TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 411767
William Kinney

I am concerned about the accuracy of that photo also. I searched G F M as noted in the left corner, and I don’t find anything for William Kinney.

As of 5:45 PM, this Nashville-based station said: “Student William Kinney, 9, was killed in the shooting. WSMV4 has not heard from his family.”

Apparently, gender/identity is one of the theories that's being investigated. (per link, approx 4:04) So, I guess we are waiting on confirmation before we can discuss?

I will be fascinated to learn what you want to discuss. (Seriously; no sarcasm here.)

I doubt many if any of us (including myself) knows enough about the psychology of gender to productively speculate about the shooter's gender identity and how or even if it affected the crime. (The exception is that I expect all of us--LGBTQ+ or not--will heartily condemn the shooting of children and their caregivers.)

My deepest gratitude and respect for how the WS mods and admins have handled the subject to date!

Some conservatives, like Tennessee Republican Representative Tim Burchett, have called for the release of the document, arguing that doing so would give the public critical information about the perpetuator's state of mind.
"We need to know what was going through this person's head, and the manifesto should be made public," Burchett told Fox News Digital in a Monday statement.

But groups advocating for LGBTQ+ rights disagree.
Charles Moran, the national president of Log Cabin Republicans, a GOP organization that advocates for equal rights for LGBTQ+ Americans, also told Newsweek that there are "serious consequences" for the public release of the manifesto.

"While it would certainly give insight into the motivations of this deeply troubled individual that could help shed light into root causes, we know from tragedies like this that additional glorification of the shooter could inspire others to take similar violent acts for attention," Moran said.

Laura McGinnis, a spokesperson for PFLAG, agreed, telling Newsweek that publication of these documents could increase the risk of contagion. She said that while the manifesto could help law enforcement and policymakers identify potential warning signs to prevent future tragedies, ultimately, "the contents don't change the outcome of the tragedy."
This was a crime that targeted a Christian school. We need to see the manifesto.

I agree with this, 100%.

New Zealand did it right.

Don't even mention the shooter's name.

Don't print the damn manifesto.

Talk about the victims and let their killer remain in obscurity.

Remove the notoriety, and you remove a lot of the 'reward' for these people. They want to die famous, headline news around the world, their names, their faces, their words. Bury them without any of that. Disappear them.

MOO

I would also like to see the offender forever labelled as "murderer" instead of "shooter". Because that is what they really are.

I will be fascinated to learn what you want to discuss. (Seriously; no sarcasm here.)

I doubt many if any of us (including myself) knows enough about the psychology of gender to productively speculate about the shooter's gender identity and how or even if it affected the crime. (The exception is that I expect all of us--LGBTQ+ or not--will heartily condemn the shooting of children and their caregivers.)

My deepest gratitude and respect for how the WS mods and admins have handled the subject to date!

My comment was only related to "why" it wasn't being discussed as it was mentioned by LE... just clarifying the rules for our all-inclusive discussion ;)

'Sorry to disappoint your fascination.

ETA: As for my personal opinion, you can read that here...

TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Wait, should "Christian" be mentioned in the title of the thread??

Last edited:
I am concerned about the accuracy of that photo also. I searched G F M as noted in the left corner, and I don’t find anything for William Kinney.

As of 5:45 PM, this Nashville-based station said: “Student William Kinney, 9, was killed in the shooting. WSMV4 has not heard from his family.”
I could be wrong but I believe that photo is accurate and lifted from the G F M page before that page was deleted.

The Metro credits it in its article.

I remember the bomb drills.

But I don’t remember going to school and wondering “is today the day I will die here?”

That’s where our kids are at now.
True. The "bomb drills" were somewhat abstract.

But as a kid in South Florida, while the Cuban Missile Crisis unfolded 150 miles away, we also had walls carpeted with flyers showing children diving for cover in drainage ditches while being shot at by Stuka dive bombers. (Why it was thought we would be attacked by 20-year-old German planes I do not know!)

The pictures made the latter possibility seem much more concrete and I remember having a number of terrifying daydreams about being strafed from the sky while I walked home from school.

My point is you are right: the vague anxiety prompted by the Nuclear Age had an impact on our generation, but it was not nearly so immediate as what kids face nowadays.

William Kinney was ‘unfailingly kind’ and ‘always inclusive of others’, his family said. :(

‘He loved his sisters, adored his parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and was always excited to host friends of every age. [...] Sweet Will knew no strangers, and our hearts our broken for his family as they try to find their way forward.’

I think this particular shooter has a very high opinion of themselves and chose an elementary school to make the biggest news splash possible so we can all read and be awed by their words (manifesto).

I don't think mental illness is involved, probably just a huge case of victim hood and self righteousness.
If your personal sense of grievance is such that you kill children, I think we should agree you are mentally ill.

Not "legally insane", perhaps, but certainly ill.

It's more about after art school that I was thinking of. Does it prepare graduates to go out and face the world outside the bubble?
She used what she learned at art school to record her premeditated plans to murder innocent children and adults by drawing cartoons of her plans. The murdered children were cartoon characters for her. Such depravity.

Last edited:
like expected ..lets say this one thought about it beforehand..
some will try to justify killing children and innocent ppl and even cheer up and sympathise
beware of this going around and being fed by the media.. this media which itself glorifies what it pretends to condemn
in the same time tarnishing everybody who are really in a struggle and a fight

(Emphasis added.) I don't know who "some" are. Personally I don't know anyone who will justify the killing of children or, in fact, innocent bystanders of any age.

My comment was only related to "why" it wasn't being discussed as it was mentioned by LE... just clarifying the rules for our all-inclusive discussion ;)

'Sorry to disappoint your fascination.

ETA: As for my personal opinion, you can read that here...

Watching CNN and reading news coverage about the texts they sent to their friend just before the mass murder, I had the slight impression of a typical injustice collector who wanted to make the news and be famous for killing a lot of innocent strangers. They mentioned doing something that everyone would know about.
JMO, when someone takes out their anger and frustration on innocent children, theyre just a horrible, selfish person. Only exceptions might be people who are seriously mentally ill. JMO.

Whatever the ideology/beliefs/self-identifier a school shooter claims, we can be assured that they are really just this: a selfish murderer who may or may not be having a mental health crisis (but that mental health crisis does not over shadow their actions). Full stop. Whatever the manifesto is, however they identify, their personal beliefs are secondary to their actions. It has never helped to give these people air time and just diminishes the lives of those killed/murdered. JMHO, of course.

Last edited:
Watching CNN and reading news coverage about the texts they sent to their friend just before the mass murder, I had the slight impression of a typical injustice collector who wanted to make the news and be famous for killing a lot of innocent strangers. They mentioned doing something that everyone would know about.
JMO, when someone takes out their anger and frustration on innocent children, theyre just a horrible, selfish person. Only exceptions might be people who are seriously mentally ill. JMO.

Yes, I think I said much the same in the link I provided. Not sure where the confusion lies.

Gender identity was raised in the press conference. We can't talk about gender identity here... I wanted to know why as it was (as that was the first time it was mentioned by LE). But, personally, I don't give a whip about the whole identity thing unless it was the motive.

We can't talk about (any possible) gender identity crisis (or lack there of) regarding the shooter.

The school is The Covenant School. Yes, it identifies itself as a (Christian) school. It's within a Presbyterian Church.

But everything being equal and fair. Since we can't discuss gender identity then religious affiliation must be included (or excluded), too, as neither has anything to do with the shooting. (Or maybe not?) I'm no longer following the case but I'm sure someone will let me know.

I'm confused as to why everyone else is confused :)

Last edited:
Building on this, IMO this isn't about gender, or autism, or mental illness.

Those words make people focus on those things, which millions of people the world over are affected by, including myself, all three. I'm as horrified and disgusted as anyone else here with his actions.

Take the emphasis off those things, what do we have? Yet another young man choosing to use extreme violence and brutality to act out and blame the world around them. Taking a gun to a vulnerable population.

That's why I think the manifesto will reveal nothing. The impulse is to look at these writings for answers, when the fact is, there is no reason good enough in the world to justify these actions. Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Rage, narcissism, violence directed outward, injustices collected. There is nothing to be learnt, nothing that hasn't been written before, by the hundreds of mass murderers who came before him.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member