Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser will be in one hour from now. Reporters have been recording them live on periscope and give a web address to link to when it starts. Apparently there are also periscope apps but I don't know much about them - I watch on the web. Cell reception there is sketchy but most of the pressers have come through okay.

I hate the statement about it being "big." Now we'll spend the next hour wondering, when it could be anything from Noah being found to the search going to recovery or even that they're not using volunteers tonight. However since the fire chief and the Missing and Exploited Children rep is attending, maybe we'd better brace ourselves...

Has anyone from Missing and Exploited Children spoke at a previous PC related to Noah?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I live near the area and I just want to say a few things.

1. These woods are unforgiving and easy to get lost in.

... (snipped for space)

3. It's not weird that grandma took them out there. Like I said, I used to play in the woods all the time as a kid, that's just something people out in west TN do.

I am not trying to be rude, so I hope I'm not. I just dislike so many people talking about this area like they know it, when it's obvious they have never been here. I dislike people implying that something shady went on, when it's pretty obvious that this is just a terrible story that could have happened to anyone. Everyone out here is so shocked and distraught about Noah and not being able to find him, and it really sucks to see rumors and accusations come up. Please remember this story involves real people and how much it hurts to hear that people think the family did something. Aren't they suffering enough?

Welcome Sgt! I especially appreciate your comments #1 & #3 ... the woods are a big part of many people's lives yet so foreign to others. I'm married to someone who spends like 95% of his life outside - usually in the woods - even he cringed at the thought of all the sinkholes. We don't have that problem in the woods of Vermont thankfully. It's truly impossible to imagine what Noah's family has been going through! (If you spend enough time here on WS, you'll see that sadly many missing children cases are not actually "missing" but a cover up for what a family member has done ... it's a sickening reality that makes us a bit jaded when a true missing child case comes up. Prior to WS, I wouldn't have questioned the grandma's story at all ... now I must admit, one of the first thoughts that pops into my head with ALL missing kids is - I wonder if they're telling the truth?)

SGT I'd like to know your thoughts about the cougar theory going around and also could you give insight if the trees in the area are climbable by a 2 year old ?

TIA

I live near the area and I just want to say a few things.

1. These woods are unforgiving and easy to get lost in. I've played in the west TN forests and woods since I was a kid, even small wooded areas are easy to get lost in. There was an experienced hunter that got lost for days in the forest of Shelby. So imagine how easy it would be for a two year old. When I was a kid, me and my friends would find all kinds of neat hiding places and holes to play in or built forts for dirt clod battles. These things are great when you're a teenager that knows the area, but a nightmare for a two year old. I mention all of this because I keep seeing comments about how "strange" it is that he hasn't been found, despite the massive search. Anyone who has been inside these forests will tell you it would be insanely easy to overlook something, especially if they are a tiny two year old child. This poor child could have fallen in a sink hole or fallen asleep in a rotted tree trunk and no one would be able to see him, especially if leaves are covering him up.

2. Search dogs are a joke when it comes to finding missing people. I blame CSI and Law and Order for making the general public think they are reliable. I can't think of any case where they have found a missing person. That's not to say that the dogs are useless, but people really do give them too much credit. There was a story not too long ago where a woman went missing in the woods and people preformed a grid search and used the dog. Months later they found the body. Everyone, including the dogs, had missed her, despite searching the area. I mention this because I keep seeing people saying that it's "weird" how the dogs haven't picked up anything. It's not weird at all given the fact that they aren't infallible, especially when you throw in the wet weather and all the other smells contaminating the area.

3. It's not weird that grandma took them out there. Like I said, I used to play in the woods all the time as a kid, that's just something people out in west TN do.

I am not trying to be rude, so I hope I'm not. I just dislike so many people talking about this area like they know it, when it's obvious they have never been here. I dislike people implying that something shady went on, when it's pretty obvious that this is just a terrible story that could have happened to anyone. Everyone out here is so shocked and distraught about Noah and not being able to find him, and it really sucks to see rumors and accusations come up. Please remember this story involves real people and how much it hurts to hear that people think the family did something. Aren't they suffering enough?

Sgt, thank you for your post. I tried to say the same thing on the previous page but NOT quite as well. We have a log cabin in the outskirts of Clifton and spend 3-5 months there every year. Although we didn't grow up there, like you did, we are familiar enough with the terrain. It's about time someone local took the time to educate us all. I pray little Noah is found soon. I pray for his family and loved ones.

Welcome to WS.

Anyone in the area heard anything new? It's so cold..
I find the comments regarding lack of sighting on trail cams concerning. Also lack of family comment, at all. I live in the woods. I know how fast a small child can disappear, but they also move very slowly at two. How long was he missing before the search was organized in earnest?

Agree about the search dogs. We were searching for an elderly man at night, SBI using bloodhounds. He was in a plowed field behind his home, laying down. Dogs went right past. Glad he was ok..

I don't have a good feeling about this. It's been too long, too cold. He's too small. I hope it was accidental..

I highly doubt it was a mountain lion. I haven't heard of one being in the area or near by. It would be a big deal around here if those animals were here. The most popular animals in these types of woods are foxes and coyotes, both which are spooked easily by people.

Has anyone from Missing and Exploited Children spoke at a previous PC related to Noah?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

No, this is the first.

As usual, Nancy Graces's report will be 24 hours behind and not up-to-date............perfect.

SGT I'd like to know your thoughts about the cougar theory going around and also could you give insight if the trees in the area are climbable by a 2 year old ?

TIA

I doubt it was a cougar, especially in that type of woods. The animals that are popular around here are deer and coyotes, both which are easily spooked by people.

I doubt the trees are climbable simply because he is a two year old. I have a child myself, climbing trees takes some strength as well as coordination, not to mention the trunks and branches have to be small enough to fit around his hands. If the branches were small enough, then it would have to be a pretty small tree.

I know this is going to sound horrible, which it is. But it's been brought up. If Noah was attacked by a mountain lion/cougar and was killed. Wouldn't there be bones left? They don't eat the bones. I can see other wildlife dragging the bones of or taking what was left. :sorry:

"After making a kill, cougars will drag their prey to a secluded area where they can feed undisturbed.

Once they have eaten their fill, they will cover their prey with grass, leaves and other material to protect it from spoiling and from being eaten other animals. Typically the cougar will remain in the area near this cache for several days and occasionally return to feed on the carcass."

Also later down it says that they can eat up to 20 lbs. at a time. :(

http://westernwildlife.org/cougar-outreach-project/biology-behavior/

They bite right through the bones with their incisors. They shred the hide and meat. At necropsy, pieces of bone, hide, and in the case of an attack on a human, pieces of clothing are found. Bones are also found in their scat.

That must be the big news.......they're suspending the search until further notice.

Coyote in this area are not easily spooked..they will run up and take livestock with a human standing by. A two year old can be taken by a hungry coyote, it's happened, though is unlikely. Exposure is a much more likely cause of anything. He has no way to maintain body temp, and he's only two...
Difficult to search the leaf litter, brambles, and holes..

I doubt the trees are climbable simply because he is a two year old. I have a child myself, climbing trees takes some strength as well as coordination, not to mention the trunks and branches have to be small enough to fit around his hands. If the branches were small enough, then it would have to be a pretty small tree.

I have a relative that lives just a few miles from where this is taking place. My memory of the woods in that area, both from hiking around Pinson Mounds and the somewhat-nearby Chickasaw State Park is that the trees are quite tall and the woods pretty dense, and branches of actual trees (as opposed to bushy things) are more likely to start much higher than a 2-year old child could reach.

Some children are climbers and could probably climb a tree but in my experience little children tend to just go go go and keep on going. They also sometimes hide when they realize they might be in trouble. I don't think there is any way to know what any given child would do.

Presser will be in one hour from now. Reporters have been recording them live on periscope and give a web address to link to when it starts. Apparently there are also periscope apps but I don't know much about them - I watch on the web. Cell reception there is sketchy but most of the pressers have come through okay.

I hate the statement about it being "big." Now we'll spend the next hour wondering, when it could be anything from Noah being found to the search going to recovery or even that they're not using volunteers tonight. However since the fire chief and the Missing and Exploited Children rep is attending, maybe we'd better brace ourselves...

I've found I'm bracing myself for every presser in this case. As soon as I hear it announced my stomach starts feeling weird and I have to go do something until start time. They say when you have hope, anything is possible... but I'm also no fool. :( Come home, Noah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV