Found Deceased TN - Robert Qucsai III, 42, Cummings Falls State Park, 3 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
About the Park
Cummins Falls State Park is an idyllic, but rugged, 282-acre day-use park located nine miles north of Cookeville on the Blackburn Fork State Scenic River on the Eastern Highland Rim. Located in the Cordell Hull Watershed, the area has been a scenic spot and swimming hole for local residents of Jackson and Putnam counties for more than 100 years. Cummins Falls is Tennessee’s eighth largest waterfall in volume of water and is 75 feet high.
Cummins Falls State Park

'Officials are searching for a man who has been missing near Cummins Falls State Park since Wednesday.

According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, 42-year-old Robert Qucsai never returned to his vehicle at the park....'

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/o...r-man-missing-out-of-cummins-falls-state-park

It appears that he has an account on AllTrails where he records his trail, his waypoints, posts photos of his hikes.
Cummings Falls State Park is his latest map, but I don't see any "activity" in terms of waypoints or photos. I'm not familiar with AllTrails, so I don't know if this helps at all locating him...

Very worried that he has fallen, if he hurt an ankle or leg, he could be lying somewhere. I hope that they used infrared drones. I picked up a girl once who was hiking and twisted her ankle. There is no way she could have taken care of herself. That totally incapacitated a healthy, young hiker.

I find the timing of his disappearance interesting considering he went missing the day prior to this decision.
DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL v. Q | 2021-Ohio-299 | 20210204347 | Leagle.com
No. 2021-0032.
2021-Ohio-299
DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL, v. QUCSAI.
Supreme Court of Ohio.
Submitted January 8, 2021.
Decided February 4, 2021.
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/docs/pdf/0/2021/2021-Ohio-299.pdf

Robert's Linked in profile
IG - bobqucsai - extrovert, introvert, loner, lover, dancer, adventurer, hiker, friend, son, brother, uncle...lawyer

I find the timing of his disappearance interesting considering he went missing the day prior to this decision.
DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL v. Q | 2021-Ohio-299 | 20210204347 | Leagle.com
No. 2021-0032.
2021-Ohio-299
DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL, v. QUCSAI.
Supreme Court of Ohio.
Submitted January 8, 2021.
Decided February 4, 2021.
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/docs/pdf/0/2021/2021-Ohio-299.pdf

Robert's Linked in profile
IG - bobqucsai - extrovert, introvert, loner, lover, dancer, adventurer, hiker, friend, son, brother, uncle...lawyer

Nice find! Hopefully he just wanted to disappear for a short time and will turn up safe. Or, of course could be complete coincidence.

Last edited:
There is a check-in from Ohio on his fb on Feb 3 - the day he disappeared. Also, interesting comments by MG at Tennessee Bureau of Investigation re his last activity.

His Instagram: Bob Qucsai
He made a posts on Feb 3 from Center Grove, Tennessee at around the time he was seen entering the Cummings Falls state park. It looks like he is documenting all his hikes. Nothing from the last one, so something must have happened to him.

Last edited:
Police search for missing Butler County attorney at Tennessee park

Police are scouring a state park in Tennessee to locate a missing Butler County attorney, officials said.

Robert Qucsai, 42, was last seen entering Cummins Falls State Park around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to a release from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Officials said Qucsai's car was located in a parking lot but police have found no sign of him.

This appears to have been his planned route on AllTrails. I hope that I'm allowed to post it here.

View attachment 283091

I'm not familiar with that area or with reading topographical maps. That said, it appears that there is only one trail in and out from the falls. I wonder if the terrain is such that going off trail to shorten the hike there or back wouldn't really be feasible?

Edited to add: Per the park website there are two routes that descend into the gorge and base of the waterfall.

Last edited:
The description of visiting the waterfall sounds pretty challenging. What was the weather like on Feb. 3?

Description from Cummins Falls State Park
  • The base of the waterfall is only accessible on fair-weather days.
  • Visiting the waterfall will require
  • Strenuous Hiking
  • Swimming or wading through water
  • Climbing rocks
  • Crossing slippery rocks
  • Flash flooding at the base of the waterfall and in the gorge could occur any time rain is present in the watershed.

The closest reliable weather data I'm coming across for Feb 3rd is from the Nashville Airport. It looks like it was clear, no precipitation, but pretty chilly with a high of 46°F at 3:43PM CST and a low of 27°F at 7:04AM CST.

Averaging that with the weather @indicolite22 posted previously from another nearby town, it looks like it was chilly and clear through til the afternoon of the 4th.

It also got down to 27°F that night, at 2:52AM CST on the 4th.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It seems as if had been extremely focused on hiking since November 2020 (his stats on AllTrail). Maybe he wanted to get away from the problems in his work life, clear his head in nature. I tend to think that the date of his disappearance is just a coincidence, I fear that he had some kind of accident on his latest hike. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back