TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did this guy want to be remembered? How did he want to be remembered? As a terrorist bomber? If so, the definition of terrorism most often includes either a political or religious agenda to further. Terrorism is, in the broadest sense, the use of intentional violence for political or religious purposes? What did he expect to gain? I feel like he has some business related motive in lieu of listed motivations. Is his need to be remembered a wish for a kind of immortality? How did he expect others to react? He was said to be somewhat popular and comfortable with the girls. Is this bombing to be attached to particular people’s or a targeted population’s memories of him? Perhaps living on through others. Did others, particularly those in the business segment, have low or high expectations of him? What was his expected gain? Who/What else did he want to make famous? Or infamous?
moo

This bomb making business in one's property reminded me of a case in 2010, in Escondido, CA... A man whose rental house was chock full of bombs. Authorities eventually burned the whole place down.
"Once inside the cluttered house, investigators say they found the largest cache of homemade explosives in a single spot in the United States. "

Lessons learned from Escondido's 'bomb house'

How many more crazies are out there?

Well, somebody dropped the proverbial ball here! Hot potato! Not the MNPD's fault, or the FBI's , or the dudes previous attorney who was also notified of the claims of bomb making.

I tend to agree but I’m not familiar with what legal options were available to them. Is the girlfriend’s word enough to get a warrant?

(p.s. I deleted my post because it was a duplicate of what @KonaHonu posted above)

This assumes he acquired the guns legally. He may not have.
Actually I meant that when the police were looking for a reason to search his house an obvious thing to do would be to make sure the guns the girlfriend had were legally possessed.

It occurred to me that keeping them at her place might have been his way to not actually possess them.

Authorities were first alerted to Warner's bomb-making activities in August 2019 after Nashville police responded to a call from Raymond Throckmorton, Warner's attorney.

Throckmorton expressed concern about comments made by Warner's girlfriend who, according to police documents, said that Warner "was building bombs in the RV trailer at his residence."

Police also spoke to Throckmorton, who said Warner "frequently talks about the military and bomb making. [Throckmorton] stated that he believes that the suspect knows what he is doing and is capable of making a bomb."
Police knew Nashville bomber Warner was making bombs in 2019: Report

Well, somebody dropped the proverbial ball here! Hot potato! Not the MNPD's fault, or the FBI's , or the dudes previous attorney who was also notified of the claims of bomb making.

I feel like “Subject’s former attorney believes he is making bombs in his RV” would be enough probable cause to get a search warrant to check??

An attorney making a complaint against a current or former client is serious. You have a duty to keep information learned from your client confidential. There are limited exceptions but most states don’t even require you to report actual criminal activity. You just can’t participate in it. The attorney-client privilege is supposed to be sacrosanct to insure candor in the relationship so parties can get the best advice.

If you narc on your client and you are wrong, you can face disciplinary action or a claim from your client for violating their confidentiality. I am shocked they wouldn’t have taken a complaint like this more seriously knowing what’s on the line for the attorney who made the report. JMO

Actually I meant that when the police were looking for a reason to search his house an obvious thing to do would be to make sure the guns the girlfriend had were legally possessed.

It occurred to me that keeping them at her place might have been his way to not actually possess them.

Oh, got it. Thanks for clarifying.

First responders, who have been working tirelessly since the explosion, are in need of support kits. Supplies can be dropped off at 218 Omohundro Place.
https://twitter.com/CFMT/status/1342605717170221058

Neighbors Helping Neighbors After Destructive Downtown Explosion, CFMT Fund Established

Here's how to help those affected by the Nashville Christmas Day bombing

I also am shocked :rolleyes: that the FBI was informed and did nothing. Again...

But how many of those reports would they get and how many would be credible?

I was going to defend the police and say that they get many threats daily that aren't credible, but the report is pretty damning, especially with two witnesses saying that they thought he was capable of making a bomb. Of course, it's easy in hindsight to say that.

I did some quick googling and I can't say for sure if the dog DNA was from AW's dogs or other dogs. You can get DNA from many sources like saliva, blood, tissue, and hair so it's possible that it was left over from when the dog(s) was alive. But it could also be from dogs in the buildings nearby. It's very sad either way. I hate it when animals die.

For what it's worth, I also see that Nashville requires dogs and cats to be registered. Now, it's possible that AW didn't register his dogs but police could likely tell if he'd gotten a new dog or dogs. Unfortunately, I doubt we would have access to those records.

I feel like “Subject’s former attorney believes he is making bombs in his RV” would be enough probable cause to get a search warrant to check??

An attorney making a complaint against a current or former client is serious. You have a duty to keep information learned from your client confidential. There are limited exceptions but most states don’t even require you to report actual criminal activity. You just can’t participate in it. The attorney-client privilege is supposed to be sacrosanct to insure candor in the relationship so parties can get the best advice.

If you narc on your client and you are wrong, you can face disciplinary action or a claim from your client for violating their confidentiality. I am shocked they wouldn’t have taken a complaint like this more seriously knowing what’s on the line for the attorney who made the report. JMO

I think it is the girlfriend that alleged he was making bombs, not the attorney. The attorney refused to let the police do any searching. I'm not sure that the word of a mentally unstable (she was aken away by ambulance to the psych unit) would be enough probably cause for most judges. BUT I would think the mere presence of guns for a convicted felon would be enough to search his house. But since the police apparently did not even do a records check...here we are. Or perhaps they did and nothing came up because it was a very old offense.

ETA: the police report actually says the attorney said he talked frequently about military and bombmaking. So I guess the attorney may have been trying to help without violating any attorney-client rules. Talking about bomb making is not illegal so he would not be disclosing any crimes by his client. And if he got the info from the gf then it would not be privledged as far as I know. But he gave the cops enough that, in hindsight, had they tried harder, AQW may have been stopped.

Last edited:
I was going to defend the police and say that they get many threats daily that aren't credible, but the report is pretty damning, especially with two witnesses saying that they thought he was capable of making a bomb. Of course, it's easy in hindsight to say that.

I did some quick googling and I can't say for sure if the dog DNA was from AW's dogs or other dogs. You can get DNA from many sources like saliva, blood, tissue, and hair so it's possible that it was left over from when the dog(s) was alive. But it could also be from dogs in the buildings nearby. It's very sad either way. I hate it when animals die.

For what it's worth, I also see that Nashville requires dogs and cats to be registered. Now, it's possible that AW didn't register his dogs but police could likely tell if he'd gotten a new dog or dogs. Unfortunately, I doubt we would have access to those records.
The place I used to live required dogs be registered (licensed). But it was a one time thing. There was a requirement to report when a dog died but I never heard of anyone actually doing that. Just because there is a law about something doesn't mean it is routinely complied with.

If they verified canine DNA I'm going to trust that it came from more than a few hairs. Very sad that he might have killed his dog. I like dogs.

It would be interesting to know what factors triggered the gf’s breakdown. Was it the stress of his bomb building and a dilemma of ‘grassing’ him up? Fear of him? Something else entirely?

You would think the police report would show that gf was asked about a potential target, even if the answer was that she didn’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky