GUILTY TN - Noah & Micah Scheulin, James Prindle for raping toddler, Cordova, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
that is too sad.. what is going on w/ these kids? forget the monitoring braclets, casterate them! 11 year old even should know its just evil to rape a baby! not to mention the teens. sorry if that is harsh, but that makes my blood boil.

ITA, tlcox, this behavior doesn't suddenly rear its ugly head one day. A few things that really bother me is that the 15 year old was led into previously unreported behavior. He's either highly impressionable or is extremely immature. Both of those issues, IMO, would rule him out as a babysitter. Can he do CPR, does he know basic first aid, etc.? He obviously did not put the baby's safety first. If he was 8, I'd be yelling for the parents to be locked up. But he's of a legal age to be babysitting and should be tried for his crime the same as any other caregiver.

We'll have to wait and see what comes out in the wash concerning the boys across the street. If they were forbidden in the house, what caused the brother to give in and let them in? I'm very interested in the dynamics here as I think parents need to pay attention to red flags and peer pressure.

Another frightful thought I had is that the three boys might have been watching *advertiser censored* and, given their ages, acted out. Tragic all around.

BBM

Or he is a twisted freak that was more than happy to rape his own 2 year old sister. That's where I am placing my bet!

"Watching *advertiser censored* and given their ages" NO WAY is watching *advertiser censored* the cause of this. IMO

This is what I think, too. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the 15 year old had done other things. One doesn't simply decide to rape one day; there would be a lead up to it. Also, if the neighbor boys are so terrible, and the brother is friends enough with them to have them in the house, then that says something, too. Good kids don't generally hang out with bad kids.

A kid doesn't suddenly wake up one day and think "I've always wanted to rape a baby, and Mom's not home today, so maybe I'll give it a whirl. I know it's wrong, but opportunity's knocking..." MOST kids wouldn't have it in them to do such a vile thing. This kid has done something before, I guarantee it.

I totally agree!

This is a tough one as we are not supposed to post links to children and yet these children have been named as the perps. I was hoping we could get some guidance.

I agree, all the children look to be lovely, well-cared for children. The parents all seem "on board". ITA, the the 11 and 13 year old boys should not have been on MS but it happens all the time. My husband and I have signed one form after another stating that our children are not to have unsupervised internet access at school but they go to the library, breach the firewalls and get into chat rooms.

One of our girls (in special ed) actually arranged to be picked up by a pimp AT SCHOOL. I'm actually surprised that these boys used their own names. As far as "being in a relationship", don't look now but children in 2nd grade talk of "going out" and "hooking up". Our elementary schools are having to make rules about texting.

I am SO pleased that I'm on the tail end of this adventure of parenting.

At this point, I'm leaning toward the fact that the boys were sent to spend part of the summer with dad. It doesn't sound as if they had a great time. Was he too strict? Who knows? One of the boys mentioned "partying" when he got home. Possibly, alcohol and internet *advertiser censored* fueled something really ugly and nasty. IMO, we all need to sit up and pay attention as these could be anyone's children.

What in heaven's name went wrong?

I am somewhat shocked.
Why is this, the most horrendous molestation/rape story I have endured, not on the front page? Had to goog it?
Why is there not more discussion?
Why? I want to know why they chose this behavior!
Why? I want to know why this is not fueling incredible response !
Why would boys do this?
Why?

ugh...ick...gross..evil, nasty... and so on...

i dont really have a comment ...its just to much....

i want to know however...:waitasec:

who do you keep.. the suspect son? or the innocent victim?..i only have one lil girl.. but i THINK id send that boy away forever...

they can for never be allowed to live togeether ever
ever, ever, ever, eve,r again...

i doubt this kid and the other 2 thugs kids are gonna change..
as far as iknow u cant change sexual perversion....molesters and the like..

tax payers will end up supporting them for life sooner or later

will they have to register as sex offenders? i am not sure of the law...
just what SHOULD BE THE LAW ON NASTIES:furious:

i hope the lil girl subconcious isnt to hard on her in the years to come..

God Bless you lil one!

Truly a heartbreaking and anger inducing story. I can't imagine what all of the parents are feeling/going through. That poor sweet toddler having to endure such violence and pain. :(

Prayers for everyone involved. Prayers that this innocent toddler will not remember what's happened to her. Prayers it's not too late to help these boys. It's certainly a scary time to be a parent of small children. It seems like the stories just get worse by the minute.

Really? An 11 and 13 year old with the past they have and were doing counselling? And I'm sorry but I've heard enough from their negligent parents. Care givers all summer, with drug charges and the others? Give me a f-ing break. Ugh, furious that these children will not only not be held accountable but on top of that, mom is defending their actions. Not just that night, but all of their actions. She is their cheerleader. Man do I miss the days of old, you know, where you would rather go to jail than answer to your parents. Smh. Sad, sick, and unjust IMO.

Unreal, horrid and evil. Not enough words to express what I feel. Such anger in me. I don't even begin to know what kind of penalty to afford these pigs. I don't care that they are kids. This is beyond any human behavior that is normal. I just want them gone. A sick, horrible act that should never have even taken place and we should not even have to address. Throw away the keys for life. I don't care what drove them to it. In fact, there is not excuse. Nothing drives children to do this to a baby. I believe they have had to molest before too.

Just so seriously unbelievable, sickening and heartbreaking.

Goz

ugh...ick...gross..evil, nasty... and so on...

i dont really have a comment ...its just to much....

i want to know however...:waitasec:

who do you keep.. the suspect son? or the innocent victim?..i only have one lil girl.. but i THINK id send that boy away forever...

they can for never be allowed to live togeether ever
ever, ever, ever, eve,r again...

Was somewhat less shocked when I read that the victim is the stepsister of the oldest perp. Absolutely no offense intended to the many stepfamilies out there - I suppose it's just my own inability to comprehend doing this to one's biological child or sibling, although I know that it goes on every single day. :furious: Any way you look at it, it's monstrous.

I can only imagine this will tear the parents apart, at a time when this little girl will need both of their support. So much heartache all around.

I just hope that little girl NEVER has to lay eyes on her "brother" again in life.

Wonder if someone dared this kid to do this, online or in the neighborhood as a gang initiation or something. I don't know why the other 2 kids aren't facing charges. Since they have crime records, maybe they dared him to.

Not in any way excusing his actions, just wondering what led up to it.

JMO - I think kids(children) this age may know their actions are wrong but they lack empathy. They don't "feel" that what their doing is wrong, they just don't understand the reality of their actions.
The stepbrother was'nt supposed to hang with the 2 brothers - maybe they're the cool bad kids - he wanted to impress. He does not have a record.
His little stepsister probably got all the attention. What he probably got was you're the babysitter, she's little and special and you are not. She's the object of his resentment he's looking for attention.
Parents breakup or get together they are emotionally involved or resentfull of their partner, they see (or don't care) their kids as an extention of themselves, they don't explain or prepare their kids or give them a voice.

This boy is 15, his life his future-not so promising. The little girl seems thankfully ok, depends how the parents deal with it (hard to keep skeletons in the closet these days)
I really think schools should have a class that explains - its not okay to touch you that way, its not ok to punish you this way and if your parents are breaking up or getting together heres what to expect and heres the conntact number if you need advice or help.

I'm originally from Memphis. We lived in these very apartments in Cordova when my son was in the age range of these boys. I now have a 15-month-old granddaughter of my own. I shudder to think that boys the age my son was when we lived there could do such a thing and that someone would consider doing this to a wee babe! Revolting.

ETA: By the way....Someone mentioned a possible gang initiation. This used to be a very decent neighborhood, and there was no gang activity in that area when we lived there. But, then, Memphis neighborhoods have a tendency to go downhill quickly.

Unreal, horrid and evil. Not enough words to express what I feel. Such anger in me. I don't even begin to know what kind of penalty to afford these pigs. I don't care that they are kids. This is beyond any human behavior that is normal. I just want them gone. A sick, horrible act that should never have even taken place and we should not even have to address. Throw away the keys for life. I don't care what drove them to it. In fact, there is not excuse. Nothing drives children to do this to a baby. I believe they have had to molest before too.

Just so seriously unbelievable, sickening and heartbreaking.

Goz

I agree completely. NO excuse is possible. As you say,NOTHING could drive these boys to do this to a baby. Unforgivable and unthinkable. Throw away the key and let them rot.:furious::furious::furious:

JMO - I think kids(children) this age may know their actions are wrong but they lack empathy. They don't "feel" that what their doing is wrong, they just don't understand the reality of their actions.
The stepbrother was'nt supposed to hang with the 2 brothers - maybe they're the cool bad kids - he wanted to impress. He does not have a record.
His little stepsister probably got all the attention. What he probably got was you're the babysitter, she's little and special and you are not. She's the object of his resentment he's looking for attention.
Parents breakup or get together they are emotionally involved or resentfull of their partner, they see (or don't care) their kids as an extention of themselves, they don't explain or prepare their kids or give them a voice.

This boy is 15, his life his future-not so promising. The little girl seems thankfully ok, depends how the parents deal with it (hard to keep skeletons in the closet these days)
I really think schools should have a class that explains - its not okay to touch you that way, its not ok to punish you this way and if your parents are breaking up or getting together heres what to expect and heres the conntact number if you need advice or help.

(above BBM)

I'm sorry but I have to say I completely disagree with both statements I bolded above, and, respectfully, the entire post.

How could they not understand what they were doing? A lack of empathy? I'm quite sure that when they held her down and she fought and screamed in pain, that they grasped the reality that they were hurting her very badly (IF they didn't understand before). But, apparently, they continued (or least one of them did) to go through with it.

This was an act of extreme violence! From beginning to end. Think about how small a two-year-old is and what it actually means for one (or three) boys to RAPE her! :furious::furious: I don't mean to be gross or graphic but, seriously, if one really thinks about what had to have occurred for that baby to sustain what the articles called "horrific injuries?" I'm sorry but there is no way they didn't comprehend what they were doing. There is no excuse for this. None. Nada. Zip. There are no extenuating circumstances that even pertain. I don't care whether their parents were divorced, or whether anything else happened to them. They are monsters, pure and simple.

What makes a fifteen year old boy, or 13, or 11, or whatever want to gain sexual gratification by perpetrating horrific injuries on a toddler! These are the kinds of things serial killers do as children. I hope they go to jail for good and some of the older, stronger inmates that are so inclined show them on a daily basis exactly what they made that baby girl endure. They also beat her, as she had trauma to her head and bruises from being held down on top of everything else. It sickens me. I can't even express how much.

As far as the little girl being OK. How could she possibly be OK? She will never ever be the same.:furious:

ETA: In some cultures a 15 year old is an adult and has been for some time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back