Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed a daily mail link..

Oh the singing video..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I feel bad for Destiny. It is so disconcerting when you have to reevaluate something you once thought was pure and good. She must feel like the rug has been torn out from under her.

She's a lucky one. She escaped a monster.

Well she doesn't face charges for running away, but he does for harboring a runaway.

Here's what I wrote earlier as to the possible charges:

1. Harboring a runaway - a misdemeanor, in TN. Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-15-0414. Up to 11 months in jail.
http://search.mleesmith.com/tca/39-15-0400.html
2. Aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor - a class B felony in TN. Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-17-1005. 8-30 years in prison.
https://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/t...20Offenses.pdf
3. Aggravated kidnapping - a class B felony in TN. Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-13-304. 8-30 years in prison. I think this applies ( i could be wrong) because he physically removed the child from her home by fraud (if it can be shown that he convinced her they could get married, for example), with the intent to commit sexual assault on her. http://www.helpingclients.com/Crimin...isonment.shtml
4. Kidnapping - federal charge.18 U.S. Code section 1201. 20 years to life sentence. This occurs if someone "unlawfully seizes, confines, inveigles, decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person, except in the case of a minor by the parent thereof, when—(1)the person is willfully transported in interstate or foreign commerce, regardless of whether the person was alive when transported across a State boundary, or the offender travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses the mail or any means, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in committing or in furtherance of the commission of the offense".Inveigles means persuades, so if he persuades a minor to cross state lines, he can be charged federally for kidnapping.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201
5. Transportation of a minor - 18 U.S. Code section 2423 - Up to 30 years or 10 years to life.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2423
6. Coercion and enticement - 18 U.S. Code section 2422 - up to 20 years.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2422

You're right!

:(:(:(

I have heard no evidence that TC is involved in sex trafficking, and I think it's highly unlikely that he is. So most of those would not apply. Based on what we know now, #1 is the only thing that he could for sure be convicted of. Though, I suspect there will be some additional charges.

I have heard no evidence that TC is involved in sex trafficking, and I think it's highly unlikely that he is. So most of those would not apply. Based on what we know now, #1 is the only thing that he could for sure be convicted of. Though, I suspect there will be some additional charges.

Pretty sure aggravated kidknapping applies because of the firearms in his possession at the time...

If Kat is going to be looking in on us tonight, I have some questions for her about Elizabeth's health history.
As an RN with nearly 40 years of experience (including more than three years working at the county jail as the nurse for 300 inmates), I know that both current state of health and health history can be key in knowing both the state of the patient's current health and possible predictors of future issues or problems. With this in mind, Kat, if you are able to answer a few questions the answers could be more helpful than anyone can know. My questions are:
We know Elizabeth wears glasses for poor vision and that she has wheat and tomato allergies. Does she have any other allergies to medicines, pollen, metals, latex, iodine, etc.? Does she have asthma or any trouble breathing? Frequent coughing, clearing of the throat, ear infections?
What surgeries has she had?
Does she have any scars, surgical or otherwise? Any scars on the face, neck, hands, or legs, parts that can be seen by the public?
Is her skin sensitive where she breaks out in rashes or sores?
Does she get really bad monthly cramps where she misses school or has to take medicines for it?
Left handed, correct?
Any other current health history?
Thank you for any input you can tell us. I hope your dear sister comes home safely---and soon! We are all pulling for Elizabeth and you and all that love her.

TBI said it's a serious crime. He'd better get her back home...and soon!

I kind of got the impression from the presser they were stressing how this wasn't a romantic, helping her situation because they likely think maybe some might be helping TC or have helped him.

I listened to the presser again and just could not pick up the fact that they believed someone was helping him.

Yeah, uh, just an anomaly, right? This is a one-off, a mid-life crisis, he just got a "teeny" bit over his head, right?

Gross. Total predator. Had been doing it for awhile. I bet he has a few victims.

It really makes you wonder how long he had been doing stuff like this and if there were any other accusations that the school district neglected to take seriously. I'd hate to find out that they had covered for him in the past.

I don't know his training on that and the depth of his knowledge, but.. If he has a lot of knowledge in that area, it could really make it harder to track him down, I would think.

I have been unable to find anything to indicate he had formal forensics training. But it isn't unusual to find those classes in high school and they are easy to teach because they are not terribly detailed, fingerprinting some blood work etc. There are lesson plans and kits available. I used a program to teach forensics to my homeschoolers too. Based on what I know about those HS curriculums, I wouldn't think that it would help him on the run.

Also...not to be a music critic or anything, but the lyrics could have been written by a prepubescent boy. He's ummm...getting lost in the oceans inside her eyes, and he can't find the side...of her eye, I guess? I dunno.

I need to go to bed.

Destiny talks about being close to him, being able to tell him everything. That is very similar to the description the parent of the child that reported him, gave.

This is why I'm not sure he has been someone that has known he was attracted to young girls or not.

Couple of things.. His two professions, working with patients in the medical field and teaching.

Both of those professions take people that really care about others and like to deal face to face with others and like to help.

Was there something deep inside he knew that he was fighting? Or was it something where he really thought he was being one of those people that could make a difference in people's lives? Where the attention of young cute girls got to him?

People tend to think narcissists don't have fragile egos, but the opposite is actually true. It is why they can't handle not being the smartest in the room.

I'm still unsure if he knowingly set out to find a young girl or if he didn't comprehend he was really searching for young girls and thinks ET is "something I never planned but age doesn't matter and many years ago very young girls normally married older men" kind of thing.

In other words, him lying to himself and really not knowing what was brewing inside himself.

Yeah, uh, just an anomaly, right? This is a one-off, a mid-life crisis, he just got a "teeny" bit over his head, right?

Gross. Total predator. Had been doing it for awhile. I bet he has a few victims.

Agree. And sure would like to know what a forensic search of his computer shows. It's good to see you here. You and Family have been in my thoughts.

I also am not buying into the he had help theory.
Here's why-
I don't think Tad was smart and savvy enough to reach the dark net. If he was, the TBI wouldn't be pulling info out of his computers right now. He'd have learned how to get rid of it.
Tad likely doesn't see himself as a sexual predator. He might see himself as a boyfriend to ET ( even though we all know better)
So I just can't see him reaching out to sexual predators for help. Even if he did, he's too high risk for most in the underbelly to deal with.
Kidnapping an American girl from American soil is bound to draw major attention. These folk surely wouldn't want anything to do with a highly publicized case, they wouldn't want the attention drawn to themselves.
But I don't think he'd even know how to reach the underbelly anyway. He's not street smart and doesn't appear to be tech savvy either. For goodness sakes he thought it was a good idea to write notes about her body part on the school server using drafts. SMH . But people think he was able to reach the dark net, get accepted and trusted by these people and talk them into helping him hide a girl? I don't think that's likely at all . IMO

I really ​doubt he's had much help at all. He's too much of a risk. If someone had helped him, I think LE would've known by now.

IMO this is all something Tad planned out. Like steelman said in a previous thread, I would bet that he sat home for the past month thinking about this every minute. He was likely hyper focused on planning out every detail. IMO

FANTASY
One new thing I picked up from the new TBI presser was that tc said he had a skill set nobody knew about. The policeman said it was fantasy.

I listened to the presser again and just could not pick up the fact that they believed someone was helping him.
I think they were speaking directly to his supporters when they said that. There is talk the friend likely knows more and isn't telling.

A couple of us got that impression from the presser, but after hearing he had supporters among adults.. I had already come to that conclusion.

I also am not buying into the he had help theory.
Here's why-
I don't think Tad was smart and savvy enough to reach the dark net. If he was, the TBI wouldn't be pulling info out of his computers right now. He'd have learned how to get rid of it.
Tad likely doesn't see himself as a sexual predator. He might see himself as a boyfriend to ET ( even though we all know better)
So I just can't see him reaching out to sexual predators for help. Even if he did, he's too high risk for most in the underbelly to deal with.
Kidnapping an American girl from American soil is bound to draw major attention. These folk surely wouldn't want anything to do with a highly publicized case, they wouldn't want the attention drawn to themselves.
But I don't think he'd even know how to reach the underbelly anyway. He's not street smart and doesn't appear to be tech savvy either. For goodness sakes he thought it was a good idea to write notes about her body part on the school server using drafts. SMH . But people think he was able to reach the dark net, get accepted and trusted by these people and talk them into helping him hide a girl? I don't think that's likely at all . IMO

I really ​doubt he's had much help at all. He's too much of a risk. If someone had helped him, I think LE would've known by now.

IMO this is all something Tad planned out. Like steelman said in a previous thread, I would bet that he sat home for the past month thinking about this every minute. He was likely hyper focused on planning out every detail. IMO

What if it was a kid helping him, current or former student. The students seemed to really like him and there are still a group that continues to support him...

Oh I think he was well aware of what was "brewing inside of him". He put himself in a position where he could be closer to finding, scoping out potential victims. His pillar of the community persona is a mask. It's how some present while they live their other life. Same old story......IMO Speaking to how they operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState