Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking my spot. Big thanks to kimi and MsM for transcribing/sharing updates! You guys rock!!

FIND NOAH

I was wondering about that too!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Im trying to keep from laughing cause I thought WT? Anyways glad it wasnt just me.
I am trying to stay positive about Noah but does anyone know of a case where a 2 yr old made it 5 days in the woods/wild? Just wondering...He is such a beautiful little boy,still praying and hoping.

Oh my goodness.. I just looked up the temperatures in Celsius (what we go by here in Australia) and I am shocked! Geez that's cold. That poor little boy :( I thought the temperatures must have been warmer when I saw people saying how it was such a lovely 60deg F.. But thats only 15deg C. Obviously I live in a much warmer climate but I just didnt realise it was THAT cold that a 15deg C day would be "warm" lol

Can I ask if it's normal for a little boy to be wearing just a long sleeve shirt and jeans in that sort of weather? Here we would have about 10 layers of clothing, socks, boots, scarfs, gloves, beanies and still be shivering inside. I'm not trying to be negative at all, in fact i believe the grandmother 100%, I'm just wondering if it's normal or not over there?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Here is an article about the average speed at which a toddler walks. Given Noah was able to maneuver through the woods unscathed, how far could he have made it? Considering the family property has been around since noah was born, he must be familiar with going into the woods. Toddlers from what i have read get tired during the day every 6 hours. Did noah already have a nap?

"Frame-by-frame analysis showed those who walked to clock up an average of 2,368 steps an hour and cover 0.44 miles.

They also fell an average of 17 times an hour."

Falling 17 times an hour sounds like a newly walking 1 year old. My 2 year old wouldn't even fall that many times in a day. I also think he could cover more ground faster. I wonder if by toddler they meant 1 year old? 1 to 1.5 to 2 to 2.5 all has such a big difference in ability and it varies from child to child.

Oh my goodness.. I just looked up the temperatures in Celsius (what we go by here in Australia) and I am shocked! Geez that's cold. That poor little boy :( I thought the temperatures must have been warmer when I saw people saying how it was such a lovely 60deg F.. But thats only 15deg C. Obviously I live in a much warmer climate but I just didnt realise it was THAT cold that a 15deg C day would be "warm" lol

Can I ask if it's normal for a little boy to be wearing just a long sleeve shirt and jeans in that sort of weather? Here we would have about 10 layers of clothing, socks, boots, scarfs, gloves, beanies and still be shivering inside. I'm not trying to be negative at all, in fact i believe the grandmother 100%, I'm just wondering if it's normal or not over there?

The day he went missing it was 63degreesF. So that was a very normal and appropriate outfit for him to be wearing.
It has since turned bitterly cold:(

I was wondering about that too!

I believe dumb remarks like "kiss her" and "hit her" were being made by trolls and they were mixed in with the legitimate questions being asked in the comment section. So the reporter responded by saying "no I will not kiss her", etc.

I will say that it probably would have been a bit more professional of her to simply ignore those remarks instead of responding to them, but whatevs.

Lol 15c here in Northern England is almost summer :p

Here is an article about the average speed at which a toddler walks. Given Noah was able to maneuver through the woods unscathed, how far could he have made it? Considering the family property has been around since noah was born, he must be familiar with going into the woods. Toddlers from what i have read get tired during the day every 6 hours. Did noah already have a nap?

"Frame-by-frame analysis showed those who walked to clock up an average of 2,368 steps an hour and cover 0.44 miles.

My youngest is 6 weeks older than Noah, she hasn't had a 'nap' since just before her second birthday (so around 9 months ago) My eldest was also the same. Lots of kids around noahs age dont have naps anymore, however my middle child would still happily sleep 3 hours during the day as a 4-year-old.. I don't think he would have had a nap beforehand unless he was up at stupid-o'clock. Its possible they were about to head back for Noah to have a nap, or maybe grandma figured it was such a nice day he could stay up and just go to bed a bit earlier. The sun seems to go down quite early over there (5pm)

I'd hoped Noah would be found in thread 1, never thought it'd get to thread 2 - c'mon Noah where are you? :(

Right... I didn't want him to have a second thread... this little boy needs to be found already... big thanks to everyone who's working on that. This is so darn sad. :(

I believe dumb remarks like "kiss her" and "hit her" were being made by trolls and they were mixed in with the legitimate questions being asked in the comment section. So the reporter responded by saying "no I will not kiss her", etc.

I will say that it probably would have been a bit more professional of her to simply ignore those remarks instead of responding to them, but whatevs.
That makes sense and I totally agree.

My youngest is 6 weeks older than Noah, she hasn't had a 'nap' since just before her second birthday (so around 9 months ago) My eldest was also the same. Lots of kids around noahs age dont have naps anymore, however my middle child would still happily sleep 3 hours during the day as a 4-year-old.. I don't think he would have had a nap beforehand unless he was up at stupid-o'clock. Its possible they were about to head back for Noah to have a nap, or maybe grandma figured it was such a nice day he could stay up and just go to bed a bit earlier. The sun seems to go down quite early over there (5pm)

My toddler (3 now) never took a nap past 2 either no matter how hard I tried.

We are in mid winter here so it does get dark pretty early this time of year. Has to make it so much more difficult on searchers.

Lol 15c here in Northern England is almost summer [emoji14]
Oh my...
It's a lovely 31c (88f) here today getting up to 35c (95f) later on in the week which is fairly average for this time of year for us (it's summer here). Its not unusual for us to have days as hot as 43c (109f) so when I read about 15c (60f) I shiver! Hence why I asked about the clothing. Amazing how there's different 'normals' for everyone :)

Edit: Article cover the age of 19 months. I could not find any info for a 2.5 year old

2.5 would probably be a bit faster and less likely to fall. A lot depends on the terrain, though, and the specific toddler.

It's too cold out there for a little boy to be out on his own. This hurts my heart.

I thought the same thing. I find 15 Celsius quite cool and need at least a jacket when I go out, maybe even a scarf. Wonder why he only had a shirt on, but I guess when you're used to the climate, 15 C feels mild, and in the sun it might even feel like 20 C.

Rather than going to bed crying myself to sleep again tonight, I'm going to create a positive scenario in my head.

Noah has fallen into a deep hole. It's much warmer in the hole than outside. The average temperature inside a cave is approximately the same as the average year round outside temperature, which is 61 degrees in Pinson.

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-cool-are-caves/
https://temperature.weatherdb.com/l/20487/Pinson-Tennessee

Noah is very weak, but he is still hanging in there because people have been known to survive without water for 8 to 10 days.

http://www.livescience.com/32320-how-long-can-a-person-survive-without-water.html

He'll be found tonight or in the morning by the "best of the best" SAR dogs.

And he'll grow up with one heck of a story to tell his kids.

P.S. Please don't tell me all the ways I'm wrong. I know a sinkhole is not a cave, I know there have been a thousand searchers all over the area, and I know 5 days is too long without water. Let me live in my own little world inside my head and pray for a miracle one more night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman