few reasons. To inform the locals that this isn't a romantic leaving, in other words she most likely did not go willingly and she's not safe with him. They also called it to let people know that along with calling the tip line, they should also call local LE. Lastly, it was to put another plea out to TC to let her go.

What I don't understand, is even if a "romance" I do not see adults supporting this. They know a kid can not make that type of clear decision. The kids, yes I can see some of them being ok with it, but not a single adult.

I suspect many adults are not wanting to admit that they could share part of the responsibly of ET not being protected. Maybe they noticed something but chose to look the other way, or they justified things they saw because Tad would never do anything like that...he loved his wife, etc.

Gotcha.

I also think that we may be having some confusion in terms going on here. For example, I've questioned whether Elizabeth went with him willingly, simply because that might make a huge difference in terms of them being found. I've tried to make it clear that my question in no way implies that she is not a victim and he is not a predator, but maybe, to some, that might not have been so clear? I dunno. This is a very touchy subject for most people, and it's easy to misunderstand intent on the internet, imo.
Oh no, what we were talking about was beyond "going willingly". I think most people understand that a child can decide to go willingly but they are a victim and the adult is wrong.

One of the big problems though, TN has that crazy law that says a child as young as 13 I believe, can decide to leave with and adult if they don't want to live at home anymore. That is just nuts.

I wish somebody would ask questions about how the vehicle is being sought. Are they trying to track it with Nissanconnect? Is there a possibility that could have been disconnected? If it's not able to be disconnected, does locating it require that the key is in the ignition? Does it just require that the battery be connected to it? Looking at Nissan's information on it, it appears that Nissan runs tracking for 14 days and will extend that time if requested.

I believe they have said they don't want to give away the ways they are trying to track them but that if it can be done, they have looked into it and came up empty handed.

Presser...."50 year old man kidnaps a 15 year old girl, we have reason to believe she's in danger."

Really!

Those weren't the exact words used in the briefing - about 100 words were used to emphasize "danger".

Do so many people really think that running away with a girl is justified so that LE has to convince us as to the reasons why we should call 911 if we spot them? I mean, just say we desperately want to locate this girl who is with this unrelated/perp of a man - geesh!

They need to return home safely before there can be a trial.

I think what I heard was that they sent out a national BOLO.
But that is only going to go to cops, right? They said they need the public's help, many in other states aren't even aware of this.

Ok, i'll put myself in the hotseat for this one.... because i feel like it may be the only way to find ET. People who 'support' TC will not post on here for getting jumped on by everyone... so we won't get their point of view or reasoning. So i'm going to play devils advocate here and play both sides of the fence. I FULLY believe that since this case is basically stalled, it needs to be looked at from different angles. So we have some bright minds on here.... lets do it. No snarkiness or nastiness needed. Lets look at us as a THINKTANK where all ideas thrown out, as wild as they may be, can be talked about civilly .

So lets start at the beginning: TC's intention: TC has been grooming ET (or possibly others) for his pleasure/attention/sex..... to what end?
Do you think he went into this knowing he'd have to run? or did he get too cocky and get caught that forced his hand?
Is he the type that could have kept it 'secret' forever and just had a secret life going on for years... and planned on staying married and continuing his side perversions?

I feel like they have read this board and, then, had a press conference. We have known, probably since the 2nd day, that they had ET's height wrong. Now, they are also picking up on the previously posted Central America data. I'm sorry, but I still have a low opinion of TN TBI after poor Holly Bobo.

People who were friends of his and or admired him have a dilemma...............if they can blame the child, they don't feel contaminated by his crime and don't feel like the enablers that they are. If they face the reality of his deception, they feel complicit. There is NO WAY that his behavior was not noticed. But everyone kept looking away. SHAMEFUL. JMO

I am not sure how overt people were of their observations of any potential cues of inappropriate behavior. If any were heard, the natural response, based on Tad's image, would be to question the validity of such comments.

Until recently, it seems practically everyone that knew him had a reasonably high respect for him.

I would not think close friends are in a dilemma at this point. It is possible they can support the man they thought they knew but not support his actions.

I have supported friends that have made terrible decisions (not this bad) while making it clear that I do not support their actions. When I say support, I am not saying enable or ignore their actions. It is simply, I will try to walk through a recovery with you because I know who you once were.

The above is my opinion only.

I feel like they have read this board and, then, had a press conference. We have known, probably since the 2nd day, that they had ET's height wrong. Now, they are also picking up on the previously posted Central America data. I'm sorry, but I still have a low opinion of TN TBI after poor Holly Bobo.

I agree, completely!

It amazes me how efficient WS users are with getting information. I read news articles and they are just now breaking information that we knew 1.5 weeks ago. It's actually frustrating to see the lack of investigation and research some of these journalist do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member