Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read everything out there. I just wonder when was the last time Noah was seen by a non family member ? I am not saying they are not telling the truth . At this point things are just so strange. It is like he just vanished . Praying for this family.

This is exactly why we can discount a cougar attack. Even though a victim may not be able to call for help, the attack itself is loud. A cougar would have a difficult time carrying 30 pounds in their mouth, would be spooked by the grandmother yelling for Noah, would leave behind evidence of dragging, articles of clothing and a diaper, and a lot of blood.

That is NOT correct. Cougars aren't spooked by much of anything and certainly not by humans. The attack is instant. The cougar is silent. Little blood from a broken neck. They carry dogs over six foot fences. They fell 700 pound elk and considerably larger moose. Any evidence such as a small amount of blood would be invisible on the thick forest floor. IMO

I have not read everything out there. I just wonder when was the last time Noah was seen by a non family member ? I am not saying they are not telling the truth . At this point things are just so strange. It is like he just vanished . Praying for this family.

I say every option needs to be considered JMO

I do not think Cougar attack, they shake their prey and a blood trail would more then likely be evident, plus remains would be left. We just had a Cougar attack on a dog, actually probably smaller then lil Noah and it is the norm http://kdvr.com/2016/01/18/wild-animal-kills-family-pet-in-castle-rock-was-it-a-mountain-lion/, blood trail and remains at end of trail. Imho

I think the snow helped in this case, and the fact that the dogs owners were out there quickly to look for their dog, possibly scaring off the lion. I'm not sure that blood is always noticeable but Im not the expert either. Would scent dogs even pick up on blood? Just wondering, also, maybe they should get some luminol in the area if they think thats a possibility.

I wonder if a dog can track a cougar to it's den? Are there specially trained dogs for situations like this?

They sure can. On that show Mountain Men on the history channel that is what one of the guys on the show does. His dog tracks them to order to catch them and remove them out of areas close to humans/homes.

"Rich and his hounds track Rich's nemesis, the killer mountain lion Three-Toes, across the length of Montana's Ruby Valley."

There is an assumption on the board that across from the house hasn't been checked. Unless I missed this being said, I would assume it has been checked. LE has protocols for these kinds of searches and this sheriff seems to be thorough.

I'm hoping that the neighboring houses were searched, preferably with dogs, but there hasn't been any mention in msm about it. What we do know is that grandma's house was searched, locals were asked to check their property, including outbuildings, and that the FBI has interviewed the neighbors. Also, all sex offenders in the area were checked out thoroughly by LE early on.

If this has been addressed, please forgive for the duplication, but I haven't read it anywhere. I'm curious about a business you can see on the maps. Is United Cycle Assessories the family business? Wondering about the possibility of there being customers who come out to that location. Just thinking about people (strangers) who might have been in a close proximity to the home when Noah went missing.

It looks like that business changed locations a year or two ago, perhaps. And then I think it closed down completely.

I still think he somehow doubled back and crossed the road in front of the house when grandmother was looking for him...it is the only thing that makes sense in my mind is that he is in another direction....I don't understand why they cannot search on the other side of the road. IMO.

I am hoping areas across the street were checked! If not...then that is a huge mistake, IMO.

This is what bothers me...I have a 2 yr old son. Anytime we are out of my house and he doesn't see me or Daddy or his siblings he starts freaking out---crying, yelling for us. I don't understand how even 15 mins had gone by and this little one didn't make one noise or answer when his grandmother was calling. Especially if he was hurt...he'd be screaming. My  is broken.

All children are different. I've seen some that don't want to leave their parents side. And others who will just run off and not be afraid at all. We don't know Noah's personality at all.

I say every option needs to be considered JMO

I'm pretty sure all options are being considered, regardless of what Sheriff Weaver is saying. From past cases we know that when a child goes missing parallel investigations are opened; while SAR looks for the child LE begins interviewing the caregivers and investigates other avenues, like RSO's. And in Noah's case Tennessee Wildlife is involved so they're been exploring the possibility of an animal attack too.

So many agencies and people involved yet little Noah is still missing. :(

Just last week my older son did the same thing to us but from our home. We know he can undo locks and open doors so we installed a chain lock at the top of the door so that he can't reach it because he is always trying to get outside. We rarely use the front door, we go in and out of the garage which is blocked off by a baby gate.

Not 10 minutes before his escape I had walked by and saw him playing by the window and glanced at the door to make sure the chain was locked like I always do and it was, I went to the couch in the other room to change my younger son (3 months) and right around the time I was done my husband walked downstairs with a basket of laundry and I noticed that I didn't hear our son say anything, usually we at least get a "hi" or "mama" or "daddy" when one of us walks by so I asked my husband if our son was still playing in the front room and he said he thought so but I saw the realization dawn on him that he didn't remember seeing him so we both rushed to the front door, saw that it was cracked and that the chain was undone we both frantically ran out the front door just in time to see a man walking down our street carrying our son looking for his family, he had taken off his own coat to bundle up our son. It was maybe 30 degrees outside, he was only wearing his pjs, no shoes, and our son was so happy to be outside exploring and so oblivious to the cold and all the possible dangers, he saw a cat and just followed it down the street trying to catch it. It terrifies me that had he darted out into the street in front of w car or had the wrong kind of person seen him and taken him that those few minutes could have changed our lives forever.

Maybe that's why this case is getting to me so much, aside from the close age and physical similarities between my son and Noah, just last week under different circumstances this could have been us on the news with the child who just vanished. And so many people are so quick to judge and tear apart the grandmother for taking her eyes off of him for a minute and to bash the parents for having her babysit, it just irks me so much. Nobody realizes that things like this can happen in the blink of an eye even to the most attentive, protective, helicopter parents.

We still don't know how the chain came loose, my best guess is that whenever it was locked last maybe the slide was only put halfway into the track by mistake so when he tried the door it just fell out.

OT -- there are magnetic-type door alarms for about $20 at home stores. They go off when the door is opened or closed. It might be a worthwhile investment for your little adventurer.

I doubt if there is a real big mountain lion population in Pinson, Tennessee...........elevation 475 feet.

It looks like that business changed locations a year or two ago, perhaps. And then I think it closed down completely.

I am hoping areas across the street were checked! If not...then that is a huge mistake, IMO.

All children are different. I've seen some that don't want to leave their parents side. And others who will just run off and not be afraid at all. We don't know Noah's personality at all.

Agreed. One of mine escaped from our house at an age considerably younger than Noah before I knew they could even work a door knob and didn't have the door locked. The weather was absolutely terrible (single digit temps and deep snow) and they were quite a ways from our house before being discovered by a neighbor. I did not even know they had left the room in which they were playing until I felt a breeze and realized the door was open. An adult analyzing the situation from an adult's perspective would probably have concluded there was no way they left the house but they absolutely did.

[video=twitter;689542353267335169]https://twitter.com/WheresKarenB/status/689542353267335169[/video]

Let me take a moment to say this. I think little Noah is there somewhere and has just been missed. I don't know where specifically, but I believe he's there. I think he wandered off playfully, may have crawled part of the time under briar and brush, may have fallen in a hole, slipped and fell, or succumbed to the elements, layed down and fell asleep. Or, he may have been attacked by a mountain lion, which most here doubt, which is fine, because I doubt it too. Occam's razor tells us he's in the woods due to one of the above. But for those who are concerned and perplexed because the dogs haven't found anything, then tend to skip right over the mountain lion attack to the preferable foul play, when there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that's what happened. These dogs are not infallible and it seems that more often than NOT when it comes to a small child lost in the forest, the dogs are no help in finding them. IMO, it is a better course to not put too much emphasis on these dogs, in this case.

I doubt if there is a real big mountain lion population in Pinson, Tennessee...........elevation 475 feet.

Many more than you think, and it only takes one steelman...

Cougar Sighting in the West Tennessee Area as reported by site visitors.
https://www.uu.edu/forms/cougars/sightings.cfm

Cougar sighting confirmed by TWRA
Brandon Shields, bjshields@jacksonsun.com 4:02 p.m. CDT October 8, 2015
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2015/10/06/cougar-sighting-confirmed-twra/73464314/

I'll bet the first LE officers on the scene are just kicking themselves for not setting up a BIG perimeter and looking for little tiny footprints.

It sounds as if the initial search zone got trampled PDQ.

Aren't mountain lions and cougars the same thing? Here in Montana we call them Mountain lions. Kinda like potatoe potato depending on where you live.

I too think little Noah will be found pretty close to where he first went missing. I have seen this happen many times on this forum (sadly).
The care the very extended community has shown has been amazing. It has somewhat restored my faith in humanity.
My heart goes out to Little Naoh's family, especially grandma as I am a grandma myself and realize how fast our precious little ones can get away from us. This is heartbreaking.
God bless little Noah and his family and this community.

Aren't mountain lions and cougars the same thing? Here in Montana we call them Mountain lions. Kinda like potatoe potato depending on where you live.

Yes, Mtn Lion = Cougar = Puma = Panther. I think you are right that it is a regional word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera