TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnipped quoted post>
Same here, but we don't know in this case. I have wondered if since they moved in the middle of the school year if homeschooling was just temporary. Of course, some parents do homeschooling as a way to control their children or to keep them out of particular social environments. Of course there could be other reasons as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could very well suspect that but they aren’t telling us that ... the last ping seems to say that is exactly what happened.
I keep going by their expressions - deep pain in Dads eye - maybe he’s feeling betrayed by a trucking friend? This would explain what I perceive as Mom’s anger - (hard set to jaw) as well. Betrayal by someone they knew but LE insisting they remain quiet while investigating???
If she really was at that rest stop then she was captured on camera, and at any toll booths along the way.

After reading more I have another thing that really is bothering me....Why did they get up so early in the morning? 4:30a.m/5:00 a.m seems really early to me if you are homeschooled. Even if living on a farm with animals during this time of year people wouldn't be going outside to tend to farm animals in the dark. We had roosters when I was younger and they didn't even start making noise until the sun started coming up. I mean I get up at 5:30 a.m pretty much daily but not by choice. I just can't sleep but my daughter would sleep until noon everyday. I just don't get the early morning wake-up time. Also does anyone know if LE checked both sides of her mattress? I just can't get past the missing bed sheets and the early morning hour.
A window being open would cause a draft. If windy, then there would be noise. Maybe the cold and realization of a draft coming from somewhere, even an open window, caused Mom to get up and check.

Not sure whether Savannah had a room to herself or shared with a sister. If she shared, that would be pretty good stealth to get out without waking her sister. She cold have opened a window herself and then left by the door, if she planned this.

On the other hand, it would cause the sister to be aware of an open window. Maybe they even shared a bathroom and again, the draft of cold air made someone investigate. JMO

So many if's, what's, why's...

After reading more I have another thing that really is bothering me....Why did they get up so early in the morning? 4:30a.m/5:00 a.m seems really early to me if you are homeschooled. Even if living on a farm with animals during this time of year people wouldn't be going outside to tend to farm animals in the dark. We had roosters when I was younger and they didn't even start making noise until the sun started coming up. I mean I get up at 5:30 a.m pretty much daily but not by choice. I just can't sleep but my daughter would sleep until noon everyday. I just don't get the early morning wake-up time. Also does anyone know if LE checked both sides of her mattress? I just can't get past the missing bed sheets and the early morning hour.
I don't think we know what time they normally get up. Just that mom/sister were awake that morning at that time and found her missing.
Sheets are often used to descend from a window when sneaking out. Tie them together and voilà, a rope. My brothers used to do this on me when I was babysitting and I never knew they were out of the house.

Was the window high enough off the ground that she would have needed a way down?
Wouldn't the rope still be there, though? I'm guessing she wouldn't have needed a rope since it was a one-story house. Interesting that so many people have done this - I feel like I've missed out on something, lol! :p
MOO

Her post states the following:

"NO NO NO NO NO (if four is to much for my mom I can only imagine what twelve kids would be like!!!)."

These two emoji's appear at the end of that statement ("tired" and "tears of joy"):

Savannah Pruitt

JMO, but there is nothing nefarious here.
MOO

Agreed. That was taken WAY out of context.

A window being open would cause a draft. If windy, then there would be noise. Maybe the cold and realization of a draft coming from somewhere, even an open window, caused Mom to get up and check.

Not sure whether Savannah had a room to herself or shared with a sister. If she shared, that would be pretty good stealth to get out without waking her sister. She cold have opened a window herself and then left by the door, if she planned this.

On the other hand, it would cause the sister to be aware of an open window. Maybe they even shared a bathroom and again, the draft of cold air made someone investigate. JMO

So many if's, what's, why's...
If they have a dog, the dog could have alerted them that something was wrong. I'm confident that mine would.
MOO

Looking at the map, once you go north into Kentucky, one would have to go immediately west to get into Missouri (if I saw that correctly, it may need a double check but iirc there’s a small area of Missouri which borders Kentucky. Sorry if this is a brainfart post.
Depending on where in Missouri you are going you can take I-64 west from Lexington and that would eventually take you into Indiana and Illinois and through St Louis to points beyond. That would be the fastest route. If, of course, that is where you were going.

It seems to me that the unknown that would answer many,many questions is the why. If she left intentionally (runaway) then why? Toward a particular place or to a particular person? Having been in a town and in public school, did she come to Tennessee and discover that it was not as idyllic as she thought it was going to be particularly since she was now being home schooled. I can't get it out of my head that this might be an older woman who felt sorry for SP and thought she was doing a kind thing. But "out of the frying pan into the fire" with that line of thinking.

It seems to me that the unknown that would answer many,many questions is the why. If she left intentionally (runaway) then why? Toward a particular place or to a particular person? Having been in a town and in public school, did she come to Tennessee and discover that it was not as idyllic as she thought it was going to be particularly since she was now being home schooled. I can't get it out of my head that this might be an older woman who felt sorry for SP and thought she was doing a kind thing. But "out of the frying pan into the fire" with that line of thinking.

You think she’s with an older woman? Anything is possible. I see a manboy, over 18, idk why.

I take the homeschooling quite possibly with a grain of salt. If they had only been there tops of like 3 weeks (did they move over Christmas or before and how long did it take for instance?) Homeschooling may not have even started and could be just a word used because she was not in school yet or to justify her not being in school? Just a thought.

I agree with some. I think it is likely possibly she was involved with someone, a bf, friends the parents may not have approved of, had trouble in school. Her dream had always been a farm life, they pull her out of school, buy one and get her away from whatever influence.

I had a child who wanted a farm type life. She never had one with me but I also know had I put the child on one at the age of 14, the distance from friends, fast food and different things in town would have bothered greatly. They may say it but they do not realize what goes along with it. Stuck at home at that age with just folks and siblings? Not what MOST would want.

My guess is this scene was either staged or she planned on going with someone. Grab the phones, throw some clothes on your bed, roll 'em up in your sheets. A teenager's number one possession is their cell phone. No stranger perp is going to say grab some clothes and both of your cell phones or sneak in a window and then turn lights on to find these things, etc. It just makes no sense. Her taking her phones does make sense.

My guess is they do not say abducted or runaway because until questioned, it is a bit of a gray area. If it is a 17 year old bf and she went willingly, it is not really an abduction. If it is a 21 year old, then you have a bit of well, she may have went willingly but there could be a statutory rape thing, etc. which would make it a bit gray until the details are found out. The statutory thing would not necessarily mean her going willingly was an abduction. They may also hope if no one thinks they are in trouble, they may give up.

Then of course there is always that thought that she could be naive to an older perp and she may be in some danger, even with an older teen.

It could also have been staged if something happened at home.

She took these things or wanted it to look like an abduction but in the way of a teen did not get it quite right.

I hope anyhow.

I am a bit surprised they shared the ping thing because it would let someone know to shut the phones down or get rid of them though...

Hoping it is okay to post this scenario as the mom and aunt allegedly said themselves they thought she may be a runaway.

We had a very recent move. Apparently she was up (and others were) at 11 and then gone at 4:30. This is odd to me. No 8 hours sleep for most or none or even 6 or 7? Doesn't seem to me any home schooling was maybe planned for the next day.

Unless they bought a place with several animals already on it, I also do not see chores. They had only been there a few weeks and Christmas and New Year's occurred in those weeks whether they were still moving, just moving, etc. I doubt they had purchased animals yet.

I read all of the pages before commenting but these are my thoughts and with these thoughts she is safe so I hope it is the case. If I have anything wrong, forgive me, I crammed a lot of info in reading all of the pages to get up to speed.

I have been reading and wish I could contribute. I lived in the London/Corbin area for many years. There is a small state park, Levi Jackson, in London. It has nice camping area, although it is pretty cold for camping right now.
Lots of trucks on I-75, and easy to access MO going I-75 up to Lexington and then west on I-64. Also saw that HLN news was covering Savannah this morning.....but just what we already know.

Same here, but we don't know in this case. I have wondered if since they moved in the middle of the school year if homeschooling was just temporary. Of course, some parents do homeschooling as a way to control their children or to keep them out of particular social environments. Of course there could be other reasons as well.
Someone on here said she went to school in Georgia when she lived there ... and I was sure I read that she WAS homeschooled in GA but had returned to public school in TN... so I’m confused.
I think the theory that she ran away with a young man she knew makes more sense IF she went to school at any time in the last year.
I do hope that homeschooling was implemented due to a relationship that parents were trying to avoid/end - because that would mean - they know him and she’s more likely to be safe - than all the other alternative situations.

I have been reading and wish I could contribute. I lived in the London/Corbin area for many years. There is a small state park, Levi Jackson, in London. It has nice camping area, although it is pretty cold for camping right now.
Lots of trucks on I-75, and easy to access MO going I-75 up to Lexington and then west on I-64. Also saw that HLN news was covering Savannah this morning.....but just what we already know.

Yea, HLN offered nothing new. A moment ago when they had “breaking news”, I thought maybe it was about SP, but not to be.

Hmm yes, I would think so - last seen on the 13th (late evening) found missing on the 14th 4:30am-5am - and phone pinged in KY on the 14th around 5:15am? 130 miles away? so perhaps she went missing around 2-2:30am on the 14th? still messing with this timeline...

Or she could have even gone missing earlier, then say something bad occurred the phone could have then pinged later during the cover up. I hope this isn’t the case.

Last edited:
Agreed. That was taken WAY out of context.
I think she helped Mom a lot with other kids. I don’t think it was any criticism toward Mom - she just saw how much time and attention the younger siblings needed and was most likely helped her Mom with all of them.
The younger siblings needs may have felt like “too much” to a 14 year old that wanted to spend time doing the things she loved.

I don't think we know what time they normally get up. Just that mom/sister were awake that morning at that time and found her missing.

Wouldn't the rope still be there, though? I'm guessing she wouldn't have needed a rope since it was a one-story house. Interesting that so many people have done this - I feel like I've missed out on something, lol! :p
MOO
BBM
It might be fun when you're the one doing it, but my brothers were in big trouble for basically disappearing on me. And I was a wreck when I couldn't find them. At least there was evidence (as you pointed out).

And yes, good point about the sheets still being there, unless there was a way to flip them off. And we don't get all the info about whether parts of the sheets were still there.

I think the windows are all ground level, so probably all a mute point.

When I used to sneak out, walking through the house and opening doors made noise. So it may have been less noisy to go out the window.

The caveat to this, is that we have yet to receive confirmation from LE, that the door/doors were NOT used in this Missing Person investigation.

Heck, we only have “ABC”, or its affiliates, discussing the window, the bedsheets, and the clothes.

My heart aches for this young child, her family, and her friends.

I take the homeschooling quite possibly with a grain of salt. If they had only been there tops of like 3 weeks (did they move over Christmas or before and how long did it take for instance?) Homeschooling may not have even started and could be just a word used because she was not in school yet or to justify her not being in school? Just a thought.

I agree with some. I think it is likely possibly she was involved with someone, a bf, friends the parents may not have approved of, had trouble in school. Her dream had always been a farm life, they pull her out of school, buy one and get her away from whatever influence.

I had a child who wanted a farm type life. She never had one with me but I also know had I put the child on one at the age of 14, the distance from friends, fast food and different things in town would have bothered greatly. They may say it but they do not realize what goes along with it. Stuck at home at that age with just folks and siblings? Not what MOST would want.

My guess is this scene was either staged or she planned on going with someone. Grab the phones, throw some clothes on your bed, roll 'em up in your sheets. A teenager's number one possession is their cell phone. No stranger perp is going to say grab some clothes and both of your cell phones or sneak in a window and then turn lights on to find these things, etc. It just makes no sense. Her taking her phones does make sense.

My guess is they do not say abducted or runaway because until questioned, it is a bit of a gray area. If it is a 17 year old bf and she went willingly, it is not really an abduction. If it is a 21 year old, then you have a bit of well, she may have went willingly but there could be a statutory rape thing, etc. which would make it a bit gray until the details are found out. The statutory thing would not necessarily mean her going willingly was an abduction. They may also hope if no one thinks they are in trouble, they may give up.

Then of course there is always that thought that she could be naive to an older perp and she may be in some danger, even with an older teen.

It could also have been staged if something happened at home.

She took these things or wanted it to look like an abduction but in the way of a teen did not get it quite right.

I hope anyhow.

I am a bit surprised they shared the ping thing because it would let someone know to shut the phones down or get rid of them though...

Hoping it is okay to post this scenario as the mom and aunt allegedly said themselves they thought she may be a runaway.

We had a very recent move. Apparently she was up (and others were) at 11 and then gone at 4:30. This is odd to me. No 8 hours sleep for most or none or even 6 or 7? Doesn't seem to me any home schooling was maybe planned for the next day.

Unless they bought a place with several animals already on it, I also do not see chores. They had only been there a few weeks and Christmas and New Year's occurred in those weeks whether they were still moving, just moving, etc. I doubt they had purchased animals yet.

I read all of the pages before commenting but these are my thoughts and with these thoughts she is safe so I hope it is the case. If I have anything wrong, forgive me, I crammed a lot of info in reading all of the pages to get up to speed.
You put a lot of thought into this ... and made me think ...
A stranger abduction would NOT have grabbed her phones - period. IMO. So that only leaves 2 scenarios IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeDumb11