TN TN - Nashville, Wht/HspMale 20-40, UP1544, goatee, crushed w/cardboard from dumpster, Dec'03

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

creepedout

Reaction score
In December 2003, a load of cardboard dumped from a dumpster in Nashville also contained the body of a 20-40 year old Hispanic male who had been crushed to death.

*Morgue image at link*
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1544

With this recognizable of a photo, he should be easy to recognize if he has been reported missing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

I think Nestor is a strong potential to being a match to John Doe. He went missing in Jan 2003 from Kannapolis, NC which is about 6.5 hours driving distance from Nashville. There's a 2 inch height difference although JD's height is estimated. What I found interesting is JD's right ear shows what appears to be a piercing. The hole seems to have a sunken impression as if an earring had been worn tightly for quite some time. IMO, Nestor's thickish hoop earrings look tight enough that they've pressed his earlobes inward a bit (especially visible on his left ear). It could also be shadowing in the photo, I suppose.:oops: It just caught my eye but I know how easy it is to trick ourselves when we really want to see something that might not be there. ;)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

I think Nestor is a strong potential to being a match to John Doe. He went missing in Jan 2003 from Kannapolis, NC which is about 6.5 hours driving distance from Nashville. There's a 2 inch height difference although JD's height is estimated. What I found interesting is JD's right ear shows what appears to be a piercing. The hole seems to have a sunken impression as if an earring had been worn tightly for quite some time. IMO, Nestor's thickish hoop earrings look tight enough that they've pressed his earlobes inward a bit (especially visible on his left ear). It could also be shadowing in the photo, I suppose.:oops: It just caught my eye but I know how easy it is to trick ourselves when we really want to see something that might not be there. ;)
Dbm, wrong John Doe. Nestor still hasn't been excluded as this decedent

An article. Police don't believe he was homeless since he had house keys and possible car keys in his pocket. He may have been drunk though.

Article clipped from The Tennessean
This case is so sad to me. A crushed pelvis is an incredibly painful injury. I can see in his photos that he has severe conjunctival petechia as well. His clothing (3 pairs of pants, no socks??) paired with apparent house keys is strange...wondering if the keys could have been to a storage unit or something similar.
Not a lot of info here but IMO a good identifying factor is his apparent lack of tattoos. Looking thru NamUs for hispanic men, it seems like the majority have tattooing. Hispanic is most likely, but I also expanded my search to Indigenous/Pacific Islanders/Caucasian men just in case. Came up with nothing.

What a horrific tragedy. I hope he is identified, but it will be terrible for his family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CG777@
Back