Found Deceased TN - Mary Ruth Walker, 69, Maryville, 1 May 2017 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have they brought in cadaver dogs to search the area yet ?

They have searched the property. But did not specify that they used cadaver dogs. I do know they searched her land and the lake at "top of the world". A community right up the road from Mary's home.

Local news article that was put out yesterday in regards to family issues.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...amily-history-of-missing-woman-426012073.html

Yes, thanks. The article/video you referenced above, dated June 2, 2017, talks about Mary Ruth Walker's protective order against the daughter from 2012-2013. At the very end of the article, it states that anyone who has spoken to Mary Ruth Walker since (Thursday) May 4, 2017, should contact the authorities. Previous articles had requested contact information with Mary Ruth after May 1, 2017. So, when exactly was Mary Ruth last seen or heard from: May 1, 2017 -- or May 4, 2017?

The below article/video (dated June 2, 2017) is linked in your article, and is from an interview with Mary Ruth Walker's sister, Dorothy Knouff. (In my opinion, and reading between the lines, I believe her sister suspects that someone close to MRW is responsible for her disappearance. I agree. This is no random abduction.)

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...g-sister-pleads-for-her-return-425843074.html

Yes, thanks. The article/video you referenced above, dated June 2, 2017, talks about Mary Ruth Walker's protective order against the daughter from 2012-2013. At the very end of the article, it states that anyone who has spoken to Mary Ruth Walker since (Thursday) May 4, 2017, should contact the authorities. Previous articles had requested contact information with Mary Ruth after May 1, 2017. So, when exactly was Mary Ruth last seen or heard from: May 1, 2017 -- or May 4, 2017?

The below article/video (dated June 2, 2017) is linked in your article, and is from an interview with Mary Ruth Walker's sister, Dorothy Knouff. (In my opinion, and reading between the lines, I believe her sister suspects that someone close to MRW is responsible for her disappearance. I agree. This is no random abduction.)

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...g-sister-pleads-for-her-return-425843074.html

From my knowledge she was last seen on May 4th. I believe the detectives are just trying to talk to anyone who seen her days leading up to the 4th of May, mainly to see if she mentioned anything going on between her and anyone. I believe all of the family suspects foul play, and that it involved a family memeber. Although MRW has been estranged from Dorothy, along with a lot of family for years now. So I don't think that Dorothy has much inside insight.

But the only thing that would make sense, is family. Because absolutely nothing is missing. This is an area that has its FAIR SHARE of drugs. But a druggie wouldn't have killed her and took nothing. But that's just my opinion. I just don't see what many peoples benefits would've been in killing her.

Sadly, just about every area of Tennessee, at this time, has a drug issue. And drug users will steal anything if it puts them a couple bucks closer to more drugs. If there is nothing missing from Mary's home, I would think this is not drug related.

From my knowledge she was last seen on May 4th. I believe the detectives are just trying to talk to anyone who seen her days leading up to the 4th of May, mainly to see if she mentioned anything going on between her and anyone. I believe all of the family suspects foul play, and that it involved a family memeber. Although MRW has been estranged from Dorothy, along with a lot of family for years now. So I don't think that Dorothy has much inside insight.

But the only thing that would make sense, is family. Because absolutely nothing is missing. This is an area that has its FAIR SHARE of drugs. But a druggie wouldn't have killed her and took nothing. But that's just my opinion. I just don't see what many peoples benefits would've been in killing her.

I wonder if there has been any activity with her bank account(s) or credit cards?

No use on credit cards. And word from a credible source on the police force is that there has been a huge move in the case this morning. Although i cannot say yet so that nothing is jeopardized. But will post a link as soon as it's released.

Whoa. The comments. Thank you - that's some pretty detailed info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did notice mom took out the restraining order against her daughter shortly after her husband had passed. ...and then it was said they made up. Hmmm....
So very sad.

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Human-remains-found-in-Blount-County-427520963.html

Sheriff Berrong said Karen Walker Headrick, is charged with criminal homicide and abuse of a corpse.
Investigators said Headrick was taken into custody Friday morning and served with warrants Saturday evening.
Headrick is being held on $1,250,000 bond pending a hearing in Blount County General Sessions Court at 1:30 p.m. June 12.
Authorities said BCSO investigators will release the identity of the deceased at the appropriate time.
The arrest comes after deputies located a burn pile on Headrick’s property that contained human remains.
Throughout the course of the investigation, deputies said investigators located a makeshift grave a short distance away from the burn pile.
Officials said additional evidence found at Headrick’s residence consisted of chemicals that were used in an attempt to conceal the decomposing body.
The remains were found next to the house of Mary Ruth Walker, a 69-year-old woman who went missing more than a month ago, and behind the home of Walker's daughter, Karen Walker.

The girl done killed her momma. I don't get it. Money.

Update on daughter's arraignment today. No mention of her husband's arrest yet. Does anyone have access to Blount County online arrest records?

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...hter-appears-court-homicide-charge/389211001/

"....Karen Walker Headrick, 47, appeared briefly for an arraignment in Blount County General Sessions Court on Monday..........Headrick's case was reset to July 10. She remains jailed in lieu of $1.25 million bond.
Headrick lived in a mobile home owned by her mother on Walker's property and the two women argued often......On April 30, Taggart said, he and another neighbor who had a key to Walker's home called E-911 after they went to check on her and found trash in the kitchen and a broken window......."

Any updates from locals?
Checking Blount County Jail, they don't seem to be up to date on inmate arrests.
http://ois.bcso.com/index.aspx

No real updates. Still hearing husband is in jail. The news had also previously reported that no arrests were made at all, when in fact she was arrested the same day remains were found. I'm not sure why they couldn't release that they had arrested her right away.

As far as the inmate system it's been under matinence for two to three months. So they no longer update the mugshots.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexoing
Back