TN TN - Nashville, I-24 exit 52, Unc/WhtMale 40-65, UP17521, Skeletal, sleeping bag, clothes, Jan'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently they did not find any shoes, or didn't note them if they did. It's very likely that these were given to the UID. It looks like the sizing on the clothes goes from XL on the Tony Hawk hoodie to M for the Dickies. Agree 06 could mean anything and he probably died in the winter but the clothing could provide some frame of reference as to what year.

I almost want to say the second word in the student ministries is Smyrna. But that's only a guess from being local. And no idea what the first word could be. It's probably a donated shirt and a rabbit hole, but it's the only thing I can think of to go on that likely wasn't mass produced.

Apparently they did not find any shoes, or didn't note them if they did. It's very likely that these were given to the UID. It looks like the sizing on the clothes goes from XL on the Tony Hawk hoodie to M for the Dickies. Agree 06 could mean anything and he probably died in the winter but the clothing could provide some frame of reference as to what year.

I almost want to say the second word in the student ministries is Smyrna. But that's only a guess from being local. And no idea what the first word could be. It's probably a donated shirt and a rabbit hole, but it's the only thing I can think of to go on that likely wasn't mass produced.

There is a camp in Tennessee called "Camp Whatever": http://campwhatever.com/about/

Maybe the T-shirt came from a student conference held there?

Some Googling shows that Lifepoint Church in Smyrna, TN has sent their students to Camp Whatever in the past (I found youtube videos from 2011). I don't think I'm allowed to link to the Youtube videos but here is the church website in case it has helpful info: http://lifepointchurch.org/smyrna

It seems to be a huge church with multiple campuses so it might not be of any help...

Since the remains were found by a homeless person I wonder if it is a common spot for the homeless to camp.
There are two recent cases of people being dropped off at the Nashville Rescue Mission and never being seen again after that:

Daniel Greer: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...iel-Greer-24-or-25-Hendersonville-26-Dec-2016
Kenneth Milhomme: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?363933-TN-Kenneth-Milhomme-55-Nashville-4-May-2015

Distance from the Rescue Mission to the Waffle House near the UID is about 3 miles: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/639...60c576cd7efb812!2m2!1d-86.724389!2d36.1358337
Just came across this thread and browsed through it. I think Daniel Greer is an interesting find. In his NamUs, it says „Scars and Marks: scar on right forearm from 2 surgery after 2 skateboarding accidents in high school“. Well, the unidentified person was found with a Tony Hawk sweatshirt. Tony Hawk is THE skateboard pioneer and his clothing brand is very popular amongst skateboarders.

Just came across this thread and browsed through it. I think Daniel Greer is an interesting find. In his NamUs, it says „Scars and Marks: scar on right forearm from 2 surgery after 2 skateboarding accidents in high school“. Well, the unidentified person was found with a Tony Hawk sweatshirt. Tony Hawk is THE skateboard pioneer and his clothing brand is very popular amongst skateboarders.

I agree. I wish whoever brought him to the mission could be located and maybe state what he was wearing or if he had a sleeping bag with him?

I received a response back from Lifepoint Church and Camp Whatever stating "Thank you for reaching out. That was a camp theme of ours in 2006 and it was a shirt that we had that year. A few things that I would like to mention. 1. we don't have records for that year of camp. We only have records from 2012 and up and that was camp of 2006. 2. Most of our camp shirts are donated to Goodwill."

I received a response back from Lifepoint Church and Camp Whatever stating "Thank you for reaching out. That was a camp theme of ours in 2006 and it was a shirt that we had that year. A few things that I would like to mention. 1. we don't have records for that year of camp. We only have records from 2012 and up and that was camp of 2006. 2. Most of our camp shirts are donated to Goodwill."

Wow, that's great that they responded. You should forward that email to investigators.

If the shirt was purchased at goodwill it takes some time for the clothing to spread from one donation point to the next. From the clothing description it looks like a young mans clothes. The brands of clothing are more popular in the skating community for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend contacting Goodwill and asking if they ever pass on some of those tshirt donations to local shelters.

Namus for UP17521 has been updated with a more specific age of 40 - 65 and a broadly estimated height of 5'10" to 6'7" which is pretty useful (not). www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/17521?nav

www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/51117?nav Michael Blackwell missing from Memphis since March 2016 and was under financial pressure. Last seen getting into an unidentified vehicle. I was thinking maybe he wanted to start over in another major city but ended up homeless?

www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/39673?nav Roy Welch missing from Oakdale (145mi away) since 2015 and circumstances are unclear. Reported by sister that she last had contact August 28, 2015 and then amended to Sept 4. So maybe they had infrequent contact or he was reported missing at some later date.

www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/39641?nav Joseph John Williams missing since April 2017 from either Crossville (113 mi from Nashville) or Tazewell (225mi) after he left to work for someone he met on Craigslist. This one seems less likely to me as there is no indication that anyone believes he may have gone off and become homeless.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back