Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly tho....he's a 31 year old man.
I think he's a predator. Why else was he even playing that game on that site to begin with? This is one of the things predators do.
True but I know a lot of men in their 30’s and 40’s that play those kinds of internet/phone games that aren’t pedaphiles. His internet history and phone should show if he is in to kids sexually. I’m sure they’re looking into that.

I am very much hoping that BDR did not get to the level of assaulting SLP physically...maybe it is too optimistic, but I DO think he might be a socially awkward loner who didn't have it in him to get to that point.

However, after reading everything that has come out, I agree with everyone who thinks this was NOT just a misguided good Samaritan. The smoking gun, for me, is that he claimed he was afraid the evidence wouldn't hold up after HE was the one to tell her to make the tape in the first place. In fact, he all but forced her to do it, taking advantage of her obvious desperation.

I could reserve judgment if he had hidden SLP while waiting to see if the police took the tape seriously - IOW, if he had sent the tape to them from a burner phone purchased far away from where he lived, and then hidden her until the adoptive father was arrested. But that isn't what happened, and no amount of social awkwardness can excuse the course he seems to have taken. This was someone who was getting some sick thrill from the situation, regardless of how far it escalated or didn't.

I so hope SLP and her siblings can stay together...I know it is so hard to find people to take in groups. I'm hoping the publicity in this case might raise an angel for them if it turns out there isn't family who can safely look after them right now. I also hope the younger siblings aren't angry at her... she likely saved them from [further] horrors, but they might not be able to understand that, only that their life has been turned upside down.

True but I know a lot of men in their 30’s and 40’s that play those kinds of internet/phone games that aren’t pedaphiles. His internet history and phone should show if he is in to kids sexually. I’m sure they’re looking into that.

Federal prosecutor Julie Pfluger has access to all of the tools to discover anything and everything that can be technically traced to B.D.R. She has the resources to do this.

Ms. Pfluger is one of the assistant U.S. attorneys who will be prosecuting this case. She has had great success with receiving indictments from grand juries.

I am so glad that she will be one of the prosecuting attorneys. I have faith that she will unearth every single fact in this case. She will seek justice for S.P.

She is affiliated with Project Safe Childhood and has prosecuted sex trafficking cases.
Project Safe Childhood

https://www.eventscribe.com/2018/CA...SFJTRkg0NTg5&PresenterID=434041&rnd=0.3735362
"Julie's background and experience have given her the legal and social skills to prosecute cases involving vulnerable victims."

Last edited:
I know lots of people that play these games and they are NOT predators far from it. The games are fun!
They might not be but this is what those that are predators do sometimes. This 31 year old man convinced a young teen to get raped and send him the video. He met her through an online game that he used to lure her and manipulate her.

A discussion about all of this won't step on toes.

Firstly, the authorities had to charge him with that offense because of the videotape on his computer/phone.

Unless it is murder, there are mitigating factors in felony cases.

What if B.D.R.'s motivation was to "save" S.P. and he believed that in order to "save" her there needed to be proof.

I can't think of a more horrible way to get "proof" other than being murdered. It was atrocious but without this "proof", the stepfather wouldn't see any jail time. In my opinion.

There is no dispute that B.D.R. drove there, took S.P. (a minor) across a state line. There is evidence that B.D.R. requested the rape be taped for "proof", and that S.P. sent it to B.D.R. There's no disputing that either.

The argument will be whether there were "mitigating factors". What was his motivation behind all of this? Any criminal history in his background?

His D.N.A. will have already be inputted into CODIS so any matches to crimes/rapes will be discovered if evidence exists in CODIS that matches his D.N.A.

We don't know what B.D.R.'s mother will testify to any of this. I don't know if she was as frightened as S.P. and B.D.R. This will all come out in the Grand Jury.

Sometimes there's an indictment and sometimes there isn't. It's up to the Grand Jury.

Then, if and when it goes to trial, there's still no guarantee that the jury there will convict. And if they do, it could be to a lesser charge. Anything can happen in court and usually does.

I really believe that the top-notch lawyer B.D.R. has representing him is motivated by the "gray areas of the law"/mitigating factors.

I think this case could set a precedent.

If BDR actually in his twisted mind believed he was helping SLP, and the facts show that he only "sheltered" her in Wisconsin, this will be a fascinating legal case, and a media/tabloid sensation.

If BDR actually in his twisted mind believed he was helping SLP, and the facts show that he only "sheltered" her in Wisconsin, this will be a fascinating legal case, and a media/tabloid sensation.
I can't even imagine this "only sheltering" to be the truth. To me, it's obvious it was a ruse. I'll bet they find more child *advertiser censored* on his computer too. jmo

Dear kkdj,

I sure agree with you that predators use online games and chat rooms to "hunt" children. No question about that.

Child predators are so vile and such monsters that I cannot even express how sickening they make me feel. I wish they could be locked up forever. I really do.
From everything I've learned about them, there will never be even a possibility of rehabilitation for them. They will always be a danger to children.

I just don't know yet in this case if that is what motivated B.D.R. I know that the authorities and this prosecution team will find out though. I have no doubt of that.

What I do know is that the Grand Jury will be presented with evidence from the U.S. attorneys. This Grand Jury will hear testimony and see evidence concerning B.D.R. before they make a decision as to whether or not to indict him.

The Grand Jury convenes on February 20th.

There is a reason why such a top-notch white collar criminal attorney is representing B.D.R. - Marcus J. Berghahn

Last edited:
If BDR and SP first made contact on December 24th, that would mean this started in Georgia since they didn't move to the farm in Tennessee until December 27th. Is there a possibility of charges from Georgia also?

My gut is telling me something happened in GA that brought about the move and the home schooling. Perhaps she *did* try reaching out to a teacher or guidance counselor and instead of reporting it, like they should have, they called the parents in to tell them their daughter was making some serious accusations and they best have a talk with her. They might have thought if they kept her out of school she'd have no one to tell. I didn't actually see the pic with her chore list but from what was said here, it seems they were all about the outside animals. That would have afforded RP the privacy he needed under the guise of supervising her while she did her chores. So she strikes up a chat friendship with BDR and for whatever reason felt she could trust him. I think that just shows how desperate she was . He may or may not be a predator, time will tell, but 30's, game playing, living with mom may also be social anxiety and ego problems. If that's the case then being her rescuer would make him feel important. He didn't "convince her to let RP rape her" he was doing that anyway. He convinced her to tape it and maybe that's because she told him when she tried to get help before they told her there was no proof of her accusations?. Maybe there was no sexual component to what he did at all. Could be just wanted to be someone's hero. Maybe the video was indeed a poor quality and didn't clearly show RP's face and so they sent it to the police while he kept her hidden and then contacted the FBI. If it turns out I'm wrong then I want to see him punished to the fullest extent of the law. I don't think we have enough information at this point to know if he's zero or hero.

The radio silence from family, friends, neighbours and teachers is deafening to me in this case.

Not ONE person is coming forward to say....'I never could imagine R.P. doing this'...or, 'C.P. is an amazing mother who loves those kids to pieces.'

The silence is making a huge statement, and I don't think its because this family didn't know a single person outside of their own four walls.
JMO

I am very much hoping that BDR did not get to the level of assaulting SLP physically...maybe it is too optimistic, but I DO think he might be a socially awkward loner who didn't have it in him to get to that point.

However, after reading everything that has come out, I agree with everyone who thinks this was NOT just a misguided good Samaritan. The smoking gun, for me, is that he claimed he was afraid the evidence wouldn't hold up after HE was the one to tell her to make the tape in the first place. In fact, he all but forced her to do it, taking advantage of her obvious desperation.

I could reserve judgment if he had hidden SLP while waiting to see if the police took the tape seriously - IOW, if he had sent the tape to them from a burner phone purchased far away from where he lived, and then hidden her until the adoptive father was arrested. But that isn't what happened, and no amount of social awkwardness can excuse the course he seems to have taken. This was someone who was getting some sick thrill from the situation, regardless of how far it escalated or didn't.

I so hope SLP and her siblings can stay together...I know it is so hard to find people to take in groups. I'm hoping the publicity in this case might raise an angel for them if it turns out there isn't family who can safely look after them right now. I also hope the younger siblings aren't angry at her... she likely saved them from [further] horrors, but they might not be able to understand that, only that their life has been turned upside down.
Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member