TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
911 Lines And Flights Interrupted By Blast Damage To Nashville AT&T Facility | WPLN News - Nashville Public Radio
''Law enforcement agencies around Nashville and as far away as Knox County and Kentucky, are reporting their 911 lines are down. The telecommunication problem has also halted flights out of Nashville International Airport.''

''Among the law enforcement agencies impacted are:
''A list of alternative phone lines for residents appears at the bottom of this post.''
Authorities experiencing 911 outages are sharing alternative phone lines. They include:

Williamson County: 615-790-5550

La Vergne: 615-471-1103

Smyrna: 615-930-2067

Murfreesboro: 629-201-5056

Rutherford County Sheriff: 615-546-5793

Rutherford County Emergency Medical Services: 615-546-5801

Middle Tennessee State University: 615-898-2424

Middle Tennessee Electric: 615-571-0297''

Quick Quiz:

When was the last successful Christmas Day terror bombing in the U.S.? Who were its victims?

I can’t recall, pre 9/11?

If this RV arrived in the area late at night, it had to be noticed/gotten on video. Even in a tourist town like Nashville, I don’t think downtown is loaded with those. People will usually park those in the outer area motels and cab it downtown.

So far, unless i'm proved otherwise.
  1. The RV was parked right next to a large "DataCenter". (A building filled with servers, telephone equipment, and internet switches i.e.)
  2. RV gave warning to humans to get away, including gunshots.
  3. it appears the target was the building it was closest to (the one that took very little damage despite the RV being parked right in front of it) (big brown/red-ish windowless building)
While there are several mentions of the AT&T Building/Skyscraper, that is an office complex, the building that the RV was parked next to was the actual "Plumbing of the internet" building, you'll notice the building has little damage, as they are built to withstand blasts.

Data Centers are rated for "Physical Security" all the way up to its ability to withstand a bomb, typically rated SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3.. TIER 1, TIER 2, TIER 3.. ETC.

From what I've gathered thus far, the target of the blast was "somewhat successful". having knocked out the internet for regional users of AT&T.

Although i'm sure if that was the intention, the perpetrator may have been hoping for more visible damage to the datacenter.
And quite possibly was hoping to take down the entire internet (which is impossible without several strategically placed nukes all going off at the same time)

Time and investigation will tell, but all signs thus far are pointing to an american radical with the goal of "blowing up facebook" or something.

An interesting idea.

With a socially distant holiday season, perhaps a possible motive is a disgruntled retaliation of lockdown measures (whether locally, nationally, or just in general). Targeting the data center could be the intended message ... knocking out communication so loved ones who are celebrating virtually aren’t able to connect. MOO

Quick Quiz:

When was the last successful Christmas Day terror bombing in the U.S.? Who were its victims?
There was an attempt to blow up a plane on Christmas, 2008 or 2009? Failed though. I think it was a flight from Amsterdam to the US somewhere. Al Qaeda? can't remember.
As for successful? No idea

The location of the blast site is key. Its an AT&T central office. These facilities are not known to the average person. It is an old school
telecommunication office known by certain people in the industry. If the reports of gunfire is true then they need to look at suicide
and disgruntled employee(s). If the warning recording cannot be found on the internet and it is a custom recording then it identifies
the culprit(s). What the officer heard and saw becomes critical.
The occurrence on Christmas morning indicates that the masses were not the target. Then the warning recording supports the notion it was not meant to harm the public. This leaves the AT&T building as the target. Which points to disgruntled employee. Sometimes layoff occur end of year. Find the vin number and a lot of answers will be found.
Need to have every gas station review the tapes and catch the RV being filled up.

https://twitter.com/BillGRinehart/status/1342602257502773249?s=19

Update from @CincyPD: The Downtown street closures are because of an RV found near the Federal Building, with the engine running. "Out of an abundance of caution" they're treating it carefully, after what happened in Nashville this morning.

"... we are using Explosive Detection K9s to clear the scene.

At this time there is nothing else indicating there is anything else of a suspicious nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes