AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Before the cops even came out, I went down and told my neighbors, ‘Summer is missing, will you help me look?’ just in case she did wander off. But I knew in the back of my mind, she’s never wandered off. She never went nowhere without me. She’ll ask me to do something before she even goes and does it. And she’s scared to go in the woods herself because we’ve told her time and time (again) because of the bears and snakes,” Candus said.

And Don says the opposite (now). She was prone to wandering. Both can't be true, so which one is accurate?

This is the interview in which Candus says she asked the neighbors to help her look for Summer.

Summer Wells' mom pleads: 'Just bring her back'

“I said, ‘I can’t find Summer. Get home now,’” Candus recalled. “He was like, ‘Call 9-1-1.’ So, I dropped my phone because I had to run over and get Mom’s phone and dial 9-1-1, because her AT & T phone is the only one that works out here to call 9-1-1. So, I called them, and told them what’s goin’ on.

“Before the cops even came out, I went down and told my neighbors, ‘Summer is missing, will you help me look?’ just in case she did wander off. But I knew in the back of my mind, she’s never wandered off. She never went nowhere without me. She’ll ask me to do something before she even goes and does it. And she’s scared to go in the woods herself because we’ve told her time and time (again) because of the bears and snakes,” Candus said.

Interesting. This says neighbors, but I have only ever heard of the one neighbor. :confused:

I am wondering if maybe a place SW liked to wander to is the creek. Maybe when DW saw the boys at the shed he knew that meant they had searched that entire path? I don't know for sure if the creek is between the house and the shed though.

CW says it's very shallow and "You'd be lucky to get wet enough to do anything."

8:50
Thanks. I still didn't catch the part about the creek but noticed a canoe propped up against the side of the house.

I am wondering if maybe a place SW liked to wander to is the creek. Maybe when DW saw the boys at the shed he knew that meant they had searched that entire path? I don't know for sure if the creek is between the house and the shed though.

I found some property for sale along Beech Creek Rd. The creek looks to be fast, shallow and it would be a fun place to play whether it be splashing, catching frogs, throwing rocks and watching them splash. The water is clear and rocks are abundant. I wonder if they arrived home, CW was tired and took a nap. Since Summer had just been swimming, did the boys head down to the creek with her? Perhaps she fell on the rocks and was hurt. Hopefully, we'll know more soon. JMO

28.03 acres in Hawkins County, Tennessee

This is the interview in which Candus says she asked the neighbors to help her look for Summer.

Summer Wells' mom pleads: 'Just bring her back'

“I said, ‘I can’t find Summer. Get home now,’” Candus recalled. “He was like, ‘Call 9-1-1.’ So, I dropped my phone because I had to run over and get Mom’s phone and dial 9-1-1, because her AT & T phone is the only one that works out here to call 9-1-1. So, I called them, and told them what’s goin’ on.

Last night I saw posts that said DW mentioned they have a landline phone. Is this true?

I found some property for sale along Beech Creek Rd. The creek looks to be fast, shallow and it would be a fun place to play whether it be splashing, catching frogs, throwing rocks and watching them splash. The water is clear and rocks are abundant. I wonder if they arrived home, CW was tired and took a nap. Since Summer had just been swimming, did the boys head down to the creek with her? Perhaps she fell on the rocks and was hurt. Hopefully, we'll know more soon. JMO

The creek is a puddle this time of year (summertime). At least what was shown in the video. But when raining, it swells and moves very fast!

You know what I just caught ? Candus would have gotten home around 3 pm, but according to Don, all 3 phones were wiped clean from 3:30 on. Did Summer go missing in just 30 minutes ?

I remember the time stamp of the video in the car driving home with SW on the milk jugs was 3:09.
So they arrived home about 3:15-3:20.

There was property for sale next to the Well's property at the time SW came up missing.
Someone was trying to buy that property but the deal fell through.

The creek is a puddle this time of year (summertime). At least what was shown in the video. But when raining, it swells and moves very fast!
What video?
I don't believe the creek is a puddle in June. Just the opposite according to this link:

Average Weather in June in Rogersville, Tennessee, United States - Weather Spark

Precipitation

A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In Rogersville, the chance of a wet day over the course of June is gradually increasing, starting the month at 41% and ending it at 44%.

For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 46% on July 16, and its lowest chance is 21% on October 16.

Rainfall
To show variation within the month and not just the monthly total, we show the rainfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day.

The average sliding 31-day rainfall during June in Rogersville is essentially constant, remaining about 3.3 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 5.4 inches or falling below 1.4 inches.

The lowest average 31-day accumulation is 3.2 inches on June 8.

Last edited:
Hmmn, let me see if I can remember which one I saw the creek in. Maybe the video where DW walks down the dog trail to show where the road is?

A little tiny creek can change its ways pretty quickly and Summer's a tiny little girl.

I grew up near a creek. Despite being told not play in it when I was a child, guess what. I played in it and caught minnows and such. I was a girly girl, so if i did stuff like this, i would imagine SW being outdoorsy and having three brothers did also.

Thanks, so why wouldn't CW use that phone to call 911?
I think she was outside searching for Summer. Getting CH's phone let her be able to stay outside and let her enlist CH in the search. (Theory)

However, in one version of the story, there are three people in the house and any of them would be capable of picking up the landline and calling 911. (Speculation) so, (theory) this may be why we haven't heard the 911 calls.

Good Morning - Thread is Open

Collaborative Poster Effort
List so far:

*List is a Draft and may not be in order - links/quotes will be added for final version that we can continue to insert info into as it is learned*

3:00 - 7:00

Come home (Apx 3:15)
Get house unlocked and have boys help with groceries
Groceries divided, Grandmas groceries taken across the driveway
Laundry (stated 1 hour)
?CW watches some tv with the boys
?CW uploads videos (Possibly 3:58 - To Be confirmed)
Planting Flowers
Wash hands
SW gets candy from Grandma
back across the driveway to house
CW asks boys to watch Summer
SW goes into the house/basement (apx 5:30)
CW adjusts Grandmas brace (2 mins per CW statement)
SW goes to the basement
CW goes in home to look for SW “she’s just gone”
Reported red truck sighting
Neighbor hears scream (Female and her daughter)
CW calls DW
CW drives CHJ’s Silverado to back of holler
CW calls 911 on CH's phone (6:23?)
Boys go down toward creek
DW calls 911 from work (check Cher video for a possible 6:29 reference)
Don makes a 45 minute drive home in 25 - 35 minutes
DW arrives at shed
Male neighbor becomes involved in the search
—-
CW texts or calls H (This was after 7:00 I believe)
CW contacts RL and DD

Events in the Periphery:
Tree Trimmers are working
Property is for sale
An employee of DW was dismissed the day before

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online