TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve wondered this too Trudie. Or whomever took her from her room perhaps realized then that she had phones with her and shut them down? This in itself is odd to me though as I type this. What “abductor” would allow a child time to grab phones on the way out of the window? Could she have snuck them? Starting to think one of two things happened. 1.) Runaway or 2) Foul play. IMO

I think runaway, with the help of someone older, more sophisticated. But, the rest area thing makes my skin crawl. Did someone she knew only agree to drive her to meet up with someone? If so, she could be anywhere. Head north, phone pings, head back south. Jmo.
It’s so easy for kids to conceal things from their parents, imo. I think she’s safe, I hope she’s safe & is found soon & person/s assisting her face some serious charges.

Been following along but first time commenting on this thread. Much of what has been said about Savannah's personality reminds me of myself at that age, so I wanted to share a few things that haven't been considered. I'm a farm girl through and through and I've raised 3 raccoons and later turned them loose once they reached breeding age. I can't even count how many birds, field mice, pigs, goats etc. I brought in the house and nursed back to health. I loved the outdoors no matter the weather. The barn was one of my favorite places, I spent more time in the barn than in the house no matter how cold it was. The barn was actually where I met my close childhood friend. Our parents didn't know about it for weeks. Fortunately for me, my friend, a boy, was a good boy. So I could see how Savannah could've made friends with someone without anyone knowing and no electronic trail.

I also had a tendency to bring home human, "injured" strays as well. Is it possible she met someone, male or female who took advantage of her nature? Maybe the sheets and clothes were for a friend who needed to run away for safety, then once she snuck outside, she was abducted? I know this sounds pretty far fetched but nothing is adding up from what we've learned so far IMO.

I think that would have been evident from her online and phone records. She had only been in that area for three weeks, which seems way too short of a time for a home schooled girl to get to know and trust anybody there.

Okay so why would she take both phones with her? Wouldn't you just take the good one that works? Why would she carry 2 phones around with her? I would think that when a family changes cell phone plans because of bad coverage or whatever you wouldn't even have the old phones out anymore. Why wouldn't they be tucked in a drawer somewhere? Also I thought carriers could reprogram the SIM cards in the phones so you can keep your old phones and old number with a different carrier. Cell phones are expensive these days and you have to pay full price for them and they aren't cheap. I just think it's suspicious that both of the phones were taken.

This is something I have strong ideas about...

I really think LE should go over the home and grounds of most ANY missing person's home......ASAP...
NOT to implicate the family...
But to gather evidence of last seen, actions taken right before disappearance, etc....
Not to mention theories such as yours...
That the missing person could be in the house/grounds all along...
It has happened before in cases I have followed...
(cannot think of names at the moment, though...)

this action by LE can be unsettling to the family...
And may indirectly send messages of family guilt...

but if it is protocol for all cases...
Then the stigma would be lessened...

perhaps I am naive... And do not understand the hesitation to do this on the part of LE...

and... Perhaps this thorough investigation of house and grounds may HAVE been done in this case...
And I have missed that piece of information...

this is all JMO...
I think this is feasible for a missing minor. But an adult is allowed to be missing. I might have just taken a vacation and not told anyone, and I have some expectation of privacy in my home.

The frame is available on FB. The photo we are seeing has been cropped but the original is from this post: Savannah Pruitt

Cropped:
View attachment 166575
Image source: Help Us Find Savannah Leigh Pruitt

At the bottom of the photo on FB, there's an option for you to use the frame. But, I know you don't have a FB account and I'm not sure you'll see that. Look at the bottom of this ss:
View attachment 166574

She has a horse. Did she take riding lessons?

Fillyaw said at the press conference that multiple states are involved in the investigation and it has been reported that Georgia is one of those states.
MOO

Thanks Pommy! Do those facebook photo frames add makeup too? Her make-up does not look real to me. And her chin and cheeks seems to have been digitally altered in that photo. The make-up apps let you change face shape slightly and slim your cheeks and chin, for example. Someone mentioned that Savannah looks different in every photo. I think that is due to an app changing her face shape and adding digital make up. This photo seems to be a more natural one without make up filters:
pruitt3.jpg

Compare her chin shape and face shape in other photos:
savannah-pruitt-1.jpg

Savannah Pruitt: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I'm not sure I would recognize Savannah if I saw her, based on those altered photos. Her hair color seems to change quite a bit too.

MOO.

Investigators searching for teen who vanished from home weeks ago
snipped
Fillyaw said Savannah has two cellphones with her and they pinged the morning of Jan. 14 near a welcome center in the Corbin, Kentucky, area, roughly 130 miles from her home. Investigators believe the teen may have been traveling north to an unknown destination.

I wonder what makes them think she is heading north? This is a strange one IMO
Her phone pinged north, just across the KY state line, and they believe she may have been with the phone.
MOO

The early comment about her possibly being a runaway bothers me - curious if a parent would suspect this rather than abduction right away? And if a runaway, why not go out the front door (unless it is alarmed in which case the window might also be) - the taking of both phones could be a clue - perhaps in the time she was reported missing early on the 13th (after going to bed around 11 on the 12th) she had the phones but not the chargers and they simply ran out of battery power on the 15th or were discovered and shut off? Curious about the reporting of the KY ping as well. so many questions JMO

Here’s where I’m at with all this, I’m trying to not get “tunnel vision”, which can be extremely detrimental to a case.

I’m also taking any reports from media with a grain of salt until I hear something directly out of LE’s mouths, particularly TBI and FBI. I anticipate they will comment soon in some sort of statement/press conference, considering the growing media coverage in this case. They will also need to dispel any rumors, moo, and hopefully comment on/confirm this “clothes and sheets” business.

Everything is Jmo

She's been missing two and a half weeks and it's just on the news now! I don't like saying this, but someone could have killed her or knocked her unconscious and wrapped her in her sheets and carried her out. Whoever did this, took her phones to look like she left on her own.

Okay so why would she take both phones with her? Wouldn't you just take the good one that works? Why would she carry 2 phones around with her? I would think that when a family changes cell phone plans because of bad coverage or whatever you wouldn't even have the old phones out anymore. Why wouldn't they be tucked in a drawer somewhere? Also I thought carriers could reprogram the SIM cards in the phones so you can keep your old phones and old number with a different carrier. Cell phones are expensive these days and you have to pay full price for them and they aren't cheap. I just think it's suspicious that both of the phones were taken.
I think she wanted the data in both phones and the new phone didn't have everything the old one did because her parents switched carriers. All JMO.
MOO

Thanks Pommy! Do those facebook photo frames add makeup too? Her make-up does not look real to me. And her chin and cheeks seems to have been digitally altered in that photo. The make-up apps let you change face shape slightly and slim your cheeks and chin, for example. Someone mentioned that Savannah looks different in every photo. I think that is due to an app changing her face shape and adding digital make up. This photo seems to be a more natural one without make up filters:
pruitt3.jpg

savannah-pruitt-1.jpg

I'm not sure I would recognize Savannah if I saw her, based on those altered photos. Her hair color seems to change quite a bit too.

MOO.
Those are only frames. They wouldn't add make up or any touch ups.

Cell plans and carriers are different now then they used to be. Some phones are purchased via contract for the phone and you pay for the plan you choose as well. If you haven’t paid off said phone and you go with another carrier, the old phone could stay on until you’ve paid it off. This may be the case here and she may use one for SM only. I too find it odd that both phones are gone, makes me bend toward runaway. MOO

Just catching up here after seeing this mentioned on the Savannah Spurlock thread.

How sad that we're talking about another missing young teen? SP sounds like a naïve, wholesome young girl. My heart wants to believe she was just homesick and wanted to get back to friends from her former area. She could have used the sheets to bundle her clothes up in a hurry.

My jaded, 'seen too much bad too often' head says foul play could be involved after all this time. The sheets could have been removed if there was some type of fluid evidence on them or perhaps staging along with leaving a window open and clothes missing?

I'm not overly concerned about the wording on the MP alert. In the Jayme Closs case it went back and forth as well, ie missing, abducted, endangered.

Hinky meter going strong on this one, hoping for more information. :(
BBM
This makes sense...
I have a feeling someone was there to pick her up and she bundled up a few things, hopped out the window and drove off. idk but it seems the most logical at this point imo.

This is Savannah's house ... don't think she walked out of there
Google Maps
ETA: The sale of this house is recorded as 12/19/2018.
Very nice place, a farm girl’s dream home, I would think... and less than 5 Miles to Walmart ...
She might have had friends at previous home even if she was homeschooled
(33.9122498, -84.0711438)
there are lots of neighbors around there.

snipped
Fillyaw said Savannah has two cellphones with her and they pinged the morning of Jan. 14 near a welcome center in the Corbin, Kentucky, area, roughly 130 miles from her home. Investigators believe the teen may have been traveling north to an unknown destination.

I wonder what makes them think she is heading north? This is a strange one IMO
The phone pings were 130 miles north of her home. Now at this point she could be anywhere in the country but wherever the phones were going they certainly went north at first.

Ugh this is such a very complicated case.
So just wondering out loud here
What if she did in fact got together with someone else to help her scape? It doesn't explain the missing sheets. Why would you take the sheets? yes, clothes, I get that, phones, understood, but bed sheets? just too weird and my mind goes into bad places.
I would also think that the FBI would have gone through the room, right? they would have looked at the other side of the mattress, just in case there is something there, which would explain the sheets.
I just don't know what to think at this point.

All MOO

How would any child like Savannah make new friends in a very short time in a somewhat isolated (no "next door neighbors) type of neighborhood? I can only think of church since she was home schooled or on line, and LE said there was no evidence of that. Would she have spent time in the town library as part of her home schooling with access to computers and to other folks who might befriend her? Also, has there been any mention of her baby sitting for anyone.?

Looking for quote that touches on this :

ETA / qmfr:
““The girl lived in Lawrenceville, Ga. for many years before moving to Knoxville four weeks before she disappeared,” FBI spokesman Kevin G. Rowson said in an email. “So she has many contacts here from school friends (or other people).””

Former Lawrenceville teen disappeared four weeks after move to Tennessee

—bringing forward this last sentence again.

ETA:

It doesn’t look like she has makeup on invthe above (main) photo, maybe lipgloss idk? or at least not in that photo. (Noting bc I was wondering if any of her makeup was taken)

But at the seconds photo it looks like we has some light makeup on.

Last edited:
pruitt3.jpg

savannah-pruitt-1.jpg

MOO.
No, I tried it on myself and my face is the same. But, I think she could have applied a makeup filter (not sure if that's the correct terminology!) prior to adding the frame. That's exactly what has been done in the second photo above from Heavy. When I try on that frame on FB, there is no flower crown. So, that was added before the frame, I believe. Does that make sense? One step for hair/makeup and another for the FB frame.
MOO

ETA: Or in a nutshell :p:
Those are only frames. They wouldn't add make up or any touch ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko