GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Tennessee Court of Appeals declined to get involved in a custody battle over the three children of a West Tennessee minister killed by his wife.

Mary Winkler of Selmer had asked to file an extraordinary appeal to the court asking it to intervene in efforts by her late husband's parents to cut off her parental rights and adopt the couple's children.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=10123

The Tennessee Court of Appeals declined to get involved in a custody battle over the three children of a West Tennessee minister killed by his wife.

Mary Winkler of Selmer had asked to file an extraordinary appeal to the court asking it to intervene in efforts by her late husband's parents to cut off her parental rights and adopt the couple's children.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=10123
--------

Go Winklers!!!!

Let's hope the proper authorities aren't idiots like the jury was and do everything to keep those beautiful children away from that inhuman monster...

--------

Go Winklers!!!!

Yep! Onto Chancery County now!

The McNairy Judge told Mary and her lawyers point blank that a petition for adoption supersedes a petition to withdraw temporary custody.

This appeal imo is they are scared for this case to land in adoption phase. They had so hoped that the McNairy Judge would just withdraw the Winklers temporary custody rights.

:woohoo: :woohoo: Go Winklers! Good luck!

I feel so bad for Matthew's parents. They've been put through the wringer. :(

Is she going to be on some kind of parole? Or extended required counseling? This just seems so wrong to me.

I still wish the DA would prosecute her for the check kiting.

She would probably have a harsher sentence for that than she did for murder.

Is she going to be on some kind of parole? Or extended required counseling? This just seems so wrong to me.

I know Taximom, I don't understand it... I wasn't at the trial nor was I able to watch it, but it seems like the jury just didn't care.

Her trial was a travesty of justice...imho. Poor Matthew and his reputation were drug thru the mud......without any proof. It may be a matter of time before her "ugly" comes out again. :mad:

:sick:

When I get tired of Mr. TN, we are going to be moving to McNairy County.

Wow. This doesn't surprise me based on the outcome of the trial.

I wonder what she will do now? Does anyone know the nature of her contact with her children and/or Matthew's family?

I don't understand how this happened. Even if you truly believe she is mentally ill, or was at the time of the murder, shouldn't she be in a locked hospital getting treatment? How do you go from blowing your husband's head off to being released into the general public?

His family must be devastated, and the kids sooo confused.:(

I don't understand how this happened. Even if you truly believe she is mentally ill, or was at the time of the murder, shouldn't she be in a locked hospital getting treatment? How do you go from blowing your husband's head off to being released into the general public?

His family must be devastated, and the kids sooo confused.:(

I believe a jury found her guilty of involuntary manslaughter, so there were sentencing guidelines surrounding what the Judge could do. I also believe that the Judge allowed her time served to count towards her sentencing.

Someone else correct me if I am wrong on these facts - this is just my offhand recollection.

I was on of the few that respected the Jury's decision in this case. However, I understand why people who did not agree with it see her sentence and quick release as a slap in the face.

I didnt really keep up with this case. I know she killed her husband but did they ever say why? I know I could probably go back and read but was just wondering if someone could give me a quick re-cap...

Wow. This doesn't surprise me based on the outcome of the trial.

I wonder what she will do now? Does anyone know the nature of her contact with her children and/or Matthew's family?
She'll probably write a book, some insensitive publisher will cut her a great big advance, and many people will allow their curiosity to override their sense of deceny by buying the book. She's set for life.....:doh:

This ticks me off!!!:furious:
Why have other women went to jail for years or life. For killing their husbands, who said they were abused. But not Mary! Its so unbelieveable!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back