Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a cat attack is still somewhat unlikely, but it would not be surprising for there to be no evidence even if one happened.

They could/would go for the throat, no slashing or shredding, and they would abscond with their prey immediately to hide it somewhere safe.

But I would think that in the course of absconding with a body, hair and skin cells would end up deposited on the ground, and dogs would pick up the scent.

As well as the search, it is a missing person investigation.

Exactly. Here's the series of tweets:

Kristin Leigh ‏@Fox13Kristin 55m55 minutes ago
The TBI would need a request from District Attorney General Jerry Woodall to open an investigation into Noah Chamberlin's disappearance.

Kristin Leigh ‏@Fox13Kristin 52m52 minutes ago
I contacted D. A. Gen. Woodall.

An office assistant relayed this message: "The sheriff's search & rescue and investigation is continuing."

Kristin Leigh ‏@Fox13Kristin 51m51 minutes ago
As of today, the Chester County SO is the lead on the search for Noah Chamberlin, and the related investigation.

[redacted] 26m26 minutes ago
@Fox13Kristin Can you elaborate on "related investigation"?

Kristin Leigh ‏@Fox13Kristin 16m16 minutes ago
[redacted] the investigation of the child's disappearance. It is NOT a criminal investigation at this point, according to the Sheriff.

This reporter needs some continuing ed as her tweets are clear as mud. :waitasec:

I just don't know what to think anymore. No scent or sign or him whatsoever. While I really don't think there is any foul play involved in relation to the family, I now believe he really isn't in the woods or at least the part where they are searching. He either went ALOT farther than they are searching or could of really been taken. But if he was taken, it would of had to of been a perfect opportunity for someone. I just don't think a kidnapper would be out in that area looking for a child unless that family was being watched before. Also, are they rechecking all the water they cleared before? If he was still mobile when they checked the 1st time, he could of found the water later. Oh my. My heart hurts. Sorry for all my ramblings, but I guess I have too many thoughts of what could of happened to him.

okay, forgive me for this question, but if Noah is deceased how long would it take (in these temperatures) for the body to decompose and start to emit that horrid odor? I just think whatever happened to Noah happened shortly after he disappeared. Maybe he fell into a hole that was pretty deep and hit his head on a rock or some other debris at the bottom of the hole. That could have caused his death immediately or injured his spine and any movement could have proved fatal. I admit I don't know what to think but I just don't feel there was any foul play involved.

Still praying for a miracle and for comfort for Noah's family.

JMO

bbm

I try to explain this w/o being too graphic.

In freezing temperatures a body might not reach the stage of putrefaction (which is when it starts smelling so bad) at all. It depends however on how warm it is during the day in Pinson. The process of decomposition will start/continue in above ~40 degrees F (4 C), and then slow considerably or stop during the night as temperatures plummet to freezing and below as is the case in Pinson right now. In warmer temperatures a body will putrefy after about 4-10 days (depending on how warm it is, whether the body is buried or not, etc), but in this case there might not be a noticeable smell (for humans) for a long time.

Info is near the end of the post you replied to - cats will instinctively go for the throat and strangle.

Do they strike so suddenly that Noah would not have been aware that the animal was near. I'll admit my questions stem from watching TV, but I thought they always growled or something.

Also, if this happened the first night Noah was missing wouldn't he have already been in a sink or tree hole since the searchers never saw or heard him? That should make the attack a little more difficult to catch Noah unaware. I just really don't want to think of this happening.

JMO

I still think he somehow doubled back and crossed the road in front of the house when grandmother was looking for him...it is the only thing that makes sense in my mind is that he is in another direction....I don't understand why they cannot search on the other side of the road. IMO.

I agree, I think all property owners and other volunteer searchers should check the other directions. I would love to know what Noah said to Gma before he disappeared. My grandaughter is exactly the same age as Noah, and she communicates well, if she were hungry she would tell me, and if she wanted a drink or food and I wasnt listening I can see her marching herself back to the house to get something. So what happens if he gets to the home and noone is there to let him in? I also think he may have went a whole different direction.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I assume if something like this had happened, dogs would be hitting a scent and clothing items would've been found.

Cougars/mountain lions have a very heavy overpowering scent which would likely cover a child's scent. Hunters use various wildlife scents; fox urine, etc., on their boots to prevent detection by deer and other game..
Cougars/mountain lions have powerful jaws and go for the head or neck/windpipe which would account for the lack a scream. They would then transport the kill to a well hidden spot/safe haven, up to one half mile away.. Clothing may have not been lost during the attack, but in or around the well hidden safe haven of the Cougar..

I still think he somehow doubled back and crossed the road in front of the house when grandmother was looking for him...it is the only thing that makes sense in my mind is that he is in another direction....I don't understand why they cannot search on the other side of the road. IMO.
Exactly what I think too. And that could be why the dogs haven't got his scent. He went back the way they came down the trail. This case has me so frustrated!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I maybe completely crazy but anyone think there is a chance he climbed up into a tree ?

Cougars/mountain lions have a very heavy overpowering scent which would likely cover a child's scent. Hunters use various wildlife scents; fox urine, etc., on their boots to prevent detection by deer and other game..
Cougars/mountain lions have powerful jaws and go for the head or neck/windpipe which would account for the lack a scream. They would then transport the kill to a well hidden spot/safe haven, up to one half mile away.. Clothing may have not been lost during the attack, but in or around the well hidden safe haven of the Cougar..

I would think there would be evidence of a cougar dragging a body as big as a 2 year old.

Do they strike so suddenly that Noah would not have been aware that the animal was near. I'll admit my questions stem from watching TV, but I thought they always growled or something.

Also, if this happened the first night Noah was missing wouldn't he have already been in a sink or tree hole since the searchers never saw or heard him? That should make the attack a little more difficult to catch Noah unaware. I just really don't want to think of this happening.

JMO

Dont they usually grab them from the back of the neck and pretty much break their spines rendering them silent right away.? Which is why people with back packs have occasionally been saved due to the back pack being on their neck area. Not trying to be gross but that's pretty much what I have been told and read. So no noise at all, and then something fairly smallish would just be lifted up, off the ground and ran with until they went to their hidey hole place etc.

Exactly what I think too. And that could be why the dogs haven't got his scent. He went back the way they came down the trail. This case has me so frustrated!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Certainly makes sense to me.

JMO

No, they are incredibly quiet. They are great hunters and a growl would cause prey to run. Definitely don't believe the movies!

I admit it, I fell asleep as predicted at my keyboard. Who knew Pete's :coffeews: doesn't work 100% of the time after this many nights of insomnia?

Well, I'm up to brew another pot, but my eldest has zero period and then the youngest is off to school. I'll be back online to work on the transcription (because I agree it needs to be on the thread - this is an excellent point).

Thank y'all for the words of encouragement. It's raining here again. I'm grateful it isn't bitterly cold as it is in Pinson and in many other places in the US.

I won't get into the wild possibilities swirling in my head right now. Need coffee! Besides, there has to be a reason that local LE is handling this the way they are. I'm putting my faith in what's being said (and not being said).

ETA: every single searcher (and anyone who has lent a helping hand in support) is an angel on earth. This is what is means to care, and my faith in humanity has been restored by the community response. I just want (more than anything) for Noah to come home to his family so he can grow up with his sister, and be a part of his family again. :please:

#FindNoah
:candle:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all of the transcripts, Kimi. I've went back to read them so many times. You are an earth angel! Your hard work is appreciated.
Bless all of the LE, searchers and the family. They all must be exhausted physically and mentally at this point but they press on. Is ground penetrating radar available? I *think* thats what it's called. Is it too expensive to use for this or would it be something readily available? I don't know much about this subject. :thinking: JMO.

all I can think of is the terrible 2's..........I would think if he saw his gram leaving him while he was in the woods (if he could see her while she screamed his name) that he would be having a fit.

Great info Foxfire but if Noah was attacked by an animal wouldn't he have cried out with fear? Since the searchers have been in those woods constantly since the disappearance wouldn't they have heard something? Even if Noah was afraid to call out when he heard strangers calling his name surely he would if he was attacked.

Ive worried about a mountain lion attack too because I've heard of them grabbing their prey by the throat and carrying them off before eating them. Which could explain the lack of cries and evidence of an attack in the area, especially with a toddler, even if he had seen the cougar about to attack
It probably wouldn't have prompted a scared response from the little boy because to him it would have likely just looked like an overgrown house pet and if it grabbed him by the throat he could have been dead before he even realized what was happening. I really hope that if he was attacked by a predator that it happened quickly and was over before he could feel any pain. It still seems like a much less likely option to me because of the chances of a mountain lion being that close to a residence in the middle of the day and just happening upon the little boy right as the gramma lost sight of him(I'm guessing it would have had to have happened soon or the dogs would have probably been able to follow the scent to where he was attacked) and animals are smart, for them to risk attacking a human child who probably had the scent of several other people on him from playing and being held and carried a lot just seems like a pretty risky and desperate move for an animal living in the woods, unless there's a shortage of easier prey in that area I can't imagine an animal taking that risk. It just seems much less likely than Noah wandering in a different direction into the arms of a human predator or fallen somewhere out of sight pretty close to where he went missing. Of course I'm not qualified to speak on this subject at all, these are just my thoughts. The lack of scent or much of any evidence that he was in the woods is puzzling.

Kristin LeighVerified account ‏@Fox13Kristin 1m1 minute ago
Multiple neighbors of Noah Chamberlin's parents in Beech Bluff told me they've been questioned by the FBI. #FindNoah

[video=twitter;689528235391127554]https://twitter.com/Fox13Kristin/status/689528235391127554[/video]

animal attack? but no blood, no clothing, no scent, nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico