AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In listening to the video in it's unedited entirety, I have a different view point of the red flags I mentioned earlier.

Dad explains why he has spoke of Summer using past tense. I think these two are convinced in their minds that Summer was abducted and is not going to come back home. Viewing what they say through that lens is helpful. I'm reminded there is no cookie cutter reaction from parents and this case is a perfect example of that.

I'm more convinced now, these are simply two exhausted parents who have lost hope of ever seeing their child again.
Knox, I agree with you. I hope we are right. Everyone expects a person to react their way. I’m not sure I could talk if I was the mom. However, I do believe they are speaking in past tense, believing she was abducted. I would likely do the same thing. After all, it has been several days. I just see them both as being so very tired. Likely cried every tear they can at this point. I’ve seen the same at funerals when someone loses someone. They are in shock.

Are they looking up? Dad talks about how strong she is and how she can climb. I feel like roofs and trees, any old tree houses thay may have been forgotten cause of no ladder, hunting stands.
Why would she have done that and why would she have done that out of hearing distance?

Why would they use over 120 agencies from six states and numerous SAR teams to search day and night in the woods, covering 4.6 square miles of treacherous terrain, if she was never there?

Crews ‘scaling back’ search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

This is one of the most maddening aspects of SAR, really. I searched multiple days for a child described as a walkaway/wander-off years ago, along with hundreds of locals. At some point the rumors started going around that LE in that case was looking hard at the parents. It was painful and demoralizing to lead a team after hearing these things. My mentors reminded me of two important things to remember. (1) never trust the rumor mill, and (2) your job isn't to find the subject, it's to determine where the subject is NOT, which in cases like I described provides seriously valuable investigative assistance. If the parents claim a child wandered off, and we search every place that wandering could have statistically or realistically included, and find not a single trace, they can go back to those parents and say, with confidence, that what they told LE is unlikely, and ask if they would like to offer a more reasonable and believable explanation.

Good points !
Am also waiting for LE to say : "This is the last known photo taken of Summer ".

Almost nothing from LE, and I think it's due to two things : Either they do not know for sure which photo of Summer is the most recent ; or, LE do know which photo is the last know pic. of this little girl, and they're not saying as they have reasons not to do so.

<modsnip> I hope LE will have a presser soon.
Doubting it will happen unless there's a big break in the case.

LE have never pushed the abduction theory.
Why ?

It's safe to say at this time that unless someone is hiding Summer, she is not alive in the woods somewhere.
All theories and speculation have potentially heartbreaking ends.

I cannot imagine being a SAR dog handler or experienced searcher and being exhausted from actually looking for Summer and coming up empty.
It must be emotionally draining.

About the abduction theory which is highly questionable, IMO, as both the mother and grandma were outside planting in the garden, maybe Summer was taken by someone known to her ?

Again as far as the searchers and LE go, to think that if the abduction happened, and someone out there knows where she is and is letting the SAR and LE search fruitlessly -- has to be horribly difficult for them.
Imo.
I agree with the dad. I wish LE could do home to home searches. I believe someone has Summer. Not sure she is still alive though.

Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used this way. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?

I’m not familiar with this term, however I think it’s an accurate description of the overwhelming pain & grief a parent must feel in this dreadful situation.

I always feel strong emotions like this ( particularly where my children are suffering/troubled ) in my throat. Fear grips my throat & I feel I can’t breathe or eat.

My heart went out to Summer’s mum when I read her words, which sound to me a very genuine description of the pain, the feeling of hopelessness & anxiety that her little girl may be suffering.

I'm not sure what you mean. There is an Amber Alert and FBI involvement.

An Amber Alert that says nothing, no vehicle or suspect description. What they released does not actually meet the criteria for an Amber Alert under the federal guidance but states are releasing alerts because the public insists because it helps with media attention for a missing person. No FBI profile, no plea for her release, no statement to Summer or her kidnapper. No evidence of an intruder. No suspicious person hanging around the house. Just an invisible man who managed to evade 5 people and a dog in the home to magically abduct a child in broad daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove