TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be. If she's with an adult that she is not supposed to be with, without her parents consent, then she is endangered. Plus whoever she is with, isn't notifying her parents or authorities, so their intentions are suspect, at the very least. imo
Tennessee Age of Consent & Statutory Rape Laws
Yep - age of consent is 18 unless they are within 4 years - so still 14.. IMO

I'm not a fan of home-schooling. She said on FB her mother had a hard time handling 4 kids, IMO they should have been in school. Did they give a poly to the stepfather?
Her post states the following:

"NO NO NO NO NO (if four is to much for my mom I can only imagine what twelve kids would be like!!!)."

These two emoji's appear at the end of that statement ("tired" and "tears of joy"):

Savannah Pruitt

JMO, but there is nothing nefarious here.
MOO

Last edited:
Her post states the following:

NO NO NO NO NO (if four is to much for my mom I can only imagine what twelve kids would be like!!!).

These two emoji's appear at the end of that statement ("tired" and "tears of joy"):

Savannah Pruitt

JMO, but there is nothing nefarious here.
MOO
Oh yea I agree I didn't mean anything nefarious. I just think it's hard to home-school four kids and go about your home duties on top of it.

I’d like to know why the mom was checking on her daughter at 4:30 am. Maybe she just happened to pass the bedroom on the way to the bathroom or something, and felt a draft from the open window. But I’d like to know how the discovery came about.
Here is what confuses me about this and so far no one has mentioned it:

Mom said she checked in her room at 4:30 am
Sisters checked at 5:00 am

Now, some folks said it's possible that Mom checked first, didn't see her in her room, maybe looked elsewhere in the home/barn (do they have a barn or outbuildings?). Yet, if both the Mom and the sisters checked at both 4:30 AM and 5:00 AM, wouldn't Mom have noticed the window open as it would be freezing in her room, sheets missing, at the very least?

Statements from the 1/25 press conference regarding abduction/runaway:

REPORTER: Are you able to look into or, I don't know the correct terminology, but go through the actions or messages that she sent prior to her missing?
FILLYAW: We've already reached out to all the cellular phone carriers and social media outlets and have produced in excess of 2,000 pages of reporting. Myself, the Federal Bureau of Investigation Knoxville office and the TBI have gone through each and every page of that reporting and there has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her. So at this point, she's, this is, this is a missing person’s case.

REPORTER: Nothing shows that she ran away?
FILLYAW: We're not sure of that at this point and that's also some of the information that we're not at liberty to release at this point. We just know that her mother, Christina, went into her bedroom about 4:30 in the morning of the 14th and she was gone. And, she checked the house and did not locate her. Mr. Pruitt went out and checked the farm and didn't find her anywhere on the farm and they notified law enforcement immediately.

REPORTER: Abduction or runaway?
FILLYAW: Well like I said, I don't want to really say whether it was abduction or runaway at this point just in case some of these, any of these suspects do pan out.

REPORTER: So, it's a missing person (crosstalk)?
FILLYAW: At this point it's being treated as a missing juvenile, yes.
REPORTER: But those other options are not ruled out until you guys get finished?
FILLYAW: Exactly. Exactly, yes. You know, we're not willing to say either way until the investigation is complete and we find her.

Source: Video and transcript previously linked
Now see here- LE told the reporter that the Mom checked her room at 4:30 am!

So which is it- the Mom at 4:30 AM or the sisters at 5:00 AM?

Is it not a VERY odd coincidence that at the time the Mom and sisters allegedly checked on her, that her phone pinged in KY? Things that make me go hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.

I believe she will be found and alive. The person she left (willingly imo) with will be a male adult who took her across state lines which will make this a federal crime. I also think there has more than likely been some problems in the family with this male adult and their concern about the relationship he and Savannah had (have) that prompted the move and the homeschooling. jmo

I think this, too! I think plans were well underway when the family first purchased the new home. I think someone wasn’t so happy about the move.
Agree about the sheets, too.
And, the sudden homeschooling.
So baffling the dad thinks this is something she’d never do but mom/aunt first suspected “runaway”.

Now, some folks said it's possible that Mom checked first, didn't see her in her room, maybe looked elsewhere in the home/barn (do they have a barn or outbuildings?). Yet, if both the Mom and the sisters checked at both 4:30 AM and 5:00 AM, wouldn't Mom have noticed the window open as it would be freezing in her room, sheets missing, at the very least?
Hmm yes, I would think so - last seen on the 13th (late evening) found missing on the 14th 4:30am-5am - and phone pinged in KY on the 14th around 5:15am? 130 miles away? so perhaps she went missing around 2-2:30am on the 14th? still messing with this timeline...

Now see here- LE told the reporter that the Mom checked her room at 4:30 am!

So which is it- the Mom at 4:30 AM or the sisters at 5:00 AM?

Is it not a VERY odd coincidence that at the time the Mom and sisters allegedly checked on her, that her phone pinged in KY? Things that make me go hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.
Not trying to make you crazy Steels, but at the beginning of the press conference, Hillyaw says:

"Last seen approximately 11 o'clock p.m. on the night of the 13th, but was found to be missing about 4:00 a.m. on the 14th."

(Running for cover...:p)

I think someone made a good point when they said that, if something really was "off" that night with the parents, the other kids would have noticed something. They were likely questioned, and they probably knew if mom and dad were both home when they woke up (giving either parent very little time to go take the phones out of state if something actually did happen in the home), if dad was out of town, etc. - let alone hearing something.

<modsnipped not victim friendly- against TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:

this!!! it's been driving me crazy!!! and i believe another poster did point it out last night...

Missing teen's cellphones pinged nearly 140 miles from Tennessee home: Police
Her younger sister discovered Savannah, the oldest of four siblings, missing Jan. 14 around 5 a.m., Christina Pruitt said.

Parents of missing teen: "Please help us find our baby"
Officials say her mother went into her room on the morning of Jan. 14 at 4:30 a.m. and she was not there.

Investigators searching for teen who vanished from home weeks ago
snipped
Fillyaw said Savannah has two cellphones with her and they pinged the morning of Jan. 14 near a welcome center in the Corbin, Kentucky, area, roughly 130 miles from her home. Investigators believe the teen may have been traveling north to an unknown destination.

I wonder what makes them think she is heading north? This is a strange one IMO
Because her phones pinged north of where she lived...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member